2020 Outdoor Organic Grow Central Canada

Kodiak420

Good Day,
I wanted to track my grow this year, and possibly get some suggestions.

Strains
from Crop King

- Purple Kush, feminized, Photo x 3
These were started on April 9th .
April 10th they were planted in soil.
Their final home will be in 45 gallon fabric pots.

Starting in June
- NYC Diesel, Autos x 5
I hope to start them for June 1st.
Their final home will be in 30 gallon fabric pots.

Amendments
- Xtreme Gardening 721220 Mykos WP, 12 oz
- Marine Phytoplankton (micro seaweed) Liquid Organic Fertilizer/ Soil Enhancer
- Gaia Green Organic 4-4-4 All Purpose Fertilizer 2kg
- Gaia Green 2-8-4 Power Bloom
- Gaia Green Feather Meal 13-0-0
- Gaia Green Worm Casting
- Gaia Green Rock Dust Blend (Blend of Glacial, Basalt, Rock Phosphate, and Humates)
- Gaia Green Fish-bone Meal 6-18-0
- Gaia Green Kelp Meal 1-0-3
- Gaia Green Glacial Rock Dust
- Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade
- BudJuice Grow 2-14-0 Organic Bone Meal
- BudJuice - Nitro 12-0-0 Organic Blood Meal
- BudJuice - Bloom 0-0-15 Organic Kelp Based

- few or ten :) bales of peat.
- Leaf mold
- My “ancient forest mix (Sugar Maple forest)”
- Pearl light (because of lock down) Would of preferred to find something else.

Will be using compost teas, from my own compost and Marine Phytoplankton.
I have purchase (hasn't arrived yet) Air pump and stones.
Soil will cook/rest until May 24th aprox.

Germination started on the 8th. (soaked in water for 15 hours, then to paper towel for 36 hours).

April 10th
20200410_115200.jpg

April 10th
20200410_120151.jpg

April 12th
20200412_080957.jpg

This should be a fun year.

My plan is to reuse my soil, LOS style will be end goal. With "lock down" in effect has change a few things, but we'll make do....

Cheers
Kodiak

Day 3 Veg (I think this lock down has days feeling like weeks)

Girls seem happy, could be a little more growth and less stretch. But I might be a little to judgmental in these early days.
I have never been a fan of paper towel method, but to retain warranty (80% germination guarantee) this is the method they wanted.
A few things I don't like about paper towels. Chemicals used in bleaching it white etc... So I guess there is always brown 100% post consumer waste paper towel... the other thing is it is unnatural for a seed to germinate left to right. Germination, from my limited understanding :), happens up and down.
We would use cotton to try to create this effect. Organic cotton ball, place seed in the center, and place back into paper towel, and proceed as usual. And really the "Bro science" around it was to have as little stress as possible.

Not sure if any body has ever done a side by side test of stress on a seed/seedling, maybe? Be interesting to read.

20200413_142335.jpg

20200413_142353.jpg

:yummy: :peace::ganjamon:

Day 3 Veg (I think this lock down has days feeling like weeks)

Girls seem happy, could be a little more growth and less stretch. But I might be a little to judgmental in these early days.
I have never been a fan of paper towel method, but to retain warranty (80% germination guarantee) this is the method they wanted.
A few things I don't like about paper towels. Chemicals used in bleaching it white etc... So I guess there is always brown 100% post consumer waste paper towel... the other thing is it is unnatural for a seed to germinate left to right. Germination, from my limited understanding :), happens up and down.
We would use cotton to try to create this effect. Organic cotton ball, place seed in the center, and place back into paper towel, and proceed as usual. And really the "Bro science" around it was to have as little stress as possible.

Not sure if any body has ever done a side by side test of stress on a seed/seedling, maybe? Be interesting to read.

20200413_142335.jpg

20200413_142353.jpg

:yummy: :peace::ganjamon:

You're over thinking you're 'bro science'.... Seeds fall on its side in nature probably 99% of the time considering seeds are egg shaped and would be a miracle for a seed to fall exactly on its root cap... Just sayin... ;)

A little update, some of the amendments are going to take to long from zon.

Updated list.
I have also decided to get a load of certified Canadian organic soil from local garden shop dropped off, approximately 2 yards worth. next week. This covid crap adds a layer of complexity to everything.

Amendments
- Xtreme Gardening 721220 Mykos WP, 12 oz
- Marine Phytoplankton (micro seaweed) Liquid Organic Fertilizer/ Soil Enhancer
- Gaia Green Organic 4-4-4 All Purpose Fertilizer 2kg
- Gaia Green 2-8-4 Power Bloom
- Gaia Green Feather Meal 13-0-0
- Gaia Green Worm Casting

- Gaia Green Rock Dust Blend (Blend of Glacial, Basalt, Rock Phosphate, and Humates)
- Gaia Green Fish-bone Meal 6-18-0
- Gaia Green Kelp Meal 1-0-3
- Gaia Green Glacial Rock Dust
- Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade
- BudJuice Grow 2-14-0 Organic Bone Meal
- BudJuice - Nitro 12-0-0 Organic Blood Meal
- BudJuice - Bloom 0-0-15 Organic Kelp Based

Today's pictures , actually yesterdays,

20200417_091944.jpg

20200417_091955.jpg

20200417_092001.jpg

Stay Safe
-Kodiak

Day 7 (since sprouted out of the ground)

Girls are coming along
20200419_110504.jpg

20200419_110514.jpg

20200419_110519.jpg

20200419_110532.jpg

I almost have enough egg shells for my attempt to make Emilya's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells. I will start it next weekend, will have eaten enough eggs :laugh:.

Then I will take my stab at Lactobacillus Serum also from Emilya's great resources. The weather here is still pretty cold, frost at night. I wanted to ferment it outside, in case of any smells in the beginning until the process is completely done.. Plus I still need to get a syringe or something too.

Thank you :thanks: @Emilya for posting/sharing those recipes/instruction , and taking the time to standardize/document the process for everyone.

Stay safe
Kodiak
:peace::Rasta:

Day 9 (I think)

Quick update
Girls are trucking along, colour is looking off. But I think they'll be ok for now. Its been cold and miserable here for a week now. Better weather is suppose to come. So well see when they get some good doses of vitamin sun.

20200421_133257.jpg

20200421_133303.jpg

20200421_133307.jpg

20200421_133314.jpg

Stay safe, stay home, stay high
:ganjamon:

Have you grown these strains before or first time? Just wondered as always good to hear how they were. The Gorilla Glue I chopped yesterday was the first time I've grown an auto, and I have to say I am really impressed, bigger than I was expecting. How's your experiences with outdoor autos been? :hookah:

Have you grown these strains before or first time? Just wondered as always good to hear how they were. The Gorilla Glue I chopped yesterday was the first time I've grown an auto, and I have to say I am really impressed, bigger than I was expecting. How's your experiences with outdoor autos been? :hookah:

Hey Stunger,
These three girls are are photoperiod fem purple kush, it is usually my go to strain, grows well (generally) in my climate. And I am familiar with it and love it.

Autos are the ones I like to experiment with. We are so limited here, when comes to strains and weather. The fast finishers and the autos will be guaranteed results, just not big yielders. I like them because it allows me to grow sativas or predominately sativas that otherwise would never finish fully.

I have only been using autos since last 6 years. I am old school so it took me a while to ever try them. A move across the country away from my what I knew best. They generally produce well for me.
Only draw back is I generally need to grow 4 autos to produce any close to as much as an photoperiod. You can see the dilemma :hmmmm:

:passitleft::volcano-smiley::blunt:

:hookah:
Hey Stunger,
These three girls are are photoperiod fem purple kush, it is usually my go to strain, grows well (generally) in my climate. And I am familiar with it and love it.

Autos are the ones I like to experiment with. We are so limited here, when comes to strains and weather. The fast finishers and the autos will be guaranteed results, just not big yielders. I like them because it allows me to grow sativas or predominately sativas that otherwise would never finish fully.

I have only been using autos since last 6 years. I am old school so it took me a while to ever try them. A move across the country away from my what I knew best. They generally produce well for me.
Only draw back is I generally need to grow 4 autos to produce any close to as much as an photoperiod. You can see the dilemma :hmmmm:

:passitleft::volcano-smiley::blunt:
Hey Kodiak, that's interesting, and interesting too what you say about getting the sativa result in an auto that otherwise as a photo would take too long to finish. I should look into that as well. Altho my solitary auto so far, the Gorilla Glue, was described as 50% sativa but I am yet to try any her buds! :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom