2020: Skip's 2-Tentin' Fast Strains: Fastberry, Skunk & Jack Herer

skipeye

Welcome to my 3rd grow!

It's been a really interesting last few months with quarantine and this year threw some curve balls at me for sure. I was definitely happy with my last grow. Had some amazing bud come out of it, with low-ish yields. That said, you learn and you learn, and you get better and better. My birthday fell around the same time this year as the stimulus check hit my account. I felt the need to expand on the thing that's brought me a lot of joy this last year - so I made some updates to my grow set-up and also bought another tent. After this, I will make another post showing off my upgraded setup.

Here's what I currently have growing
[Strain]
: 1 FastBud's Fastberry (2 x 2 tent), 1 Seedsman Fast-flowering Photoperiod Jack Herer, 1 Seedsman Fast-flowering Photoperiod OG Skunk #1
[Space]: Indoor grow: 1 - 2 x 2 x 4 tent, 1 - 3 x 3 tent
[Light]: 2 Mars Hydro SP-150's. I still have a 400w and 600w blurple LED's - may pull those back out in flower
[Medium]: Happy Frog soil with a heavy amount of perlite
[Nutrients]: Mega Crop
[Pots]: They have all started in solo cups. I will transplant the Fastberry into a 3 gallon fabric pot and the two photo's will get transplanted in a 5 gallon fabric pot.

This will be my first time:
1. Growing Fast Strains: I'm an impatient person, and I wanted to give some of these highly regarded strains.
2. Growing Autos: Well, technically, my first time growing ever was an auto. But I didn't know it was an auto until 5 weeks in.
3. Using these lights

I welcome all advice and suggestions, as always. Here's some plant photos. Setup photos to follow in a future post.

3 x 3 tent - Jack and Skunk (about 30 hours after planting)

IMG_2345.JPG

2 x 2 tent: Fastberry (about a week in)

IMG_2344.JPG

The Fastberry had some complications getting out of her shell at first...
IMG_2317.JPG

Tagging some usual suspects that may want to follow along: @Pennywise @Backlipslide @Grand Daddy Black @Preston9mm @Jack420

Now some of the equipment changes and pictures

6' iPower inline fan and 2 carbon filters
:
I installed a carbon filter in both tents and then used a 3-way connector to connect them to the fan. I currently have then running but only for a few hours at a time. I notice they suck up the humidity and heat from the tents quite easily. Also, this thing is hard as hell to mount to anything - any recommendations? Anyone successfully hung this fan somewhere outside their tent.

IMG_2348.JPG

Control Center:

I'm a tech geek at heart and love using and trying out new technology. I decided to buy a couple of these WiFi controlled outlets. I'm able to put them on a timer, and can also control them from anywhere by my phone. Don't worry - I'm also skeptical of new technology, so there is a back-up timer ready to go if anything fails.

IMG_2346.JPG
IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_DCB67A778443-1.jpeg

I also bought two bluetooth thermo/hydro meters. These babies can tell me in real time what the environment is like. They also alert me when the temps/humidity get out of my set range. With this, I can easily control the fan/heat/humidifier/de-humidifier without having to go home or go to my basement. Super helpful, as I had some humidity and heat issues with my last grow. These are going to help me REALLY dial in my environments.

IMG_28280171DC2F-1.jpeg

Let me know your thoughts!

Update: Here's the Fastberry. It's been about 10 days now since she was put in soil. At this rate, I'm going to start to feed her a bit more and look at her getting up-potted in about a week.
IMG_2367.JPG

And here's the Jack (on the left) and the skunk (on the right). This is day 6 for these younglings.
IMG_2368.JPG

duuuude the digitized setup is sick. i also just started up a 2 tent grow after the stim check, my first time growing autos as well. will follow along, happy growing
Thanks! Looks like our timing is pretty similar too. Be interesting to see where we're at come flower.

Loving the automated grow bro, making me want to look into it! I'm also looking to get another tent myself and I haven't even filled my 4x8 yet! Haha
Haha - use what you have first! Us growers are living an expensive hobby life.

Nice setup brother! I’m in! And you’re right we’re close to the same time. I am jealous of the tent set up tho. I’m looking forward to the day when I have enough resources and knowledge to do my own indoor grow.
I'm sure you have enough knowledge! This forum really helped me from the minute I planted my first germed seed.

Original Haze x Red Skunk.
It's the Seedsman version.
Nice! Mine's seedsman too, but it's the fast flowering photo they have.

Back
Top Bottom