2020 Vision

What a day to start something new! Jan 1st 2020. A new decade is upon us. New beginnings. So with that in mind, let’s get this new journal rolling!

2020 VISION

2020 vision represents clear sight. We are able to see what’s in front of us. We know where we’ve been and we can see the path ahead. But with cannabis, the path behind us that was paved by those that came before us is so important. The same with genetics. The gene pool has become “watered down” in a sense. I’m not saying that many of the new strains that come along aren’t fire. But I see the best ones have a strong connection to the past. The great strains of the past were great for a reason. They were building blocks for a reason. You still hear their names for a reason. So for me this will be a year of growth. With one eye on the past and one eye on the future. It only seems appropriate to balance this first grow of the year with a bit of the past and a bit of the future. Looking through the vault and narrowing down my choices to 4 seeds is no easy task at this point. I’m proud of my collection but it’s far larger than I ever imagined it would be. So how do I pick 4? Well, I definitely want to try my hand at breeding in the future, so I eliminated the Regs. I would rather be able to pop whole packs of those at once in hopes of an outstanding male. That’s just not where I’m at though with my grow space or with local law. So 4 it is. Fems it is.

There are 2 that stand out in my mind from the list that I think represent the past well...

PRE 98 BUBBA KUSH - CSI Humboldt
INDIANA BUBBLEGUM - Mosca Seeds

And 2 that represent some of that new new fire...

PUTANG - Mass Medical Strains
GG4 x BOPTANG - @Kitchenhawk

I will be growing in Doc Bud’s High Brix Blend.

I will grow 3 plants in 7gal plastic pots and 1 in a 15 gal plastic pot. Whichever one shows the most vigor early on gets the 15 gal pot. Let the race begin!:theband:

Of course I will be using the Quadline training method but I may try to modify it a little for a couple of these girls.....you know....for science. More on that to come.

Also, with one eye on the past, I’ll be looking to add some crystals to the garden this year. This practice goes back thousands of years. Can’t get much more past than that!:laughtwo: I’ll post some more about that shortly as well!

Gotta go drop some beans in some water!

With all that being said....The Smokin 20’s are here! Lets Roll!:rollit:

I’m here for the show!! I completely agree with you about the gene pool getting watered down. Can’t wait to see the Indiana Bubblegum, her and the Pre98 Bubba are true legends!!!

Dang! You guys are fast! Lol!
I’m here for the show!! I completely agree with you about the gene pool getting watered down. Can’t wait to see the Indiana Bubblegum, her and the Pre98 Bubba are true legends!!!
I'm in for this. Just gonna chill in the corner and watch the magic :)

Indiana Bubblegum S1 by Mosca Seeds!

038363D3-3766-41DE-9F2B-8DDB8AED4775.jpeg
63443E83-2562-4FA5-8E7D-90709D3A9272.jpeg
29C41769-C1F6-442D-BFAF-5A5CA81559D6.jpeg

The Indiana Bubblegum is an Indica dominant Hybrid. Indiana Bubblegum is truly a legendary experience. This old-school strain originating from Indiana has worked its way into folklore due to its mysterious origins. Some believe it is closely related to the Afghani landrace stain. Indiana to New England to Holland. If you want the real, find the Indiana. Effects are said to be Euphoric, Relaxed, and Creative. Good for depression, stress, and pain. Flavors of sweet, floral, berry. Straight up pink Bubblegum!!!

Pre 98’ Bubba Kush by CSI Humboldt

0D0586F5-A301-47E2-8A5D-A82D907D4998.jpeg
95FE2443-A716-4A6C-9CE6-174C050355D2.jpeg
132522F8-AA63-4CB2-80CF-5D3A29616126.jpeg

While there are various cuts of Bubba Kush currently available, Pre-98 Bubba Kush is considered as the cream of the crop. This is a visually striking flower. The mild, medium green color highlights flecks of dark purple that are subtly weaved through the bud. A glimmering frosting of trichomes rounds out the delightful Pre-98 Bubba Kush. This strain announces its arrival with a bold, full-bodied, musky odor. The distinctly pungent aroma features rich, earthy notes accented by a hint of citrus. Often described as a taste very similar to coffee, the kush flower offers a mature flavor profile. Herbal and earthy on the palate, this flavorful strain has a sticky-sweet conclusion. The strain provides the classic effects that you would expect from such an indica-heavy strain. A consistent body high affords deep relaxation, as well as pain relief, without rendering you unable to function. With long-lasting effects, Pre-98 Bubba Kush is exceptional at treating depression, anxiety, PTSD, bipolar disorder, ADHD, and insomnia.

PuTang S1 by Mass Medical Strains
4258F7D1-42C8-41A0-BF94-1A0AAEE0FE04.jpeg
07F7E50D-C2E3-442B-91AE-4B0B7F8FDF1E.jpeg
AA751E26-ED12-4F91-96AD-EF2F4D7BB151.jpeg

This is from breeders site:
PuTang (Tangie x Star Pupil) *Cup Winner!*
PuTang is a very special plant, one of our absolute best ever! The effect is super happy, with both a powerful uplifting mental high and a super euphoric body buzz. A strong uplifting sativa style effect, extremely mind opening and has done wonders for patients with extreme depression. This is a super special and sacred plant. Feedback we have gotten says that it has saved multiple lives and we couldn't be more humbled to be a part of that! Plants will smell mostly of orange/tangerine from our very special Tangie sativa mother, with some heavier notes and purple colors from the Pupil side mixed right in along with a grape candy undertone. Terpinolene will dominate the terpene profile with lots of Myrcene too, with over 1.7% total terpenes on our first test. Extremely flavorful and enjoyable. Plants have about 2-3x stretch and finish flowering in 8-9 weeks. Fast growing even in veg phase. Great for enhancing pleasure as your whole body will become extra sensitive to touch and feel great! Great for opening the mind and inspiring positive thoughts and feelings. Powerful anti-depressive effect, motivating, and euphoric. Extremely therapeutic. Great for love in all forms, universal and romantic.

This strain is one of our best outdoor performance with excellent resistance to mold and mildew.

1st Place Commonwealth Cannabis Cup 2019
HighTimes Magazine Top 10 Strains 2019

Flavor: Delicious sharp Orange Citrus with dank Candy Grape background.
Effect: Psychedelic, trippy and intense sativa, energetic. Greener phenos slightly more body high too.
Flower Time: 8-9 weeks
Yield: Medium to Heavy
Height: Medium-Tall
Thc: 23-27%

GG4 x Boptang by @Kitchenhawk

No pics of this girl yet because she’s hot off the presses. Hawk crosses his Boptang with @Grandpa Tokin’s cut of GG4 to make this unique hybrid. From the looks of Grandpa’s Glue and Hawks Boptang, I think we can pretty much assume she’s gonna be a frost monster. That’s what I’m hoping for from her anyway. Here’s a few pics of the parents!
7D30AF69-819F-4E83-B106-6D6CDFBDEC5D.jpeg
ECE59F4A-8F61-4A42-A183-9C73C0366DED.jpeg
571D85D1-FC1A-40BE-B5BF-4305174267DF.jpeg
0BB450DF-1D5F-4857-B086-13396D807662.jpeg

I may be a little slower, but still made page 1.

Good luck with this one!
Hey. Anybody that finds it before I even post about it is pretty quick in my book. Lol
Welcome everyone!!

I mentioned earlier that I will be using some crystals in the garden this round. I’ve seen some people grow some impressive plants with crystals present. So who am I to argue with ancient civilizations. Here is a brief rundown of the ones I have chosen for my garden.

Moss Agate
Probably the number one stone used amongst gardeners. This promotes grounding, connection to nature and helps bring out your green thumb. It is also known to bring vitality to your plant and helps you create a connection or bond with your green friends.

Moonstone
Well it goes without saying this has the energies of the moon, but moonstone is said to promote rest. Used by Native Americans, and considered a favorite, moonstone promotes restorative health. It is a symbol of fertility and will make happy plants.

Green Calcite
A stone ideal for a space that is too loud, this stone helps soothe anxious and stressed plants. Offering this lovely stone to your plants will result in a lush and happy garden.

Malachite
Used by the Egyptians, malachite is the stone of fertility and vegetation, so it makes sense to place this in the garden! This stone encourages growth and abundance in a strong supportive environment. An excellent stone if your garden is effected by EMF. If you have an electrical panel or tower near your garden your plants will suffer. Place a malachite stone to help protect them.

Clear Quartz
This stone is known as the master healer. Every holistic healer has this stone in their bag of tricks. A work horse for many things, clear quartz is not only a great general stone to promote vitality it also helps boost and power up other stones. If you don’t know where to start and the idea of putting rocks in your garden seems funny, start here. This one will do wonders and help you ease into healing stones.

Tiger’s Eye
The stone of courage and strength, tigers eye will foster root growth. Helps bring harmony to the garden and also helps maintain wealth.

Citrine
Citrine warms, cleanses, and energizes you and your garden. Highly protective, citrine makes a great tool for transmuting negative energy into positive energies. It is associated with the solar plexus and helps enhance your garden environment. It is also the merchants stone, giving you abundance in your life. If your garden falls in the back left corner of your home, place citrine there to bring vitality to your garden and finances!

Some of these will be in the pots with the plants and some may just be around the grow space. All of them were left outside during the last full moon to “charge”.

Back
Top Bottom