2021 Outdoor/GH: 2nd Time Growing!

sun virtually has no purpose other than photosynthesis
And heating up the ground so that seeds can germinate and plants can grow - try planting in permafrost :)
If thats the case then wicking would be extra beneficial to keep the water available for the plants to eventually use?
Wicking is what most plants are used to. Yeah, it might rain occasionally - but pulling moisture up from the water table is their bread and butter. A hempy bucket simply tries to model the groundwater/saturated zone (reservoir) and overlying unsaturated zone of a natural hydrologic/soil profile. Wicking does the rest.

Day 9

Watering tomorrow morning. Except the Sherb. She doesn't seem to be drinking at nearly the rate of the others.

They've been in the hot greenhouse the last couple days.

20210725_173708.jpg

Looks like a popup greenhouse - I had one too - maybe a bit bigger. What do you do for ventilation - leave the top of the door unzipped?
It has a big screen door but that's it. Not much ventilation. Gets 100+ easily. Temp was 85 this morning and 43% humidty. I usually like to take them out during the day and only put them in at night and during storms. Would like a bigger one eventually with room for more than just cannabis lol

Day 10 update

Even though the pots are nearly bone dry I am going to let them go another day without water unless they start wilting later today.

20210726_083036.jpg

Those clones appear to be putting out alternate nodes - so are pretty mature and should be entering bloom if you’re in the northern hemi. When do outdoors girls start flowering around you?

Last year my OG plant started pre flowering around August 18th. Do they mostly all flip the switch at the same time? I know there is a reaction to darkness, just forgetting the name...

That one was a Berry Bomb, but all my plants always bloom around the same time here.

This is very interesting! When I lived in CO (near Durango), my outdoor plants usually started stretching mid to late July and finished around mid to end of October (barely before the first snow).
If yours were just now showing preflowers (no stretch?), when did they finish?

That one was a Berry Bomb, but all my plants always bloom around the same time here.

This is very interesting! When I lived in CO (near Durango), my outdoor plants usually started stretching mid to late July and finished around mid to end of October (barely before the first snow).
If yours were just now showing preflowers (no stretch?), when did they finish?

Oh wow...yeah strange! I took it a bit earlier last year due to spider mites but it would have went to mid-late October if I let it...

Only say August 18th because that's when it really started stretching every day (according to pictures), but I'm also still a novice so it may have been earlier and never noticed.

Not seeing many preflowers yet on these. They have been getting supplemental lighting at night occasionally from my porch although I've stopped that recently.

Day 11
Not much difference other than Jazz Cabbage drinking way more than the others yesterday.

Defoliated a couple bottom leaves touching the soil this morning.

Hubba Bubba still kickin ass compared to the others. She had way more roots when I bought her in soil compared to the rockwool cubed Freeworld clones.

20210727_140616.jpg

20210727_142238.jpg

Back
Top Bottom