2021 Outside Grow Tent On The Deck Autos

RetiredRN

Hey @InTheShed @Virgin Ground @StoneOtter @Amy Gardner @copperrein @Bud Love @Grand Daddy Black and everyone jump in! Well, I Decided to make a new grow journal for just my autos that are now growing in my grow tent on my back deck. I thought I should keep it separate from my Geoflora grow that I have going with my photo period Godfather OG’s in the greenhouse. I’m really going to need some bud in 90 days so I could not play any longer with these autos in the greenhouse with supplemental lighting so now all the little darlings are in my big grow tent on my deck underneath an old deck umbrella that we did not use anymore. The grow tent itself is actually waterproof but I have a tarp that covers it and the deck umbrella and then on top of that I have a 70% shade cloth that keeps things cool for me. I’m on a 20 hour on for the lights and four hours off and four hours off are during the hottest part of the day. Right now it’s 86° out and my girls are with the lights off in the tent and the tent temperature is staying the same temperature as outside whereas with the lights on, I have about an 8° increase in temperature. They are thriving with all that extra lighting time. I’m going to be feeding them a little different than I am feeding my photo plants. We have about six rabbits so rabbit crap is in the abundance over at my place. I’m going to make some rabbit crap tea today and I will be feeding the autos some of that as a supplement in addition to my Foxfarm nutrients. I’m also adding a tablespoon of Epson salt to the mix. The autos that I have growing are 2 Northern lights and 3 gelato autos. I have two gelato autos that have not broke the surface yet because I just put them in the soil yesterday but I have a feeling that they will all end up at harvest about the same time.

D5DDA955-9F48-4B2F-AAE2-7B7472676D9D.jpeg

Just curious why you don't leave them outside in the sun during the day and move them into the tent for additional light hours at night? More lux, bigger buds, less electricity.

86ºF is no problem for an outside plant.
[/thats a good question. I will start that since they are right on the deck.

Go with the punches RRN! Nice!
Thanks. I’m just feeling much better about the grow now since I’m using my tent cause that’s what I’m used to.

Hey @InTheShed @Virgin Ground @StoneOtter @Amy Gardner @copperrein @Bud Love @Grand Daddy Black and everyone jump in! Well, I Decided to make a new grow journal for just my autos that are now growing in my grow tent on my back deck. I thought I should keep it separate from my Geoflora grow that I have going with my photo period Godfather OG’s in the greenhouse. I’m really going to need some bud in 90 days so I could not play any longer with these autos in the greenhouse with supplemental lighting so now all the little darlings are in my big grow tent on my deck underneath an old deck umbrella that we did not use anymore. The grow tent itself is actually waterproof but I have a tarp that covers it and the deck umbrella and then on top of that I have a 70% shade cloth that keeps things cool for me. I’m on a 20 hour on for the lights and four hours off and four hours off are during the hottest part of the day. Right now it’s 86° out and my girls are with the lights off in the tent and the tent temperature is staying the same temperature as outside whereas with the lights on, I have about an 8° increase in temperature. They are thriving with all that extra lighting time. I’m going to be feeding them a little different than I am feeding my photo plants. We have about six rabbits so rabbit crap is in the abundance over at my place. I’m going to make some rabbit crap tea today and I will be feeding the autos some of that as a supplement in addition to my Foxfarm nutrients. I’m also adding a tablespoon of Epson salt to the mix. The autos that I have growing are 2 Northern lights and 3 gelato autos. I have two gelato autos that have not broke the surface yet because I just put them in the soil yesterday but I have a feeling that they will all end up at harvest about the same time.

D5DDA955-9F48-4B2F-AAE2-7B7472676D9D.jpeg
Oooo..Thanks for the invite girl. I’m not much help:) but I can cheer you on a bit
I Love the decking, don’t suppose you’ve got a banjo and a rocking chair somewhere knocking about? :) They’d both look great next to some fine ass home grown bud :)
Peace an many buds to ya girl

Oooo..Thanks for the invite girl. I’m not much help:) but I can cheer you on a bit
I Love the decking, don’t suppose you’ve got a banjo and a rocking chair somewhere knocking about? :) They’d both look great next to some fine ass home grown bud :)
Peace an many buds to ya girl
Nope, no banjo or rocking chair lol! Hey, but I’m making it work! The things we do to grow our plants……. Cheering me on is great! I’m glad your here.

Shed gave you some good advice.
We should all feel lucky to have a Shed in our gardens. I know I do.

What are you going to do with your tent during bad weather? I could see a strong wind stealing your tent or damaging it pretty badly.
Do you have a garage you can tuck it into?

Shed gave you some good advice.
We should all feel lucky to have a Shed in our gardens. I know I do.

What are you going to do with your tent during bad weather? I could see a strong wind stealing your tent or damaging it pretty badly.
Do you have a garage you can tuck it into?
Yes, I’m greatful for everyones help. I put my auto girls in the sun for only an hour and my oldest one got sun burn, poor thing. I think they will all stay in the tent till harvest. I have a large brick weighting down the tent, it’s definitely not going anywhere. The old building we have is completely full with my husband’s stuff so my stuff and his stuff doesn’t get along with each other so I kept my stuff separate which saves on all the complaining.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'd still be wary of the poles bending in high winds. If I can push a tent over with a good heave, so can the wind.
Camping tents are made to flex in the wind but even those aren't created equally. They have tents rated for high winds.
Grow tents, not so much. I don't like the thought of electricity and water mixing either. They aren't fully waterproof. UV from the sun will eventually damage it as well. It will bleach and weaken the fabric.

You do have shade cloth. You can use it to transition your plants to full sun. Your plant should recover from the sunburn pretty fast especially if you are feeding rabbit poo stew. She may lose the damaged leaves later on but by then she will have a bunch to replace them.

I'd still be wary of the poles bending in high winds. If I can push a tent over with a good heave, so can the wind.
Camping tents are made to flex in the wind but even those aren't created equally. They have tents rated for high winds.
Grow tents, not so much. I don't like the thought of electricity and water mixing either. They aren't fully waterproof. UV from the sun will eventually damage it as well. It will bleach and weaken the fabric.

You do have shade cloth. You can use it to transition your plants to full sun. Your plant should recover from the sunburn pretty fast especially if you are feeding rabbit poo stew. She may lose the damaged leaves later on but by then she will have a bunch to replace them.
I have to make this deck thing work, I have no other choices at this point. I just have to get along best I can and hope for the best. I will probably anchor the tent further with some rope or something. There won’t be any water coming in from the top because it’s completely covered by a tarp then shade cloth over that all secured to the umbrella . My dad taught me to work with what I have and damn there anything can be fixed with some duck tape and rope was his thoughts. It’s not perfect by no means but if it gets me some bud to smoke I’m happy.

I have to make this deck thing work, I have no other choices at this point. I just have to get along best I can and hope for the best. I will probably anchor the tent further with some rope or something. There won’t be any water coming in from the top because it’s completely covered by a tarp then shade cloth over that all secured to the umbrella . My dad taught me to work with what I have and damn there anything can be fixed with some duck tape and rope was his thoughts. It’s not perfect by no means but if it gets me some bud to smoke I’m happy.
Right on.

Just want you to be fully prepared.

Back
Top Bottom