2046 : Chimp vs. Sativa

So far I haven't made it past the eleventh round with these exotic Sativas; I almost made it to the end, but the Golden Tiger grow I tried would have none of it. Looking back in retrospect, a gallon of dirt per plant wasn't a very good idea. Neville's Haze tossed me into the fifth row seats in round eight of a sixteen and a half round fight, and its clone did the same. I think I've learned a few things but I've got a long way to go. I'm doing a Medical Seeds "2046", Greenhouse Seed Company "Arjan's Ultra Haze #1", Humboldt Seed Organization "Sour Diesel #2", Sagarmatha Seeds "Boulder Bubblegum", Dutch Passion "Blueberry", and Soma Seeds "Free Tibet".
Left side:
DSCN08915.JPG

Right side:
DSCN08934.JPG

:peace:

This Free Tibet is the closest to harvest.....

DSCN08925.JPG

I tossed three Indicas in here due to backups in my other grow units, so it's not an all Sativa grow. I'm using a Phantom 600 watt dimmable ballast with an Eye Hortilux bulb. My medium is SSM#8 and I'm using RO water and Advanced Nutrients Iguana (organic schedule) with Nirvana. When I get a chance I'll take pics of each individual plant. The Blueberry is looking really nice.

This grow tent is about 5 sq.' and has a 250-400 watt switchable Lumatek digital ballast with an air-cooled reflector in it. This is a Satori grow regular seeds in SSM#8 using FF nutes. The plant in the middle is a Veneno whose grow pot temp measured out at 48 degrees about a week ago.

05252.JPG

This is the 6 sq.' cellar I used. The light is the exact one as the previous unit I detailed. In this unit (a converted cellar) night temps get cold, so I put in a seed starter mat last year which helped. Setting it on a timer for 15 minutes on/15 minutes off may have burnt it out. The other Indica dominant plants in the room did better, but this one after two feedings started looking bad when I noticed the problem. I'm saving enough by switching to digital ballasts to spring for the extra wattage, so I put a new mat in the room and set it for 12 on when the lights go off. This Pre-98 Bubba BX2 held up to the cold better; even though the old leaves look nutrient deficient, the new ones are coming out slightly nitrogen burnt now that the roots are warming up enough to actually function again.

05441.JPG

05734.JPG

I think the remedy worked, because I put these Nirvana Ice clones in with a few Ken's GDP clones about a week ago and they are growing normal. There are a few small Big Buddha Seeds Cheese clones in there too.

05536.JPG

05347.JPG

There isn't much to show in my starter unit but a Y Griega reveg and a few assorted clones. I'll be doing these multiple grows as continuals out of the three separate units fed by it. I'm using a 125 watt blue spectrum CFL in it (20/4), but may switch to a 200 watt in the future.

Smokin' like a Navajo Chief on this end.....

ok I am here so wich one is the 2046? :)

Here's those pics, fish cake.
Medical Seeds - 2046 (see what I mean about how it doesn't look like a haze?)

05832.JPG

This one does, though.
Greenhouse Seed Company - Arjan's Ultra Haze #1

06422.JPG

My favorite so far.
Dutch Passion - Blueberry

06134.JPG

Sagarmatha Seeds - Boulder Bubblegum

06025.JPG

Humboldt Seed Organisation - Sour Diesel #2 (maturing sooner than I thought a diesel hybrid would)

06516.JPG

Soma Seeds - Free Tibet (this thing smells good as Hell)

06225.JPG

Well they're all in need of nutes and a bit of defoliating, so I better get my primate behind to it. Man, that Arjan's plant eats.....

Well the bad news is that the Dutch Passion Blueberry hermied. Two weeks early it started showing about 50% browned hairs and I figured something was wrong. I looked last night, and sure enough a bright spot under the yellow light. When I pulled it and inspected under a fluorescent light I saw two male flowers. I put it in the dark after I pulled the shade leaves off.....

0031076.JPG

I'll dry it, grind it, freeze it, and toss it up in the kief tumbler. It happens. I had to chop a few branches off the 2046 because of it, too. I'll see how bad the pollen spread in the weeks to come. Here's pics of the rest of my chit, mon.

Grand Daddy Purple, Cheese, and Ice Clones with a Pre-'98 Bubba BX2 in the middle.

0041001.JPG

A close-up of the Pre-'98 BX2 from Cali Connection.

006820.JPG

A little bit tight on the node spacing. These Grand Daddy Purples mold easy in my grow units too, so I better thin these out some.

007774.JPG

And finally my Satori regular seed grow. That one has a node spacing that's 4" from the one underneath node.....

009644.JPG

A few of them are like that and may be male so I may get lucky and not get too many females like I did with my Golden Tiger grow. I'll kill any more than four this time if I do; I need to end the overcrowded grow conditions. I'll get a pic up of the rest of the pollenated Blueberry grow later.

I had two minor incidents prior to this with a Reserva Privada and a Riot Genetics in different grows. The Riot Genetics hermied on its own early in flower so I saw the male parts clearly enough to keep it from being too bad. The Reserva Privada did it near the end and didn't put out too many male parts or do too much damage either. The 2046 in this grow is browning up more, so I think there was a bit more damage. Here's a pic anyway.

011513.JPG

wow that sucks about the hermi, at least you might get some hybrid seeds off the 2046 though I hope not. that is unless you want some for a special somethin somethin. that said your girls look awsome:)
it is strange how those leaves are so fat for a haze or any sativa. love your grow brother reps commin at ya

wow that sucks about the hermi, at least you might get some hybrid seeds off the 2046 though I hope not. that is unless you want some for a special somethin somethin. that said your girls look awsome:)
it is strange how those leaves are so fat for a haze or any sativa. love your grow brother reps commin at ya

Thanks for the reps, fish cake. I do plan on doing a little breeding project in the future, but I want to start off with genetically stable parents, not the candy store fluff the seedbanks sell us. That junk could go in a million different directions breedingwise due to the fact that it is sold "protected".

Here's a few updated pics of the plants. These are the 10 Satori plants (with a few Golden Tiger clones)

0011134.JPG

This is the Pre-'98 Bubba BX2 (along with 2 Grand Daddy Purple, 2 Ice, 2 Golden Tiger, 4 Cheese, and 1 Exodus Cheese clones)

0021137.JPG

A Pre-'98 close-up.

0031078.JPG

One of the GDPs is showing hairs.

006822.JPG

Lotsa nugs up in here.....

0041003.JPG

005954.JPG

This Ice clone is coming on strong too.

007776.JPG

And here's the beat up Veneno, the Sour Diesel #2, Boulder Bubblegum, Free Tibet, 2046, and Arjan's Ultra Haze #1.

010606.JPG

Ima be 'mokin' like a mad chimp..... :headbanger:

011515.JPG

Note : All of the Pre-'98 grouping were fed Advanced Nutrients Iguana "Bloom" at full dose with Nirvana and Flora Nectar Fruit-n-Fusion yesterday. Also the Satori grouping were given RO water with CalMag (the breeder mentions that all of their strains require little feeding and I am going to attempt to grow these accordingly), and the 2046 grouping were all fed AN Iguana "Bloom" with Nirvana and Hi-Brix. From what I've read about the slow growth, slow flowering, and low yield of the original Pre-'98 Bubba, I think this BX2 may have a lot of the genetics.

I'll tag along! Shame on the Blueberry.

Thanks and welcome! Yeah, the Dutch Passion Blueberry got chopped early yesterday. I flushed it out with Flora-Nectar Fruit-n-Fusion about 30 minutes prior to chop (as a flavor experiment). I might try my new kief tumbler on it.
You probably won't hear too many growers say this after getting a hermie, but I'd grow this strain again in a second. Excellent plant structure, shame on me for not topping it and getting the max out of yield, but the leaves reached upward like Skittle-catching hands. Change from one stage of growth to another was steady, and in each stage of growth the progress was consistent. If I missed a beat, it didn't. And they hit the smell on the head with this pheno.

I'm doing Arjan's Ultra Haze #1 so I'll have to visit your journal when I get a few minutes.

A few close-up pics. Here's the Pre-'98 Bubba BX2.

006825.JPG

I like how the leaf margins frost up on some strains like this (Nirvana - Ice)

007781.JPG

0031086.JPG

Here's a pic of all of them.

0011142.JPG

I'll get up a pic of the main part of this grow later tonight. It looks a little better now that I thinned the leaves out a bit on most of them. I'll thin the Haze later; I just transplanted it to a 5 gallon pot with Roots Organic soil and I want to give its finicky a$$ some time to whine about it a little. :)

As tedious of a job as I thought the thinning out process was going to be, I heard a mellow soft rhythm in the background on my radio; an old song we take for granted like an old road we know is always going to be there and yet I sat there and thought about it and realized I never really appreciated music in its entirety until I got older. I kind of hypnotically blended in with the mellow sounds and the plants and my thoughts and it all felt right and the next thing I know I finished the job and enjoyed doing it a lot.

Sundown, you better take care if I find you been creepin' 'round my back stair.....

Sometimes a chimp gets a grin when his stash box is bulgin' and it's chop time again.....*

*(Hope I don't get hit with a cease and desist order from the attorneys of Gordon Lightfoot's estate for that)

Hey Potchimp!!! your garden is looking fantastic... I'm running some Pre98 bubba's as well, (about day 34 flowering) and as you mentioned in your previous post, they are definitely slow growers. I vegged them for 2 months and they are very bushy, but still only managed to grow about 18" tall after the stretch vs my OG and bluedream which are near 3 1/2 feet tall.... A very slow grower, but potent med :) love the photo of the gorilla arm and roor.!!!! I love my roor double perk!!

Thanks and welcome! Yeah, the Dutch Passion Blueberry got chopped early yesterday. I flushed it out with Flora-Nectar Fruit-n-Fusion about 30 minutes prior to chop (as a flavor experiment). I might try my new kief tumbler on it.
You probably won't hear too many growers say this after getting a hermie, but I'd grow this strain again in a second. Excellent plant structure, shame on me for not topping it and getting the max out of yield, but the leaves reached upward like Skittle-catching hands. Change from one stage of growth to another was steady, and in each stage of growth the progress was consistent. If I missed a beat, it didn't. And they hit the smell on the head with this pheno.

I'm doing Arjan's Ultra Haze #1 so I'll have to visit your journal when I get a few minutes.

Sweet, I'm thinking of maybe doing one Blueberry and one Skunk #1 next round.

Arjan's Ultra Haze #1 is like a proper tall sativa. Arjans Haze #3 is like the ugly duckling of the family. Hardly any visible sativa traits at all, short, bushy, branchy.

the-ugly-duckling_1_.jpg

But still a lovely plant! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom