2046 : Chimp vs. Sativa

TD still holds the #1 spot in my book after 2 years+ of this.....

Ah, so you liked your TD! Even the stretchy pheno? There's a lot of talk about wispy disappointing buddage. I don't mind dealing with the height and growth rate - I've already decided to Uncle Ben it. I just want some decent buds when it finishes. Steppenwolf even grew his in high brix and he liked the smoke, but it was wispy and weak.

Ah, so you liked your TD! Even the stretchy pheno? There's a lot of talk about wispy disappointing buddage. I don't mind dealing with the height and growth rate - I've already decided to Uncle Ben it. I just want some decent buds when it finishes. Steppenwolf even grew his in high brix and he liked the smoke, but it was wispy and weak.

I purchased and grew from the first restocking of TD after the first initial sellout (when it won the Cup). Those buds grew pretty solid. This next seed I will be doing soon is from the next restocking after the second sellout, and I'm hoping they bred out the wispy bud and the going forever without flowering traits I've read people complaining about.

Where the hell are my plants?

This ain't them :)
Nirvana - Ice clone:

014536.JPG
015479.JPG

Big Buddha Seeds - Blue Cheese clone:

016441.JPG

I'll be taking pics and chopping the first Old Timers Haze soon; it looks like Hell but it'll smoke..... :tokin:

:peace:

Ooooo, pretty pictures! I've overlooked those - Ice and Blue Cheese - very nice, the Cheese especially!

I hope the Old Timers is worth it. I've been losing my eagerness to run pure sativas after this Hawaiian Snow, and it's a well-behaved one.

This ain't them :)
Nirvana - Ice clone:

Big Buddha Seeds - Blue Cheese clone:

I'll be taking pics and chopping the first Old Timers Haze soon; it looks like Hell but it'll smoke..... :tokin:

AHHH HAAAA! ... wait your right, those are your beautiful plants, :hmmmm:

Foxtails on that blue cheese are awesome!

AHHH HAAAA! ... wait your right, those are your beautiful plants, :hmmmm:

Foxtails on that blue cheese are awesome!

I can tell by looking at the Ice clones that I put them into flower too soon after reveg, and I'm wondering if the Blue Cheese nugs are almost 100% foxtails for the same reason. This next BC clone (from the same mother) looks different; you'll see.

Didn't last too long, did it KingJohnC? :)
Here's my was-good-but-overcrowded-again grow (Blue Cheese on the left, 2 Ice and a Blue Cheese in the middle, and a Free Tibet and GDP on the right):

0021525.JPG

This Blue Cheese had time to veg out some, and it's growing normally (hairs mostly, and no early foxtails). See what I mean about the difference, Buckshot?

0061127.JPG

Assorted close-up nug pics:

0031458.JPG
0041369.JPG
0051300.JPG

A few battered clones and reveg plants from my start unit:

008978.JPG
0071067.JPG

Gotta finish this doob talk to everybody later.....

Thanks for the respect BID, but you can line up with the rest of the growing community and pelt the chimp with rotten mangoes on this one. :)
At one day shy of 23 weeks since I saw hairs, the first Old Timers Haze couldn't hold out any longer. Nothing happened to it besides it couldn't live any longer. But it was a total wreck as far as yield and technique goes. Here's a pic:

0011532.JPG

It harvested with a dry weight of 1.7 oz. I have it dried all the way to kief up, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that or extract it. I smoked a doob out of it and because of the plant being a disaster it was only good pot (and not great pot; I can feel the headbuzz potential with it). On the other hand, this one>>>>>

0021528.JPG

..... is still going and looks like it could go another month. :)
I'm going to trim some of it out and take a good look at the rest, at which time I'll make a grower's decision whether to kill it or not. When it's done, I'll post a last note on what I would do different as an amateur if I did this one again. When legalization happens and outside growing is the law of the land expect to see the chimp going at this one again. I may consider doing it again if I grow from a room in the future as opposed to a closet or tent. So in short, as I put on fish cake's journal: Chimp vs. Sativa>>>>>

001_Painting_bakMA27474324-0001.JPG

You are very talented (in many ways but in this case I mean drawing)... as usual I crack up when I come here, the pot leaf :cheesygrinsmiley:

Rock on
:allgood:
Potchimp

Ima take a cutting and off this thing. Or tackle setting a world record for the longest flowering pot plant, one..... :(

take a cutting? :cheesygrinsmiley: cut that girl in half!!!

Note : Last 2 chops - wet weight of 2 Ice clones 5.3 oz., wet weight of 1 Blue Cheese clone 7.7 oz.
I may have mislabeled a clone; it looks just like the GSC I've been doing but I have it labeled as a Blue Cheese. I revegged the BC clone I just took in case I'm right. I'll break a leaf and smell it later. I am going to off the Old Timers Haze as soon as I get a chance. I might take a clone but I'm not sure. I'd have to treat it like a hedge if I did. I need to get other things going, though.....

Post more pics soon :peace:

Back
Top Bottom