Closeups of the frosty, dipped in sugar, candy coated, cool confection.

Attachments

• BD3E5D74-FF1D-41AB-A21F-E9D81525EF44.png
    BD3E5D74-FF1D-41AB-A21F-E9D81525EF44.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
  • AB9884AB-C296-4375-A925-5ECB69DDCE52.png
    AB9884AB-C296-4375-A925-5ECB69DDCE52.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
Hey man! Wow amazing story. Im a fair bit younger but have had my knees in the dirt with family growers since i was about 10 lol. I myself am attempting to source some pure genetics. I enjoy growing everything and the new strains do have their place in my garden but my heart lies in the old school 100%. These genetics do need to be preserved n im in the process of sourcing some for my own lockbox which i shall be burying six feet deep for my future generations lol.
Im not gonna lie after the first 5 posts i started taking broadstrokes but im here and watching bud. A shame more people havent joined you :s strange but hey im here :thumb:

Hey man! Wow amazing story. Im a fair bit younger but have had my knees in the dirt with family growers since i was about 10 lol. I myself am attempting to source some pure genetics. I enjoy growing everything and the new strains do have their place in my garden but my heart lies in the old school 100%. These genetics do need to be preserved n im in the process of sourcing some for my own lockbox which i shall be burying six feet deep for my future generations lol.
Im not gonna lie after the first 5 posts i started taking broadstrokes but im here and watching bud. A shame more people havent joined you :s strange but hey im here :thumb:
I’m certainly amazed with anyone who waded through my ramblings. I appreciate your response. I can see that you understand where I’m coming from......and that, my friend, is a very good thing.

I’m certainly amazed with anyone who waded through my ramblings. I appreciate your response. I can see that you understand where I’m coming from......and that, my friend, is a very good thing.
Yer im right there with ya mate. Wanna see a couple girls i got going?

Thank you my friend. Glad i bumped into someone like you here, Hope you stick about. Seems you are content journaling for yourself but if you would like some more foot traffic id suggest having a poke around the site at some other peoples journals. Also putting a link to this thread in your signature wouldnt hurt, that way when you comment on someone elses post they can see the link to your journal right below.
I shall be watching contently. You have plans to run anything else? Any other little gems tucked up ya sleeve?

Thank you my friend. Glad i bumped into someone like you here, Hope you stick about. Seems you are content journaling for yourself but if you would like some more foot traffic id suggest having a poke around the site at some other peoples journals. Also putting a link to this thread in your signature wouldnt hurt, that way when you comment on someone elses post they can see the link to your journal right below.
I shall be watching contently. You have plans to run anything else? Any other little gems tucked up ya sleeve?
Thanks for the tips Bilbo. I’ll get around to posting a link to this journal one of these days for sure. I’m so new to this site that I’m still learning the protocols.
As far as my next attempt.... I have some amazing Bogglegum that is fun to grow. I just seeded a Bogglegum Mom with this NL5XSK1, so I’m curious about how that cross would come out. Might try that next. I also have some beans I bought in ‘14 which include DJ Shorts original blueberry, Jack the Ripper, Durban poison , super silver Haze. So I have choices to make.

Thanks for the tips Bilbo. I’ll get around to posting a link to this journal one of these days for sure. I’m so new to this site that I’m still learning the protocols.
As far as my next attempt.... I have some amazing Bogglegum that is fun to grow. I just seeded a Bogglegum Mom with this NL5XSK1, so I’m curious about how that cross would come out. Might try that next. I also have some beans I bought in ‘14 which include DJ Shorts original blueberry, Jack the Ripper, Durban poison , super silver Haze. So I have choices to make.
Super silver haze is on my top 10 list 100%.
Not heard of bogglegum i assume from the name though its a variant of the obvious. That should be a sweet and punky specimen for sure. Bet the yields gonna be unreal aswell. Fair to say the bogglegum may tighten up the nugs a bit ya reckon?. Definitely eager to see what you drop. @Preston9mm and @Pennywise would appreciate these strains aswell i reckon.

Super silver haze is on my top 10 list 100%.
Not heard of bogglegum i assume from the name though its a variant of the obvious. That should be a sweet and punky specimen for sure. Bet the yields gonna be unreal aswell. Fair to say the bogglegum may tighten up the nugs a bit ya reckon?. Definitely eager to see what you drop. @Preston9mm and @Pennywise would appreciate these strains aswell i reckon.
I recently found out that Bogglegum is kind of an obscure breed. It’s a hybrid cross of bubblegum and northern lights. The breeder’s name was BOG, an acronym for Bushy Old Grower. He was apparently a skilled breeder but he dropped off the radar in the early 2000’s. The guy had some wicked breeds though. Bog is Definitely google worthy when you have some spare time.

I recently found out that Bogglegum is kind of an obscure breed. It’s a hybrid cross of bubblegum and northern lights. The breeder’s name was BOG, an acronym for Bushy Old Grower. He was apparently a skilled breeder but he dropped off the radar in the early 2000’s. The guy had some wicked breeds though. Bog is Definitely google worthy when you have some spare time.
See i knew you were a guy to have about! Lol. Yer ill look into him mate definitely. Any other breeders you reccomend for old school ish that may still be knocking about?.

See i knew you were a guy to have about! Lol. Yer ill look into him mate definitely. Any other breeders you reccomend for old school ish that may still be knocking about?.
I wish I had more info on some old breeders. I really appreciate their craft though. Big difference between a breeder and a seed supplier of course. It seems there are more seed suppliers and copy cats than there are talented breeders these days.

The only other old school seeds I have tucked away are from Breeder Steve of Spice of Life seeds. Way back in the early 2000’s, Breeder Steve offered a “variety pack”..... he offered all his obscure breeds that he pollinated with his best Sweet-tooth male. Shiskaberry, Strawberry Blonde and a few others of his old school breeds. It was a grab bag offer, so I ordered ten seeds. They sit in cold storage, awaiting resurrection. Those genes should prove interesting and very different from today’s polyhybrid mix-ups. Again, I’m not not knocking modern breeds, I just see a marked difference from old school vs new breed lines.

Apparently, Breeder Steve got rid of Strawberry Blonde because it was a paranoia inducing strain. You smoked it and fear settled down upon upon you, like the grim reaper. Sounds like my kind of weed actually. I like the overpowering stuff sometimes. I think what I enjoy about it is returning to normalville after a good freakout...... but I digress. I’m looking forward to popping those old Spice of Life seeds. Surprises surely await.

I wish I had more info on some old breeders. I really appreciate their craft though. Big difference between a breeder and a seed supplier of course. It seems there are more seed suppliers and copy cats than there are talented breeders these days.

The only other old school seeds I have tucked away are from Breeder Steve of Spice of Life seeds. Way back in the early 2000’s, Breeder Steve offered a “variety pack”..... he offered all his obscure breeds that he pollinated with his best Sweet-tooth male. Shiskaberry, Strawberry Blonde and a few others of his old school breeds. It was a grab bag offer, so I ordered ten seeds. They sit in cold storage, awaiting resurrection. Those genes should prove interesting and very different from today’s polyhybrid mix-ups. Again, I’m not not knocking modern breeds, I just see a marked difference from old school vs new breed lines.

Apparently, Breeder Steve got rid of Strawberry Blonde because it was a paranoia inducing strain. You smoked it and fear settled down upon upon you, like the grim reaper. Sounds like my kind of weed actually. I like the overpowering stuff sometimes. I think what I enjoy about it is returning to normalville after a good freakout...... but I digress. I’m looking forward to popping those old Spice of Life seeds. Surprises surely await.
I aint big on full on sativas. Far too racy for me. When i get in one of them moods and need a joint to calm down... na i wanna kill people it makes me feel like im physocally on fire lol. That strawberry blonde sounds like one for me to steer well clear of... the others however sound very interesting!

Captain’s Log, stardate 6 weeks. Things aren’t perfect, but I’m pleased with the current progress with the girls. I say things aren’t perfect because I have room for improvement. My biggest detriment is water PH. Here’s my dilemma. I feed the girls on the weekend with perfect PH adjusted organic tea. But during the week, I am away on the road. The plants are watered remotely using my smartphone. Activating a water pump that’s plugged into a smart plug. The pump is a 300 GPM submersible, placed into an 18 gallon Rubbermaid storage bin. Pump feeds 12- 2gph drippers. System works great. Problem is, my well water. It’s perfect 6.8 ph out of the tap, but because of the minerals/hardness, the ph tends to buffer upwards toward the mid 8’s as the water sits in the reservoir. No amount of vinegar will keep it stable. I know I can purchase bottled water but I don’t want to lug that supply around. I’ll eventually invest in a RO system.
So the plants are having to deal with less than ideal ph for one watering per week. Im looking forward to perfecting the water sweetness and quality.

Back
Top Bottom