21 Gallon Hempy: Platinum x Purple Punch, Sticky Glue, Fruity Pebbles x Alien OG, Chunky Skunk, Blue Venom

drought.jpg

Day 4 with no water. Gave the Platinum Punch, and Dolato, each a half gallon of rescue water with an bud candy, tarantula, piranha ( platinum is closest to the fan so she loses water fastest and her leaves were all pointed towards the floor, and Dolato is in a container 1/5 the size of her sisters) going to give them all a ~1/2 gallon feeding tomorrow.

Started the banana tea for our final weeks 'flush' out. Have to remember to buy a few bags of ice for frost simulation.

Getting closer!!! The trichome blankets are so thick! Hey so I have a question for you - banana tea? Could you please expound?
Sure thing! Its part of my kooky color/flavour chasing. The last 1-3 weeks I feed only banana tea.

You take banana peels and put them in water in a jar, put a lid on it and let it chill out on a shelf for about a week. When the liquid is brown and bubbling it's ready to use. Feed 1 cup of tea per gallon of water.

It's loaded with potassium and phosphorous, as well as other beneficial microorganisms.

I think of it as a nitrogen free finishing agent. Anecdotally in my experience I've gotten a nice controlled senescence, and increase in smell/flavour using it.

I've been struggling with high temps for the last few weeks and was convinced my ac was broken. Last night I found a big tear in the ac exhaust duct! :rofl:! No wonder the ac was warming the tent (facepalm).

Fixed it, and temps are back in range. Hopefully I didn't lose too many terps to 88F temps.

My target range for late flower is 75-80F lights on, 60F lights off. Above 81F terpenes get volatile and you start losing them out the exhaust. 60 is 15 degrees difference from daytime, which will trigger the chlorophyll/anthocyanin transition.

Sure thing! Its part of my kooky color/flavour chasing. The last 1-3 weeks I feed only banana tea.

You take banana peels and put them in water in a jar, put a lid on it and let it chill out on a shelf for about a week. When the liquid is brown and bubbling it's ready to use. Feed 1 cup of tea per gallon of water.

It's loaded with potassium and phosphorous, as well as other beneficial microorganisms.

I think of it as a nitrogen free finishing agent. Anecdotally in my experience I've gotten a nice controlled senescence, and increase in smell/flavour using it.
Wow! Thanks! That’s so easy! I assume if it’s bubbling in the jar the jar must be well sealed, right? And did you mean that’s the ONLY feed you give them in the last 1-3 weeks, ie, you would discontinue all other feeding you may be doing? Also how do you determine whether it’s 1, 2 or 3 weeks of it? Finally, if I tried this would it work in coco? I’d have to add cal mag but that’s it. Ph to 5.8 and try it? Sorry to pepper you, this is super interesting and I can feel in my savant part that I need to use it. Thanks again!

Wow! Thanks! That’s so easy! I assume if it’s bubbling in the jar the jar must be well sealed, right? And did you mean that’s the ONLY feed you give them in the last 1-3 weeks, ie, you would discontinue all other feeding you may be doing? Also how do you determine whether it’s 1, 2 or 3 weeks of it? Finally, if I tried this would it work in coco? I’d have to add cal mag but that’s it. Ph to 5.8 and try it? Sorry to pepper you, this is super interesting and I can feel in my savant part that I need to use it. Thanks again!
No worries bruv.

Yes, this is the ONLY feed they get @ ph 5.8. Jar is sealed tight when not in use.

I switch to this feed after the drought, at the first signs of trichome maturation. In my most recent trichome check we are starting to see some amber/cloudy trichomes. The buds look plenty swollen and the pistils are mostly orange/red.

These signs let me know that the plants have 1-3 weeks left before I harvest them, so I switch to the finishing feed. Then continue with just banana tea until harvest, whether that be 1 week or 3.

If doing this in coco you could add a little sulfured molasses and a touch of silica (in the form of mono sicilic acid, not potassium silica) to the mix as well. These will give you an extra boost of vitamins/sulfur/silica (building blocks of Terpenes and Trichomes), and a sugar boost for any bennies/mychos your running.

My opinion is that at this late stage I'm willing to take a potential 1-3% hit in total harvest weight (by denying the plant nitrogen and other nutrients) for a boost in smell/flavour. At the end of flower I've found this regimen to be the second most impactful on getting a top shelf end product after temperature/humidity.

No worries bruv.

Yes, this is the ONLY feed they get @ ph 5.8. Jar is sealed tight when not in use.

I switch to this feed after the drought, at the first signs of trichome maturation. In my most recent trichome check we are starting to see some amber/cloudy trichomes. The buds look plenty swollen and the pistils are mostly orange/red.

These signs let me know that the plants have 1-3 weeks left before I harvest them, so I switch to the finishing feed. Then continue with just banana tea until harvest, whether that be 1 week or 3.

If doing this in coco you could add a little sulfured molasses and a touch of silica (in the form of mono sicilic acid, not potassium silica) to the mix as well. These will give you an extra boost of vitamins/sulfur/silica (building blocks of Terpenes and Trichomes), and a sugar boost for any bennies/mychos your running.

My opinion is that at this late stage I'm willing to take a potential 1-3% hit in total harvest weight (by denying the plant nitrogen and other nutrients) for a boost in smell/flavour. At the end of flower I've found this regimen to be the second most impactful on getting a top shelf end product after temperature/humidity.
Thanks so much. That tells me all I need to know. Thanks! Fascinating.

greazy.jpg

Officially ended the drought this morning. Leaves are looking a little worse for wear, but the flower looks awesome/greasy and the smell in the tent has shifted from sort of a dead animal funk to something a lot gassier and fruitier. I don't think 5 gallon hempys can make it past a 6-7 day drought without harming the flower.

Maybe with some new tech like salty water to restrict nutrient uptake they could be pushed longer... I'll leave that development up to those with more time and space to spare.

greazy.jpg

Officially ended the drought this morning. Leaves are looking a little worse for wear, but the flower looks awesome/greasy and the smell in the tent has shifted from sort of a dead animal funk to something a lot gassier and fruitier. I don't think 5 gallon hempys can make it past a 6-7 day drought without harming the flower.

Maybe with some new tech like salty water to restrict nutrient uptake they could be pushed longer... I'll leave that development up to those with more time and space to spare.
Awesome work. Greasy is good. They don’t look too worse for wear at all! I’m a bit surprised actually. Thought it’d be worse. Awesome. Happy 4th!

Awesome work. Greasy is good. They don’t look too worse for wear at all! I’m a bit surprised actually. Thought it’d be worse. Awesome. Happy 4th!
Thanks brother, and thanks for following along and chatting me up! Happy 4th to you as well! I hope you have an epic day.

Totally stoked about the Banana Tea recipe. Appreciate you sharing bro.

Im in promix hp, using salts. Should be able to harvest my girls in a couple of weeks.
Any heads up on that braddah? Good to go?
Told the wife we need to go shopping to buy more bananas this week..lol.
Also, can you use the whole banana instead of the peel since im not using a carbohydrate?

Totally stoked about the Banana Tea recipe. Appreciate you sharing bro.

Im in promix hp, using salts. Should be able to harvest my girls in a couple of weeks.
Any heads up on that braddah? Good to go?
Told the wife we need to go shopping to buy more bananas this week..lol.
Also, can you use the whole banana instead of the peel since im not using a carbohydrate?
Hope it works for you like it has for me! My initial thought is that the banana itself is too soft and will get sludgy... But I'll look into it when I get a minute. Your grows looked awesome! You liking that bodhi?

Hope it works for you like it has for me! My initial thought is that the banana itself is too soft and will get sludgy... But I'll look into it when I get a minute. Your grows looked awesome! You liking that bodhi?
Thanks Man,

Yes, Im loving the Wookie Orgasm. She is the smaller one out the the bunch but has this crazy terp.
Field Trip is nice, all cookies. (Letting her go, probably mistake)
Lavender Jack sativa lean looks nice in veg.

Thanks Man,

Yes, Im loving the Wookie Orgasm. She is the smaller one out the the bunch but has this crazy terp.
Field Trip is nice, all cookies. (Letting her go, probably mistake)
Lavender Jack sativa lean looks nice in veg.
Nice. I've got his purple Mana, and rainbow serpent. Got a purple Mana outside, it's looking a pretty wild (like something you would find growing on the side of a dirt road in south America) very loose and calyx-y, but it's also been a bit neglected.

Back
Top Bottom