'21 Outdoor Garden With Sexxpot & Pinkman Goo

2021 Outdoor Garden Part II
introducing Sexxpot and Pinkman Goo by @Weed Seeds Express !

Part I is part of the GSC Comparitive Grow in my signature. I'll have two GSC growing in my veggie garden beds! I hope they end up amazing!

*preachy moment*
@Weed Seeds Express was kind enough to sponsor 40 growers for the @420 GSC Comparative Grow! What an amazing gesture to our community as a sponsor.
I feel it is only right to pay that favor back and spend some $ and order some seeds. I went with their awesome 4/20 deal recently! I have been impressed with the many deals they consistently offer. Please check them out and if you can, buy some seeds to show our support!
*preachy moment concluded*

Unfortunately, I am getting to my outdoor garden quite late this year. Like 3 months too late honestly. So many obstacles in life sometimes. We have to just keep trudging through it though right?!?

I'm not too worried though. I'll just get smaller plants since I'll lose a few weeks of veg time. Again, not going for massive plants. I want to focus on some high quality buds with no signs of pest pressure, mold, mildew, or rot! THAT is the goal! Consistent gardening for the highest quality harvest potential!

CLIMATE - Central Coast, California.
Zone 9B with an afternoon breeze off the Monterey Bay. We have a mild Mediterranean climate and are blessed with a pleasant and long growing season. Most heat gets us in late Aug, Sep, and Oct. We rarely get 90°+ days.
Average Climate Chart
Screenshot_20210511-102150_Chrome.jpg

CULTIVARS
Sexxpot by @Weed Seeds Express

1620761514080.png

Photo provided by WSE
Description on WSE website.

"It is common knowledge that cannabis can be mildly aphrodisiac. However, one strain has been purposely bred to take this property to the next level, Sexxpot. It is a great indica strain that is ideal if you want to improve your love life!

Sexxpot in fact boasts low levels of THC, is fairly easy to grow and features a short flowering time. It is a pure Indica with aphrodisiac properties."

Origin​

"The lady who led to the creation of this unique cannabis strain is named Karyn Wagner. She was inspired to develop Sexxpot after experiencing a night of great sex. This gave her the idea to expand the strain further: if she could get such an extraordinary sexual experience from this weed, who knows how great she would feel if she found a way to develop a strain just for her pleasure?"

"Karyn began her journey by discovering that the weed she was enjoying was a variety called Mr. Nice. She spent the next few years crossing Mr. Nice, separating the sexually stimulating elements of the strain and focusing on creating an incredibly intense variety for middle-aged women or those who need a little extra help with their arousal levels."

"Sexxpot is a cannabis strain that has been explicitly developed for increasing sexual pleasure. Smoking it will increase your libido and physical sensations leading to an exciting time between the sheets. Furthermore, Sexxpot's lower than average THC level means that you don't have to worry about getting too stoned to perform!"

Specifications Sexxpot feminized seeds

THC level14%
CBD level0.8%
VarietyPure Indica
GeneticsMr Nice
Max yield indoor750 to 1000 grams/m2
Max yield outdoor1000 to 1200 grams/m2
Height indoor80 to 100 cm
Height outdoor110 to 130 cm
Flowering time49 to 63 days
Fungal ResistanceHigh
GrowersprofileBeginner
CultivationIndoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
ClimatePolar, Temperate, Mediterranean
FlavorsBerry, Coffee, Nutty, Skunk, Peach, Treefruit
EffectsArousing, Energetic, Euphoric, Focused, Happy, Relaxed, Social
SOG suitableyes
SCROG suitableyes

Pinkman Goo by @Weed Seeds Express
pinkman-goo-feminized-plant.jpg

Photo provided by WSE
Description on WSE website.

"Have you ever grown a cannabis plant where the THC resin was literally and figuratively dripping off? Probably not. However, it is possible with the Pinkman Goo genetics!

Pinkman Goo is a cross between Granddaddy Purple, Grape Ape and Northern Lights #5 which has resulted in a super sticky plant, sugar coated leaves and resinous droplets. This makes Pinkman Goo probably one of the most special strains you will ever grow."

Specifications Pinkman Goo feminized seeds

THC level18%
CBD level0.05%
Variety80% Indica / 20% Sativa
GeneticsGranddaddy Purple x Grape Ape x Northern Lights #5
Max yield indoor300 to 400 grams/m2
Max yield outdoor500 to 750 grams/m2
Height indoor70 to 120 cm
Height outdoor120 to 180 cm
Flowering time56 to 77 days
Fungal ResistanceMedium
GrowersprofileModerate
CultivationIndoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
ClimateTemperate, Mediterranean, Arid, Tropical
FlavorsBerry, Coffee, Fruity, Sweet
EffectsCalming, Energetic, Euphoric, Happy, Relaxed, Uplifting
SOG suitableyes
SCROG suitableyes

GROW MEDIUM - True Living Organic (TLO) Soil that is modeled off the Supernatural 2.0 recipe in the TLO book by the Rev.
*** This is an excellent journal by @DeanWest89 that you should follow for amazing details about the soil and its contents. ***

NUTRIENTS - Most of the nutrients are currently cooking in the soil mixture. I will be utilizing compost teas, top dressings, and spikes at multiple stages throughout the season. I am using a mixture of organic ingredients again, as mentioned in True Living Organics. The Rev mentions to copy his formula in order to get accustomed to this method. Then experiments and other trials can be done when you have a baseline of sorts. Again, every cultivar is different and will require at times a specific amount and type of amendments to be happy.

PEST & DISEASE MANAGEMENT - I will be utilizing a multiple prong approach to my IPM logic this year. Pests and disease has ruined my garden the past two years. Entirely preventable in my opinion too. My method this year will he to incorporate organic oil based pesticides and fungicides. I will also be applying BT (Bacillus thuringiensis) throughout the year on a schedule to prevent any caterpillars again. Cabbage moths are a dangerous threat and I simply need to stay consistent with applying the BT. Allow the bacteria to be my defense BEFORE it becomes a problem.

GROW AREA - Backyard Fruit Tree Orchard. One plant will be growing between some Apricot and Plum trees. The others will be grown nearby on the perimeter of the trees. The plants will have a space of at least 9-15 square feet around them for canopy growth.

CONTAINER - I want to try and grow all three in one large fabric pot. Likely a 60 gallon. I have a much larger size but it might be too large for the space I'm looking at. I haven't made up my mind basically. I will be uppotting them from a small container and slowly moving up in size until final transplant.

Training – I plan on topping at least twice before going into flower. I'm not sure if I will have enough time for that since I'm behind. I might need to supercrop at times. I plan on pruning for shape and energy distribution. I will definitely be doing LST by wiring, bending, and tying.

I started the seeds on 20210508 at 1330 by dunking them into some filtered H²O with 2 Tbs of H²O². I let the seeds get covered with 3% H²O² for a few seconds and then added the H²O. I checked them a couple times (24 hr & 48 hr) waiting for them to open up. At 56 hrs, this is what I had ready to burst!
Two Sexxpot
Pinkman Goo

I got them out of the water and into a damp paper towel. Sealed them up with a puff of human lung exhaust and put them in my security camera DVR cabinet. Checked on them this morning and they all have tails in the 1/4"-1/2" in length. Leaving them in their for another few hours while I mix up a new seedling soil and prepare their containers. These babies will be going out to the greenhouse for the first few weeks and then will be prepped for outdoor living 24/7 for the rest of the season.

That is it for now. I'll post an update when I get them into soil and in the greenhouse.

This journal template was in no shape or form plagiarized from @Dano999 . :thanks:

All likenesses and appearances are purely coincidental and thereby releases me from any possible copyright infringement from said party. :snowboating:

With that said...
Let’s get this show on the road!!! :passitleft:

The seeds got put into soil today! I decided on 3 inch square pots. I mixed in some @GeoFlora Nutrients "Veg", @DYNOMYCO , and Earth Alive Soil Activator into each pot.

I went with a method I saw a couple days ago by Emilya about laying the seeds on their side and letting the taproot twist down into the soil. At least that is how I understood it. LOL

The first two are Sexxpot

Then a single Pinkman Goo

Here is a reason why I like these 3" pots. They allow a cut 2 liter plastic bottle or gatorade bottle to fit tightly to act as a humidity dome. Just another way to repurpose plastic. They went straight into the greenhouse.

UPDATE - SEEDLINGS DAY 0 - FINALLY!

Looks like they breached the soil surface sometime between late yesterday evening and this morning! I am counting today as day 0. I gave them each 60 mL of water mixed with mosquito bits, @Terpinator , and some @Sierra Natural Science SNS209. The containers still had moisture but the fungus gnat pressure was starting to get bad.

I put the domes back over them but will be taking the caps off after today. Then removing the domes probably sometime during the week depending on how they look.

PEST & DISEASE MANAGEMENT - I will be utilizing a multiple prong approach to my IPM logic this year. Pests and disease has ruined my garden the past two years. Entirely preventable in my opinion too. My method this year will he to incorporate organic oil based pesticides and fungicides. I will also be applying BT (Bacillus thuringiensis) throughout the year on a schedule to prevent any caterpillars again. Cabbage moths are a dangerous threat and I simply need to stay consistent with applying the BT. Allow the bacteria to be my defense BEFORE it becomes a problem.
Hey BA, looking really good, I am with you on the pest management. I also grew out some WeedseedsExpress strains in my last grow (Godfather OG & Strawberry Cough), but in spite of applying BT/Neem I still got hit by caterpillars. So next grow, like you, I intend to jump on them harder BEFORE is becomes a problem!

Anyway, looking like a great start, I like the organic approach too. :thumb:

* UPDATE - SEEDLING/VEG DAY 2 *

I chickened out last night and left their domes on. I didn't want their first time without the domes on for an extended period of time be at night. I left the domes on for most of the day and then took them off in the late afternoon. I let them chill in the greenhouse for a couple hours without the dome. Then I let them get about 2 hours of direct afternoon sun. I chickened out again tonight and put the domes back on. Expecting low 50s into the mid 40s the next few days. Currently my greenhouse doors are open since I have other plants hardening off. I'm going to baby these beauties and keep them as comfortable as possible until they are really strong and ready for the great outdoors.

I am not sure what got on the PG leaves but it may have been a little of the soil activator and mosquito bit water from last night.

It was a mild day with a high of 66° and it was already 60° when I put them out for a quick burst of sun. My plan is to progressively give them more direct sun for the next few weeks.

* UPDATE - PG1, SP1, SP2 - VEG DAY 3 *

Not much has changed since yesterday. Trying to post often so I can look back and learn what I did right and what I did wrong.

Super fancy humidity domes. Only for the elite growers! I think I need to start leaving the caps off at night. I don't want any excess humidity issues.

New life, they look lovely BA!
Thanks Stunger! I hope they will continue to look lovely until the very end. They have no idea the war they are about to experience. Lots of cabbage moths, other pests, humidity, and inexperienced grower! That's a lot to overcome. :lot-o-toke:

Pew pew! I'm going to follow along if you don't mind.
Pew...pew!!!

Of course I don't mind. Thanks for joining!

Thankfully I dodged your pew pew bullets. Too many years in the hood. Heard you coming a mile away and returned fire. Haaa haaa...never mind me. I'm lit on some Jack Herer right now.

Check out some of these PPFD readings from a couple different apps I'm trying out. I would say they are fairly accurate readings. I have been attempting to calibrate and compare readings based on manufacturer specs in the tent. They are pretty damn close!

~ 1000 PPFD from the Photone app on iOS. A few screenshots.
20210519_152959-01.jpeg

IMG_20210519_153803.jpg

IMG_20210519_154001.jpg

This is the PPFD app on Android. I have not calibrated it this yet and they are already close.
Screenshot_20210519-144759_PPFD Meter.jpg

If babies outside in a greenhouse are getting nearly or over 1000 ppfd, then why are we only giving them 300-400 as seedlings indoors?

Sexxpot & Pinkman Goo with genetics by @Weed Seeds Express - Outdoor TLO/LOS Grow - CA Zone 9B

SP1,SP2,PG1 - Veg Day 7

Is there a camp of people on TLO and another on LOS? Which of the two acronyms is preferred here BTW?

Anyway, these beauties are humming. No water since last week. Later today, they will get the edges rehydrated only. There is still moisture in the pots.

Also, a couple pics from another part of my garden. One of my favorite Japanese Maple cultivars.

Japanese Maple 'Sangu Kaku' and some Pyracantha blossoms!

Sexxpot & Pinkman Goo with genetics by @Weed Seeds Express - Outdoor TLO Grow - CA Zone 9B

SP1,SP2,PG1 - Veg Day 8

These babies are praying hard! I will be adding some water to the pot edges tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom