220 Gallon Hydroponics - First Hydro Grow & Murphy´s Law Indeed Apply to Me

Badpublicity

5 regular skunk #01
10 regular Heavy duty Fruity
2 fem White Widow -1 didnt germ :/
5 fem Pinapple Chunk

Hi everybody! :cheer:
1 time hydro grower here, has grown outdoors before with some succes, but never inside before

DWC System 2x 110 Gallon with room for 16 plants.
in Roof Qube tent 2.4m x 1.2m x 1.8m
Using 300 watt Cfl for vegging. on the way MH sunmaster
600 Watt hps for flowering. Cooltube adjustawing combo.
On the way 150mm Rhino filter and S & P ventilator. ordered from Basementlighting are base an ok shop?
GHE Nutes + Canna Pk 13/14 when flowering

Process so far.:

I Germed the 09-01-14
And everything went great 21 out of 22 seeds germinated, and I got them into a closed environment, and gave them 55w flouresent light, and had ordered a 300 Watt, but it got a week delayed and my girls got strechy, The 300 watt Cfl finally arrived, and i thought all was good, i gave the girls one day of 300 watt in their current location, in this time the humidity was around 60-80 and temp 27 C.

I moved them, and put them into bigger blocks of rockwool, although i forgot to soak the Rockwool for more than 10 min, thinking it was just to get them wet, not PH neutral, witch i´v learned by reading up afterwards! DOH! :)

Only having room for 16 some of the #01 and Fruity got put into soil, the #01 took it rarther well, the Fruity not so much.

Not checking if the airstones work proper before filling 110 gallon into the container is also a big mistake, so off course one is not working probarly.

By now some of my plants looked really shitty, some still do :/
and I was like forget about it, let´s just order new seeds, because the place they are in, range from 14-19 degrees, this will however be fixed tomorrow, and the humidity is from 60-85 this will hopefully be fixed when ventilator arrives.

A Miracle in the dark times, suddenly after 1,5 months of vegging, a #01 started a race and suddenly some other girls joined in, so now im like maybe not just trow it all away? And this is where u guys come in, But this time I have done my Research on seeds, and they all are supposed to handle low temps. And I´v learned almost every Rookie mistake since i´v committed em, oooh yeah one last one, not having read up on my bluelab reader and mistankenly thinking that EC and PPM was aprox the same where 6.0 must mean 600 ppm, dont know why I thought that but i dit, and kept flooding with nutes, ending up at 3.0 before i thought something must be wrong, to my puny defence i must say i did it little by little, I do hope i would smell a rat, if it was just one time. But with all these mistakes one cant be totally sure :)

So Right now im running with tems at 14-18 celcius, and humidity 60-85 watertemp 15 C. and still in veg. EC 3.0
Some of the plants seem fine, others have bendted tips, but no brown spots or tips..
Should i just stop? And try again? or hold it out and see and learn...

I´v made this Growjournal, first of all to warn and tell off all my mistakes so hopefully others won´t make em.. Happy Growing! :thumb:

BadPublicity

023270.JPG

022295.JPG

024244.JPG

026235.JPG

Re: 220 Gallon Hydroponics, First hydro grow, And Murphy´s Law indeed apply to me

Having a 110 gallon tank has it advanteges, the ph value has been 5.8 in month now, not having to change any water, or even add PH ups and down, makes me think its not needed until flushing, witch its nice.

I have some extra gear i bought used, Like a minigrower an a lightrail, would really like to implemtent the rail, since I think it would help alot in Watt pr squarefeet, but having trouble with hight and space i dont know if i can.

Any experinces with rails?

Re: 220 Gallon Hydroponics, First hydro grow, And Murphy´s Law indeed apply to me

subbed ill read in a bit

I don't use such a huge res as I want to be able to clean weekly
I don't have optimum temps in my res so weekly cleaning and res changes has been working for me
my res temps are never 69f im lucky if it is
what kind of nutes are you running? ive never used such a big reservoir this is interesting
I been doing hydro for a couple years now I don't check ppm's but with weekly res cleaning and changes
I don't feel it very necessary

Im running GHE... Water seems quite clean, see if i can get a solid picture for you, I do have a submergeable waterpump, so i can empty the tank in minutes, but just ran with it since the PH is stable, and been for 1,5 month,and i was feeling like WhatEver! like i said this has been one disaster after another so im thinking of this as a trial run. Having bought seeds more suitable for the conditions, low temps ! i would not have the biggest problem in scrapping these and start over, maybe I could Plant them outside?

Anyhow another Disaster happend today, my landlady ( whom im on the best terms with) called, since I rent a basement for tools and yeah u guessed it ;) and told me that the lady upstairs had heard rat sounds, and ordered a DAWN ratcatcher who is supposed to go into my basement and look for vermin!!! So now i have to take i all down tomorrow, and store my girls another place while he´s there!! My plan is to take em in their dark phase and put em into black plastic bags with some water from the tank... Is there a better way? must be just as stealth :) Today I hate rats more than ever... :( ps we need sad smileys for times like this...

Btw im thinking about changing to Canna Aqua since its more suitable for just keeping the same nutes for a long time, anyone have experince with canna aqua?

you could temporarily stick them in buckets with some of the res water and a portable air pump since its temp then when done put them back
as long as the roots get o2 it shouldn't be a problem

King J, Im located in Europe, so the US. shops usually dont send to here, although i got a friend in Denver, who could buy it for me, and ship it here.

Cronic. Yeah that was my first idea, but they would be to hard to move, or hide! so i went with black plastic bags, and som water in the bottom, it did not go well :( so now im more than ever ready to start over. Ill give em a day or 2 to get back, if they don´t ill try planting em outside and start over...

Ill show pics in a while...

are they cuttings or rooted clones?

King.: You really think so? ill go take a look later and post, but hopefully your right :)

Chronic.: Seeds, all are form seed, its was my intention, to keep one as mother plant to take clones from there, but not yet having a veg room and a flowering room, ill wait a bit, need to get better at cultivating my plants before i start cloning. But this is my end goal to be able to make my own strings.

Sweetleat.: Thanks mate :high-five: My plan is to get it as automatic as possible, since im a lazy ass, smoke to much hash :p
Thats the reason for the HUGE tanks, since in my childhood i had aquariums and the big tanks hardly needed any cleaning compaired to the small tanks, so i figured i might be the same here, and so far i´v been right...

Someone said something about the nutes, Nutes are expensive, no doubt about it, but if I dont change the water i would be saving alot on nutes imo, only having to put nutes in once, instead of everytime you change the water, i havent calculated the difference, but even if i go into smaller buckets i still would need around the same gallons, 16 x 10 gallons, = 160 but where iwould have to change water once a week, alot more nutes would be used in my calculation?

But thanks to all for following and commenting.. Its highly apreciated

Well better go look how my girls are handling themselves...

Back
Top Bottom