24/0 vs 18/6

GonzoBot

So: What are the advantages, what are the risks?

My 40X Satori seedlings have hatched and are now under a 150W MH lamp. Since I got some dammaged seedlings due to overwatering and ruthless seedshell removal I decided to give them some days under 24/0 to make them recover faster (they sprouted at a window in cocos yiffies).

So: Shall I turn back to 18/6 tomorrow or just let em in the 24/0. Power is no problem nor is heat. I just want the best for my plants as I consider the Satori (Mandala Seeds) the queen of Sativas ^^

PS: 40 of 40 Satoris germinated. Really deluxe seeds!

:thumb:

Well I used 24 hours a day for the first couple days and and they seem to like it when there realy young,but once there roots grab hold and they start taking off,18/6 is prolly the best for vegatative growth,because the darkness is pretty much when they grow the most ect...idk realy,lol..Im still kinda new to all this myself,but defently noticed more growth and healthier happy plants when they got a little darkness everyday,
Good luck,

Thx champ! All answers are apreciated!

I think I will give em 1 more day of 24/0 as they really liked it! Rapid mass production. No shooting but leaves growing like crazy. I think the can handle 40h more of light!

Well I used 24 hours a day for the first couple days and and they seem to like it when there realy young,but once there roots grab hold and they start taking off,18/6 is prolly the best for vegatative growth,because the darkness is pretty much when they grow the most ect...

I 100% agree..

24/0 is great for the first few days after germination. It's also great for cloning. Other then that once you have roots 18 / 6 or 16 / 8 is best. I agree that you get a boat ton of growth during the night cycle. Thats the time when the plants convert the energy from the light into new growth.

I have only done 18/6 hours (but then again, I have only grown once. :p). My friend who put his under 24 hours did not do as well. So he switched them to 18/6 and they are doing a little better. I think 24 hours for a little while won't hurt. But I think I would progress them slowly to 18/6 instead of instantly though. Have fun, and let me know how it turns out! :goodluck:

you will get many opinions, Im 24hrs through veg...my theory is yes they grow at night and stretch for light...maybe my theory is off but i prefer to keep the stretching down as much as possible.

Hmm I have never ever had a problem with stretching till flowering, but thats kind of natural anyways. The nodes on my babies are maybe 1/2" apart. I think that has to due mostly with me keeping the light source about 2 - 3 inches from my plants though.

I think I can handle stretching in Bloom. Got a 600W Osram and AAW with spreader... awesome thang!

The best way to handle stretching in bloom is to cut back on nitrogen. I usually don't cut back till I get good healthy bud sights. That usually occures in the 2nd week of flowering. It's basically where the stretching is comming from on my end.

Hehe..

Iam from Ger so I grow European Style. I use a high quality soil (CompoSanaQualityPottingSoil) and lots of Plagron WormManure (about 30%). So my plants dont get any feeding in the first 6 weeks. After that they get 1/3rd of Hesi Soil feeding (bloom complex, root complex, phosphor complex) with BioBizz bloom stim.

Repotting into pure CSQPS without WormManure (nitrogen heavy stuff) after 4 real weeks of veg. (not counting Germination and first 3 days after repotting in soil from Jiffies).

Jiffie -> 4L (1gal) veg -> 8L (2gal) flower
40 reg seeds (20 females I hope in 2 gal) on 2square meters

1gal=3,8L 1L water=1kg=1000g=35oz no idea about dry/wet gal

Back
Top Bottom