24hr water?

or better still if you have a smaller grow op, you can get a case of bottled water at wal mart for $3. I did an experiment last year, think it's on here somewhere, when I watered, fertilized and misted only with bottled water on a few plants, it was unreal the difference it made. when I let my tap water sit 24 hrs it has all kinds of shit floating on top. spend six bucks and buy 2 cases, you'll be glad you did.

I know a lot of people say bottled IS tap water but it is not. look at a bottle of water, then fill an empty with tap and hold it up to a light. lots of difference.

I know a lot of people say bottled IS tap water but it is not. look at a bottle of water, then fill an empty with tap and hold it up to a light. lots of difference.

It depends on what type of bottled water you purchase.

Spring Water - Bottled water derived from an underground formation from which water flows naturally to the surface of the earth. Spring water must be collected only at the spring or through a borehole tapping the underground formation feeding the spring. Spring water collected with the use of an external force must be from the same underground stratum as the spring and must have all the physical properties before treatment, and be of the same composition and quality as the water that flows naturally to the surface of the earth.
Purified Water - Water that has been produced by distillation, deionization, reverse osmosis or other suitable processes while meeting the definition of purified water in the United States Pharmacopoeia may be labeled as purified bottled water. Other suitable product names for bottled water treated by one of the above processes may include "distilled water" if it is produced by distillation, deionized water" if it is produced by deionization or "reverse osmosis water" if the process used is reverse osmosis. Alternatively, " drinking water" can be used with the blank being filled in with one of the terms defined in this paragraph (e.g., "purified drinking water" or "distilled drinking water").
Mineral Water - Bottled water containing not less than 250 parts per million total dissolved solids may be labeled as mineral water. Mineral water is distinguished from other types of bottled water by its constant level and relative proportions of mineral and trace elements at the point of emergence from the source. No minerals can be added to this product.
Sparkling Bottled Water - Water that after treatment, and possible replacement with carbon dioxide, contains the same amount of carbon dioxide that it had as it emerged from the source. Sparkling bottled waters may be labeled as "sparkling drinking water," "sparkling mineral water," "sparkling spring water," etc.
Artesian Water/Artesian Well Water - Bottled water from a well that taps a confined aquifer (a water-bearing underground layer of rock or sand) in which the water level stands at some height above the top of the aquifer.
Well Water - Bottled water from a hole bored, drilled or otherwise constructed in the ground, which taps the water aquifer.

I love cheap shit...

For my water...I've been using my dad's boat. It sits beside my house with a tarp on it. When it rains, I go out the next day, and "bottle" up as much as I can in buckets etc. I just started doing this on my second grow, and the results are night and day so far. Probably not all due to the water though...there have been many other things I've fixed too from the first time.

^^ That reminded me of drinking/showering in/washing with/etc rain water in alaska. Pretty tasty watter, especially after a good rain, but after a dry spell when all the mosquitos have time to lay eggs and hatch, a little unsightly but the extra protien was good.

Would mineral water be benifical to herb by adding trace elements?

You could also buy a reverse osmosis filter and make your own great tap water.

I use distilled water. I go to the water store and fill up two 5 gallon bottles. It costs $0.40 per gallon - so $4 every two weeks. The PH of the distilled water has been perfect....I havent had to adjust the PH level. Well worth the $4.

i have used distilled water and the results were great until the cops came around

So does using distilled water lead to cops busting in the door?

The chem department at my school has a dedicated distilled water pipe running throughout the building.

So does using distilled water lead to cops busting in the door?

The chem department at my school has a dedicated distilled water pipe running throughout the building.
No it shouldn't. You can have a water distillery on your property if you want...no problem. A friend distills about 30 gallons a week for his personal use.

No it shouldn't. You can have a water distillery on your property if you want...no problem. A friend distills about 30 gallons a week for his personal use.

my step-dads father (would that be my step-grandfather??) has a distillation machine in a closet next to his kitchen. the water where he lives is not really drinkable. (it is, but you can grow extra toes and your kids will glow bright green...) you can actualy taste the difference in the quality.

Back
Top Bottom