250 Watts CFLs - Miracle Grow Moisture Control Soil - OG Kush & Unknown Seeds

KnottyDread

Wassup yall,

Bout to take a crack at this whole growing thing.....I set up a small grow room in my closet and would APPRECIATE some tips from all u Pros!! Honestly my first inside grow just wanna know if im headed down the right track. My closet has a small window that allows a little sunlight inside closet, i have 3 lamps and plan on getting 40watt CFL lights. Ill post some pictures and let me know what u guys thinks.....THANKS PPL!!!

DSC_001368.JPG

View image in gallery

re: First Time Grower - Looking For Tips & Help

Welcome to 420mag!
What are the details of your grow?
Your expectations? Strain choice, soil or soilless?
Good luck and welcome aboard!
:welcome:

Um that window isnt the best thing, light will come in through a dark spell definately through flower unless youre in alaska. Looks gd otherwise, you got any beans yet?

Herb

btw those nice white walls wouldve been gd, no need for the mylar type stuff as it isnt entirely flat and will not reflect light evenly/ Not that it really matters, just a thought. As for the window you could buy some board and make a shelf the entire size of the cupboard just above the light, seperating the window from the grow, this would work well

MAN!!...i really appreciate the feedback...I live in California but id rather cover up the window anyway because of my nosy ass neighbors. So ya ill look into cutting that part off....Now the walls without the reflector is something new but if i think that might work i could try that too....i have 2 that have sprouted but im thinking of just going to a med shop and getting some FORSURE female plants cuz i have my rec. and everything.

Subbed my friend! Love a good DIY. Keep us updated!

Just my 2 cents, but is your light bar just taped on? Maybe you could get some of those wall hangers, or maybe a chain if you have somewhere to hang it from above. would hate to see it fall on your babies!

All the best, looking forward to seeing a full garden soon!

Honestly GlimmerGlass i was just Guerrilla mode and planted some seeds i came across but i might as well go to shop and get a select strain since i got everything set up.....Wreckedsummer the bar is adjustable but will fall if i put weight on it so ya i might have to get a chain and hang it since it seems like blocking off the window part seems to be wat everyone is saying.

re: 250 Watts CFLs - Miracle Grow Moisture Control Soil - OG Kush & Unknown Seeds

Probaly best to just stick 2 inch square wooden blocks either end of the bar n thatll stop it falling, or just get yourself a chain as mentioned n use hooks for attachment. Get some beans ma friend, its so much more fun that way. Im looking forward to see what you cook up.

Herb

re: 250 Watts CFLs - Miracle Grow Moisture Control Soil - OG Kush & Unknown Seeds

Cool knotty so you caught the growing bug as well then, welcome :grinjoint: I haven't grown with cfls but from what ive read on lights I think you'll need more light for these 4plants...especially when they get bigger. I would look into this to be sure & maybe arrange for additional bulbs. Im looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Aite Herb im look into them blocks or ill juast get the hooks and chain since ill be moving the lights as the plants grow.....SoIMJ i prolly will end up with 2 plants for my first grow. thats my biggest problem is the lighting actually i knw its 100watts per plant but finding wallet friendly lights isnt easy. What do yall think about the reflector is it useless and should i just use the while walls in the closet.

I wouldnt say its useless but for a more even reflection the white walls wins. It also looks less suspect. I doubt it will make much difference either way if at all Knotty

Herb

My bad for delay but I finally received setup my grow room now it's all white walls...reflector is on top blocking the sun roof....and a fan for temp control tomorrow I'm getting my legit plants so I can start this whole thanng haha

tmp_4949-DSC_0023-1489069745.JPG

Back
Top Bottom