250w HPS/MH vs. 300W LED

THCinTheBrain

Hi everyone, I recently started a grow with two plants inside my bedroom closet and have been using CFL's but I want to get some better equipment and am stuck choosing between this 250W HPS/MH Grow light kit:

57109.JPG

and this 300W Marshydro LED:

57_1_1.JPG

I want to know which one would be better in terms of producing a bigger yield/quality. Ventilation consists of a fan and aircon at the moment, would this be enough to keep the heat from the HPS/MH away?

Any other advice will be appreciated.

I have looked into this in Great detail in my Quest to find out if LED grow lights are 'real'.

I found out they do indeed work 'real' well with more than Double the light out put in the plants useable light wavelengths when compared to MH (blue light) and HPS (red orange light). The HPS and MH bulbs output much of their"juice" in light spectrum's we see but the plants can't. So to us the MH or HPS *looks* brighter , its not.

So in short a 300w LED (180 watts consumption) could compete with a 400w HPS or MH from all the info I have gathered / videos I have watched. I am now using LED's for the first time , I have the Mars 300w on my seedlings at 11" from the tops. Plants are loving the light so far .. I bit the bullet and bought 2 bigger 144 3w led light panels so I can use one for grow and 2 for flower for a perpetual 2 month harvest rotation , on a small scale ..

Back
Top Bottom