$25M Pot Farm Found In Oregon Forest

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Police plucked $25 million worth of marijuana plants from an illegal plantation on privately owned forest land in northeastern Oregon on Wednesday.

With the upcoming bow hunting season, law enforcement officals asked hunters to keep their eyes open for illegal pot grows - and to be careful when encountering suspicious people in the woods.

Two men, ages 50 and 25, were arrested and jailed after police raided the grow site.

The investigation started a week ago when a helicopter spotted the marijuana plants from the air.

Law enforcement officers searched the property in a remote section of northern Wallowa County, not far from the Washington and Idaho borders.

Officers found over 10,300 marijuana plants, all 3 to 5 feet tall. The plants have been destroyed.

Estimated value of the marijuana eradicated is approximately $25 million.

Law enforcement officials said the grow operation likely had been ongoing for many years without knowledge of the land owner.

There was extensive environmental damage done to this area of old growth timber including substantial amounts of trash, chemicals and irrigation tubing littered about the forest. Oregon State Police Fish & Wildlife Division is conducting an investigation into multiple environmental crimes that were discovered at the site.

Officers arrested Manuel Carrazco-Mendoza, 50, and Francisco Gallardo-Carrasco, 25, without incident.

Law enforcement officials have not confirmed where the two men are from. They are being held at the Union County Jail in La Grande on charges of Unlawful Manufacture and Possession of Marijuana.

Pot_plantation_found_in_Oregon_forest_1_.jpg

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: katu.com
Author: KVAL News
Copyright: Fisher Communications, Inc

umm... Sweden?

Yeah, that's it, lol, Upper Volta, Sweeden. Been a lot of illegal immigrants sneaking into the country lately by hiding in the trunks of Volvos.

Doesn't matter where they are from; if they are in this country illegally then they should be sent back with no more in their pockets than they jumped the border with originally.

After being punished for having sneaked in, of course. Preferably in a prison that mirrors the condition of the prisons in their country exactly. That way, instead of telling all their friends how much fun they had being fed and clothed at the government's expense they can instead shudder, speak of how they had to exist on pigeons and rats, huddle together to keep from freezing in the winter, and to lick the sweat off of the damp walls of their cells because it was cleaner than the water that trickled out of their communal sink/toilet - and then tell everyone to stay home where they at least have a chance of bribing the guards into letting them out early.

After all, one of the purposes of punishment is to deter both the offender and others from doing the same thing all over again.

To be born on earth and not have the freedom to roam the earth, for whatever reason, is the most fucked up thing about being human. I'm too stoned to know whether TS is leveling or not. Meter broken.

I understand your sentiment. One part of me even agrees wholeheartedly with it. Call it the human part, if you like. Another part of me... Not everything that is necessary at the time that it occurs is... "good."

Dropping two primitive nuclear weapons onto populated areas wasn't good - not at all. But doing so ended a war for all practical purposes. And it may have saved more deaths (and injustices) than it caused.

I don't know what I'm trying to say, exactly. Or how to say it.

Back
Top Bottom