25micron bh bags stopped up?

Is it normal for the 25 micron bag drain for more than a day? I have tried cleaning the mesh with alcohol with very little result. Do you clean them? How? or do you just throw them away and use new ones. The bag before the 25m is 73m. I have ordered 45m bags to put between them. I ordered more 25m bags too. I usually run two sets at a time when making hash.

The 25's clog up easy, what I do is kinda shake the bag from side to side and slosh the contents around, it helps them drain. 25's can take many hours to drain if you do't give them a little help.
Yeah I shake and slosh and it helps but if I stop within a few minutes it stops draining again. They drain faster the first few times when new.

Yeah, I shake and slosh until it’s almost empty, it can take a while, bthen I put the bag in the 5 gallon bucket and pull the sides down, it creates a suction and pull the last little bit of water out. After use I wash them in the washer use very hot water, or you can soak the mesh in alcohol.

Soak the bags in everclear then enjoy some RSO when it evaporates

Yeah, I shake and slosh until it’s almost empty, it can take a while, bthen I put the bag in the 5 gallon bucket and pull the sides down, it creates a suction and pull the last little bit of water out. After use I wash them in the washer use very hot water, or you can soak the mesh in alcohol.
Can't get Everclear. I have used 151 rum and it worked a little on the 1st run but was just as stopped up after that. I bought 3 new 25 micron bags and a couple of 40 something micron bags to put between the 73micron and the 25micron. I will come back to this post after I run them again next year.

Using alcohol to clean them can shorten the life of the screen. You know what works well for cleaning them....canola or vegetable oil.

The oil/fat absorbs the trichomes/thc.
Rub some oil into the screen and rub it around for a bit and then clean it off with regular dish soap....works well for me.

Back
Top Bottom