2mx2m veg room: what lights?

Lancashire farmer

Hi 420 members :ciao:,
Long time hps grower here. After some advise on what you think would be best.

I'm forever running out of veg space, decided to set something new up.
Building a veg room which will be 2m x 2m. It will have a 8 inch airforce extractor fan so heat isn't a issue.

Currently torn on what lighting. I want fast growth, was thinking 4 x 315w cmh's (I think this is this enough?) but not sure wether I'd get better results of led's.
What's your thoughts?

Thanks
Lf.

QB lights are the best available right now, more $$$ but worth it in the long run
Less elec cost for sure

@Budget LED has done great ones

Alot of my local growmies use them. Think I'm just a bit stuck in my ways and need a kick to sort things. I'm sure over time the hps will become retired.
Sorry for all the questions.. Trying to get a idea of how many I would need. The sites saying a 2 panel 260w will cover 4 x 4. That seems a bit of a stretch. What sort of Watts are you running per m2 of veg?
Thanks

I'm running around 450w in my 4x4
I have 3 more panels to install, mine is all diy, to get me over 600w, just haven't done it yet, haven't really needed it

260w is a bit low for 4x4

Hi 420 members :ciao:,
Long time hps grower here. After some advise on what you think would be best.

I'm forever running out of veg space, decided to set something new up.
Building a veg room which will be 2m x 2m. It will have a 8 inch airforce extractor fan so heat isn't a issue.

Currently torn on what lighting. I want fast growth, was thinking 4 x 315w cmh's (I think this is this enough?) but not sure wether I'd get better results of led's.
What's your thoughts?

Thanks
Lf.
We would reccomend the 250w SQ design for a 4 x 4. The 480w kit is a little overkill. I run the 480w in my personal veg tent. I never power it more than 50%.

With your space being more like 6 ft by 6 ft, one of the 480w kits should work great or you could do two 250w kits with the XL heatsink to spread more coverage. This reccomendation is only for a veg set-up.

I went from CMH to quantum board and have been pleased. The CMH is a BEAST of a light and having it be an all-in-one unit is nice too...BUT they will turn a small space into an oven without lots and lots of ventilation.
I would use them again in a BIG grow, but for compact spaces QB lights are awesome, mine pulls 1/2 the power and the room is at least 30° cooler.

Also, they're super low profile unlike my sunsystem 315 and wont damage the plant (as bad) of it gets too close!

I switched from CMH with COBs to a series 3+ 500w light from @Budget LED and wouldn't look back. Way less heat, full spectrum with the red and the IR/UV added in, no $80-100 bulb changes and it's dimmable.
We would reccomend the 250w SQ design for a 4 x 4. The 480w kit is a little overkill. I run the 480w in my personal veg tent. I never power it more than 50%.

With your space being more like 6 ft by 6 ft, one of the 480w kits should work great or you could do two 250w kits with the XL heatsink to spread more coverage. This reccomendation is only for a veg set-up.
I went from CMH to quantum board and have been pleased. The CMH is a BEAST of a light and having it be an all-in-one unit is nice too...BUT they will turn a small space into an oven without lots and lots of ventilation.
I would use them again in a BIG grow, but for compact spaces QB lights are awesome, mine pulls 1/2 the power and the room is at least 30° cooler.

Also, they're super low profile unlike my sunsystem 315 and wont damage the plant (as bad) of it gets too close!
Thanks for taking the time to drop by and give some feedback guys, from what you've all recommended it shows qbs are the way to go.
Scratching my head a bit on how many watts will be needed, going to have to have a good think over the weekend.
Thanks everyone:high-five:.

You can check out Mars Hydro's TS LED, if you're just using light for veg, TSW2000 can fit your 4x4 grow area. For 2x2, TS1000 is the good one.

Mars Hydro LEDs are cost-effective and the spectrum is suitable for veg growth

Back
Top Bottom