2nd attempt at grow? Coco?

jamtarts

Hi everyone again, my last grow attempt was a disaster but hopefully learned something from it , all I got was stunted runts that never got more than 2 "
PLEASE remember I am in a English speaking country and getting materials etc is very hard!

My setup was a
60 60 140 gro tent.
1 x Znet4 200w LED light
Soil mix (I just took ones that were light and recommended for tomatoes i think as language problem a big factor where I am )
Perlite.
Ph indicator and acid/alch sachets.
2 fans

Ok so I think I completely burnt the wee girls and probably over watered them too boot, plus my PH indicator was cheap and nasty.

OK onwards and hopefully upwards!!.
The tent, lights, fans I will keep the same for now.
I tried growing Autos Sin TraBajo and Malana Bomb.

I will now try Lowryder as I have been told they are a little forgiving for dumb asses like myself.
I have now got Coco Coir from a company call GALUKU if anyone has heard of them?
and I plan to mix with 30% perlite,I understand that its very hard to over water Coco? and there is no nutes whatsoever so I should burn the roots this time? Is 10 L pots ok for this? Should I put few stones in the bottom of the pot mixed with perlite for better drainage ?
I understand that Autos MUST be germinated and planted in the Pot they will spend their short life (not as short life as the last time!)
I know people told me no need to feed for first couple of weeks , is this true with Coco?
I managed to source sensi grow A&B and sensi bloom A&B in small 500ml and also have a 100ml of Big Bud if I ever get near to using that .
I have ordered PH 6.5 water but ive been told I will have to buffer that to 6.
I am looking at a fan intake and out and should get that soon as well as a carbon filter but I will leave that until I get some results .

heres a pic from the last disaster

Cheers guys

Re: 2nd attempt at grow ???? Coco?

Asking for things used for tomato growing should be sufficient, as the plants have a similar nute profile. I don't know anything about coco at all, but as far as soil mixes, you shouldn't do any nutes for the first week or 2, then when you do start feeding nutes, you should run it at 1/4 strength at most to start, then as the plant takes it in, you can add more if it needs. Remember, feeding your babies is like baking a cake. You can always add not enough, then add a little more till you get what you need, but it's almost impossible to take out some if you put in too much.

Also note that auto flowering strains have been suggested by the more professionals to be a lot more unforgiving of mistakes, so you'll have to keep on top of your game.

Also, you should NOT just plop your tiny clone or wee seed into the huge pot right away. It'll make it a nightmare to water and take care of.

Ok well this time there is no chance of nute burn and maybe I should start the seeds in a plastic cup and move after a week or so ?

Well, I don't know, as I said I have 0 experience or knowledge about coco grow materials. But, there are those who do know more than I who can answer that one easily.

I have been looking too much man , I would really appreciate what size of pot need

Coco is a great medium. Much more forgiving then soil. Ive never grown autos, but I would personally plant it in a solo cup until nice and rooted then move to a 3 or 5 gallon pot. Once again ive never grown autos so I may not be the best to answer.

Hey Jamtarts...the pictures are a no show.
I am in a similar situation with me being in a Spanish speaking country, I too bought the bag with the tomatoes on it, couldn't read the bag...haha. I am new to growing as well and have learned to not give any nutes to the seedlings not even after a couple weeks. I feel they will tell me when it's time. Good luck and are you doing a journal on this grow?

Yea I will mate, I obviously meant non English lol glad you sussed that.
will start a journal as soon as I get up and running. With the bag with of tomato medium I think I just burnt the wee things and I over watered I imagine too, That's why ive gone for Coco this time and already washed it as much as I can and looks ok, will mix with 30% perlite and plant early next week.
Will have a look at your journal right now mate.
Good luck

This bag?
IMG_20140729_181245.jpg

No mate lol I cant go into specifics but if I say that its in characters rather than letters you will get my drift

but the pictures of tomatoes were similar hahaha but joking aside if it says no ferts required as it looks on yours it prob means its loaded already as I think my first miserable attempt was and just too much for the wee girls

tent_and_znet4.jpg
35713.JPG

This will be my set up, minus the in and out fans which will arrive shortly.
I keep looking to find the best distance from the LEDs for seedlings and willprobably start around 18 inches , dunno if that's right, hopefully get some feed back from the guys here
I now have a fan that will clip to the corner post and one another one above.

Yea man, that pic was taken just after I got rid of old pots etc from last time , all cleaned up and ready to go once I get my my new pots.
Someone said I should put a few stones atteh bottom of my coco perlite mix? Is this necessary?

Back
Top Bottom