2nd CFL Grow Sativa Seeds From Bag Seed

Rate my Grow

• excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hey guys i was looking around and researching on soil and saw that most of the ppl uses vermiculite and some uses perlite and some others uses them both together. now the question is what is best ? use them both at the same mix or use vermiculite or perlite. i know that vermiculite retain water and nutes and keep them for the plant and the plant can access them when needed while perlite do the opposite and drain water and add more oxygen to the soil. why should we add both if they are doing the opposite thing ? and if its ok to do so what is the best percentage to add in my soil formula up there.

throw some pictures up of the seedlings if they are decent size transplanting them shoould not be a problem. The faster they get into your new soil the better.I buy a local nursery's pre-made soil that has vermiculite in it. I only add perilite if my soil is really dense or having drainage issues. This is just knowledge from tomatoes and peppers though no one ever explained their purpose further than what you described in the previous post. looking good man.

hey shrub i will add pics of those seedlings later i just watered them now stay tuned for the pics if they are ready i will transplant tomorrow morning

those are the seedling hope they are ready to transplant and see how they will feel in their new home :)
IMG_72411.JPG
IMG_7242.JPG
IMG_72432.JPG
IMG_72442.JPG

you just got dirt from outside didn't you...
It looks very compact and poorly draining, you should transplant them into real potting soil.

Not being rude- I done this before - using outdoor soil is not a reliable source of clean usable dirt.

DN

Well normally I would say they look a little young to transplant however not sure how long they will last in that soil either. I would give it a few days and see if they start showing signs of stress, transplanting them will stress them no matter what and the younger they are the longer it takes to recover. Better to make sure they get some good roots going so they hold the soil together a little better when you transplant them. The more root mass you can keep with the plant the better.

so i will wait few more days and see how it goes. i will update you with pics in few days. hope everything goes well.

Your new soil mix looks great mate, and + Reps for the oldskool wholesale mixing method that's the way to do it!!!

thanks dude i wanna transplant and see how the plants feels like :)

hey guys i transplanted one of the seedlings today the one with the black pot and left it over night and check on it today and its so loving the new soil. will update you with pictures later on today

finally the gallery issue is fixed and i can update you with the transplanted seedling pictures and the other one will be transplanted in few days
20140305_163040.jpg
20140305_163034.jpg
20140305_162928.jpg

today i transplanted the other baby to her new home and she looks in love with it lol. finger crossed for an easy second grow.
20140306_154429.jpg
20140306_154417.jpg
20140306_154402.jpg

hey all todays update is as followed.

added 1 of the seedlings under a new 50 watt flood led light as shown is the picture and wanted to leave the other one under a 50 watt cfl jst to compare thew growth of both and see how effective is the led light. if this plant grow faster and better under the new 50 watt led light im going to buy a new one to the other 1 and use it. will keep u updated about this experiment.

IMG_72742.JPG
IMG_7275.JPG
IMG_7277.JPG

i lowered the led light little bit today and my lady seedling is loving it.
IMG_73211.JPG
IMG_73201.JPG

hey guys i was checking on the other seedling that it's under the cfl light i discovered it has yellow leaf on button so i'm thinking of heat burn or over watering. and it could be something else so anyone can help please.

IMG_73292.JPG
IMG_73281.JPG
IMG_73271.JPG
IMG_7325.JPG
IMG_73241.JPG

how light? is a 1/4 20-20-20 in 1 galon ok or 1/4 12-12-17 is lighter and better? and i add 200ml for each plant or 500ml since the pot is big?

im thinking of giving them 1/4 12-12-17 ferts in 1 gallons with 500ml for each. the 12-12-17 is light on those plants as first feading and it has high potassium which is good for plant cells it helps them take as much food as possible and will switch to 20-20-20 ferts as soon as the plants are ready to handle this heavy food what do you think kjc?

That is what I would suggest, that is a good plan. The amount of water your plant requires is based on how large of plant you have and how many days it takes for your soil to dry enough that the pot requires watering again, I can not give you a quantity to use.

Back
Top Bottom