2nd crop died: why?

madforit2012

Ok This is my second attempt just come to an end the same way as the first. After 2 weeks it so they just curl up and die.

Will list details of what I am using below. Temp usually between 77 and 85. Humidity about 50. Lightly water every few days with 1mg calmag. They start of well but they his picture is an auto 4 weeks old. I don’t get it

Grow room.

Bought package from growgenius.co.uk consisting of:
Mylar Tent 100x100x200cm
Light - 300W LED Mars Hydro ( 400W on way )
Carbon Filer
2x mini fans

Nutrients.

Voodo Juice
Calmag
Bio Nova Hydro Super Mix NPK 7-4-5
Overdrive

Soil.

Canna Coco Professional Pro Soil

Attachments

• FF45B491-8749-4E95-8278-22401307D937.jpeg
    FF45B491-8749-4E95-8278-22401307D937.jpeg
    597.6 KB · Views: 66
Your problem is that you're using coco and not feeding with nutrients from the start.....you're treating it like soil and it's not soil. Coco should be fed daily to substantial run off......not just lightly water every few days with calmag.

What pH are you using?

You drop a comma, or are you looking for someone to snoop on one of your buddies? If the latter, what does the job pay?

FWIW, I had never grown anything in my life and I was going to do the coco thing. At the last moment I read soil is much more forgiving and not to try coco until you have a few grows under your belt. I went FFOF soil and on my first grow, I ended with 20 ounces. I call that a win. Funny thing is I have 2 5kg coco coir in my garage for when I do try it.

That was probably good advice. A beginner can have a successful first run with coco coir, of course. But there can be issues if he/she lets it dry out, it hasn't been rinsed and prepped (soaking in a weak solution of calcium nitrate with a bit of Epsom salt, for example), et cetera.

I think I'd recommend a DWC grow to a beginner before I'd suggest a coco coir run. It lacks the buffering ability that soil generally has. And NOTHING is completely idiot-proof. But it's very much a "problems occur quickly enough that it's pretty easy to determine how you caused them" kind of thing, IMHO, because there's nothing to provide a "cushion."

And over a pound for a first (indoor) grow is pretty nice, lol. :thumb:

Coco should remain moist at all times and feed 1/4 strength nutrients.

Frankly if your soil is correct and you have proper soil tilth then soil should stay moist at all times also.
The only reason you need to play water roulette and let soil dry out is when the tilth is bad and in small plastic pots.

IMO if you aren't watering at least every 36 hours then you should rethink your grow medium.
Iam in 25 gallon fabric pots and I water every single day at least a half gallon like I am right now and I don't even have any cannabis planted.
Takes at least half gallon a day just for my cover crop and my worms and evaporation.
Cannabis plant in flower and its 2 gallons a day.

Instead of pissing around weighing your pots and drying it out over several days in plastic pots, you would be better served reworking your soil and get your tilth right.
With proper soil tilth your roots will get more oxygen, less problems with watering, overall just less problems.

Back
Top Bottom