2nd Grow - 3x3 - Mars LED - Female Seeds

Hey Versai,

Thanks for such a detailed grow forum! I have been researching for a couple months now and investing in my equipment. I stumbled on your first grow forum today and spent most of my day off reading threw it and taking detailed notes along the way. I am hoping to start up my tent at the end of this week (as soon as my seeds come in).
Again thanks for the amount of detail and attention you have put into both your forums so far I think it will help me a lot as I begin my first journey.

Thank you for tuning in and stopping by to comment! I've noticed my first journal gets more activity than this current one lol, I appreciate you checking them both out. Glad to be able to share my research and lessons with other beginners. I wish you the best as you get setup! Should start a journal when you do and lemme know if you have any questions or inquiries.

Just read through both of your journals and - wow.
Is all I have to say.

Your patience and perseverance is admirable.

Edit:
Very nice choice of avatar, mate.

Thank you Rae!

Day 64 of Flowering:

IMG_262014.JPG

IMG_263716.JPG

I'm glad I waited a week longer than planned - they really do swell up more. The center plant looks like it could surge for another couple weeks still and a few of the other large buds are foxtailing right along. I can tell the patience is helping the trichomes mature more too, tons of milky white ones now.

I'm surprised, the plant that was crippled during training on the center-right side actually has some of the fattest and most dense buds with notable frost. In fact I think the broken branch produced one of the largest colas. Seems like the perfect combo of both white widow + big bud. The others are large but not as frosty, or frosty but not as large. Totally didn't expect that plant to do much tho so I didn't clone it! :straightface:

Here's a smaller frosty one:

IMG_258511.JPG

The seeded plant that I harvested last week has finished drying in 5 days and I put it in a jar with a humidipak. I dried it in the plastic box which gave me a lot more control over it than my first grow (drying in a net in the tent). I definitely dried it slower and jarred it while a bit more moist and after a day in the jar the buds feel more evenly moisturized and perfect. And they smell wonderful. I think I dried my first harvest way too much in comparison. Only came out to 20g tho which was a bit disappointing from my favorite whorling plant in veg.

IMG_265211.JPG

The clones are doing great in their little pots still. Having them so long at eye level really makes it easy to check them daily and control all of their growth. I don't have a group shot of them right now but here's one of the Sexbud clones which are both producing flowers now... I thought it was cute at first but now I'm a little worried they're wasting energy that I want them to be putting into node growth. Not sure how it's even possible that they're flowering under 18/6.

IMG_252215.JPG

Harvesting in a few days! :cheer:

Hey everyone! Been extremely busy the past few weeks and haven't had the time to document everything. Still have tons to share with you tho! Starting with a final shot of the tent before the harvest at 66 days of Flowering:

IMG_262218.JPG

I decided to cure the harvest in plastic boxes instead of the net rack this time. By keeping the lids cracked and giving them some swirls of air a couple times per day, I was able to keep the humidity in the 60-80% range. After 7 days of drying on the stalks, I clipped the buds and jarred them up. They were still not fully dry, but I continued burping the jars and letting the buds air out on cardboard for a few hours each day. After a few days of that they seem to be stable in a jar with a humidipak. But 62% keeps them way more fresh than I thought - barely grindable. But soo much more sticky and dank smelling.

IMG_0082_-_Copy.JPG

Here are some closeups of the buds after trimming. This first one is a nug from the best plant in the tent, the Right-side BBW. A couple of its branches were broken during training so I didn't bother cloning it but that only seemed to make it stronger and now I'm kicking myself. The colas were the most dense and the most frosty, was a perfect mix of the WW and BB.

IMG_0057_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0070_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0065_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0072_-_Copy.JPG

This cola is from the center-back BBW, was massive! But not so dense.

IMG_0030158.JPG

I tried to keep the harvest of each plant separate, but my weight data became contaminated with sampling and results that were so unexpected that I'm not confident they're accurate. For example, the Sexbud was the best yielder, despite being in a corner of the tent and not having very large colas or a "Maximum" yield rating from the breeder. The Sexbuds were just very sticky and more numerous than I realized I guess. The center plant looked like a monster but ended up with a fairly average yield and average potency buds. In total I think it was a little over 10 ounces with 3 ounces of trim.

IMG_0094_-_Copy.JPG

I also got over 50 beautiful seeds! I thought only 2-3 plants were pollinated but indeed pretty much every plant had 5-15 seeds. The best BBW and the Sexbud had just 1-4 each. I'm loving the digital microscope. The seeds looked so cool, I took a bunch of pictures of them.

IMG_0047107.JPG
S20160223_0002.jpg
S20160223_0006.jpg
S20160223_0008.jpg
S20160223_0011.jpg

Thank you everyone for the guidance and encouragement this grow. Please join me for my 3rd grow which is sure to be my best yet! I've moved and have a larger tent with a new light! I'm going to be continuing the clones from this grow under Amare Tech's Solar Eclipse 450w LED + UVB. They're already exploding with growth; click here to check out the new journal!

2ndGrowLapse.gif

Nice work Versai! As a newer grower, I have decided to start my new seeds in soil. I was contemplating starting a Capn style hyrdo grow but I changed my mind after reading your journals and seeing your results. Keep up the good work and even better pictures!

:high-five: Hey man, welcome to :420:!

Thank you so much for taking the time to show support! I'm really glad these journals are helping you guys and demonstrating how interesting and enjoyable growing is! Sounds like you're getting setup in a 4x4? Would love to see you kick it off. Lemme know if you have any questions. Sending lumens your way!

Back
Top Bottom