2nd Grow - Acapulco Gold

Stvzie

Hi fellow growers,

Welcome Back, My Friends, to the Show That Never Ends ~ Ladies and Gentlemen (EML). Did the title give away my age? I graduated HS summer of 73 and began smoking herb at some point during the winter of 73/74. The Vietnam war was ending for America, Tricky Dick was on his way out, and my oh my the music!!! Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, EML, and many more bands were at their best.

Back then 3 fingered "lids" were 20 bucks for Mexican dirt bags, sometimes we got lucky and scored better Jamaican or Panamanian grade weed. If we got really lucky or could afford it, we scored Columbian Gold or Acapulco Gold which would blow our minds. It's really a crying shame that those pure landraces were not preserved.

So, in memory of those landraces I have decided my 2nd grow would be a Barney's Farm Feminized Acapulco Gold. And I do know it's not the same Acapulco Gold from the 60's and 70's. According to Barney's Farm we have a 30 /70 Indica/Sativa dominant mix promising a long lasting high with a relaxing stress reduction and upbeat effect.

Oh, and by the way, I haven't smoked Cannabis for over 20 years. (I did eat some fudge cakes made with canna-butter from the first grow cuttings (Candy Kush)). I am mostly growing for Grandma's medicine needs (she's a life long smoker of 86 years young now) and decided to try growing instead of buying from the streets.

The grow

Grow Box: 15" W x 11.5" L x 32" H
Lighting: 150 Watt UFO Led /about 12" away from plant. Getting about 900 lux
Humidity: Between 40 — 85%.
Temp: Between 75 — 93 F
Water: Reverse Osmosis (RO) filtered water
PH: 6.0
Soil: Fox Farms Happy Frog
Genetics: Barney's Farm Feminized Acapulco Gold
Start Date: 10/31/17

3 seeds were germinated (24 hour water soak) and placed into peat moss plugs. All 3 seeds began sprouting but 3rd seed was missing cotyledons/first serrated cannabis leaves (Decapitated). 2nd seed cotyledon leaves partially damaged/deformed and by 11/5/17 was falling over (weak stem). 1st and 2nd seedling were placed into 9 oz. Dixie cups but 2nd seedling didn't make it. (stem separated from roots)
1st seed is doing fine and was transplanted to 3 gallon cloth pots on 11/13/17.

Was kind of bummed out that 2 of the 3 seeds didn't make it, but can concentrate on this one plant for now. Am planning on a lot of LST on the plant, but will first be attempting a couple of toppings to see if I can keep plant short and bushy. First topping will occur later this week. Will also be following the Fox Farms feeding schedule.

Happy Growing :welcome:

IMG_20171104_172423.jpg

IMG_20171104_172441.jpg

IMG_20171104_172448.jpg

IMG_20171104_172500.jpg

IMG_20171105_152041.jpg

IMG_20171113_175024680_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171113_181505831_HDR.jpg

Good luck. Colombian Gold '72 is available from USC seeds over at Sannies. I ran it and it's legit. I think you and Grandma would love it.

I have a Snowhigh Acapulco Gold x Michoacan going right now. White light is better for the sativas if you can swing it. My opinion. The trippier of the strains were mostly grown at high elevations but right now I can not get my plants up to the mountains around here.

I started in '74 and also stopped for 20 years, as I was quitting cigarettes and pot made me want them too much. Growing weed is my favorite hobby now.

and my oh my the music!!! Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, EML, and many more bands were at their best.

A 75 grad here and never did stop smoking weed. I'll hang out a bit if you don't mind.
14572847_1793953077491671_7822389387571842078_n.jpg

Thanks for all the great comments, Columbian is one of the strains I've been wanting to grow, and also the Tangerine Dream. There's so many stains out there!!! :volcano-smiley: Maybe I'll let grandma pick one. :high-five: I began the the Fox Farms schedule earlier this week; mixed 2 tbls Big Bloom with gallon of water, no adverse affects noticed. So today I topped the girl, don’t have a lot of space and want a low bushy plant. Will wait a week or two and will plan on maybe a FIMM for the AG plant.

AG_Topping_11-18-172.jpg

AG_Topping_11-18-171.jpg

AG_Topping_11-18-17.jpg

Hi
So its been about 9 days since I topped plant, have 6 main stems growing. Today I topped the 2 main stems that grew out of the first topping and 4 other stems were Fimmed. Afterwards I applied more LST to my baby girl. In the first photo you can see the first topping and the 2 stems that grew from it. Think this will be my last topping on this plant.

Before_2nd_Topping_11-27-17.jpg

AG_Before_2nd_Topping_11-27-17.jpg

After_2nd_Topping_11-27-17.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I've had to top plants couple times since my last post again as I am running out of room. Switched to 12/12 schedule and CFL lighting (2700 K)about 2 weeks ago. Starting to see what I think are pre-flowers, but no pistils yet. Today I did some LST/super-cropping on the plant. Am continuing with the FF feeding schedule. Will try and upload some pics in a day or 2.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom