2nd grow but long time inbetween from 1st need help

@Backlipslide but since they have grew u havent changed my light should i move it up to keep same 24 inches to top of plant now?
@Emilya got you covered! :ciao:

I’m the same way, I like short bushy plants, rather then stretch/lengthy plants. So I would leave the light where it is, until they really start crowding up the light. You were at 24, I would wait till atleast 16-18” above plants before raising again.

I know others have answered that question, but I will say what I do as well, not that it’ll matter, but options are always nice.

I top above the 5th node, and I remove the bottom two, leaving three nodes in tact. Once the stretch of flower is over, and the bottom node doesn’t make it to the top canopy, I remove them when I lollipop my plants. Sometimes the third node reaches the top canopy so I leave them on, on occasion. See if I can find a pic.

74AD5487-D7BB-481B-BCFA-39D5521A69BB.jpeg

70BA4889-5DFA-4B19-97C4-919DBC4A3ACD.jpeg

AD2B6AD4-D5D8-4B3A-ADE2-445AB0B86C2B.jpeg

the next photo I’ll share with you, is shortly after I topped (I hope you don’t mind me posting these on your thread by the way) my apologies if you are, I can delete them if you want.

40721E82-A4A5-4E59-9396-0BD81F862360.jpeg

Here’s another picture of a plant for a good reference

AFF514A9-B6E4-43FA-9621-B51B80669963.jpeg

@jodyhighrollr your quad lineing at ehat node did you top? And when u first introduced to your lights mines at 24 did you raise your light as it grew to keep the 24 inch distance?
Hello. I know some people have answered with good advice. I honestly don’t measure the distance.. I put them under my leds I use for veg where I think it should be and if the plants show signs of stress I move them away from the plants a bit and if the leafs start to point upward towards like they are reaching for the light I move thee lights closer. I haven’t quadlined yet and my plants are jut getting to the point where I’ll leave to start training them but I’ve been following @Asesino85 on his quadline journal and I believe I read he grows them to 5 and then tops them right above the 4th node and keeps the 3rd and 4th and cuts off the 1st and 2nd. I would check out his thread lots of quadline knowledge in there.

@Backlipslide no thanks for the pictures i helps me out because ya i have super shortys and bushy u cant see the the hell i need to tie back so ill remove 1 n 2 nodes should give me a little more soace to see what im doing. Now i ran into an issue im sure its just water bc my new system hadnt arrived yet i used an old airlift bucket and added dwc to it but plant looks like its starting to brown or decay if nute block never seen this or nute deficiency. Im in class now but ill take pictures wheb i get , and waters a little cloudy which is off i rinsed the drip rings out and tubes to get any excess dried nutes and salt , so hoping just a water change will fix it looks to only happening to that one plant.

Yeah bro! Pictures always help! What are you going to school for? Your talking post secondary school, or university right?

I am going to tag in @West Hippie for the DWC questions. He’s a well known member who knows his stuff. He’s also going up for Member of the month! Well deserving for him!!

@Backlipslide no thanks for the pictures i helps me out because ya i have super shortys and bushy u cant see the the hell i need to tie back so ill remove 1 n 2 nodes should give me a little more soace to see what im doing. Now i ran into an issue im sure its just water bc my new system hadnt arrived yet i used an old airlift bucket and added dwc to it but plant looks like its starting to brown or decay if nute block never seen this or nute deficiency. Im in class now but ill take pictures wheb i get , and waters a little cloudy which is off i rinsed the drip rings out and tubes to get any excess dried nutes and salt , so hoping just a water change will fix it looks to only happening to that one plant.
Are you using Hydroguard in the DWC ? Your getting root rot . Flush the roots with ph water and change the bucket of water out . If it got too far you may need to double the Hydroguard amount !

@West Hippie never used hydroguard last time and havent this time. Roots are white doesnt look like any root rot, but ill definitely take ur advice and buy some this weekend i usually do 1 feeding a week and then water change 1once a week my 1st grow i used tap water that had sat out with a stone in it for 24 to 48 hrs but it would have 280 ppm after a day or 2 drops to 180 200 ish, and i always just had to ph down after nutes and what not a little lately ive been buying gallons of distilled so it has a ppm of like 3 to 7, but after nutes always ph up now. But ya never used hydroguard. Used hydroplex but i dont think until right before flipping or into flower.

@West Hippie never used hydroguard last time and havent this time. Roots are white doesnt look like any root rot, but ill definitely take ur advice and buy some this weekend i usually do 1 feeding a week and then water change 1once a week my 1st grow i used tap water that had sat out with a stone in it for 24 to 48 hrs but it would have 280 ppm after a day or 2 drops to 180 200 ish, and i always just had to ph down after nutes and what not a little lately ive been buying gallons of distilled so it has a ppm of like 3 to 7, but after nutes always ph up now. But ya never used hydroguard. Used hydroplex but i dont think until right before flipping or into flower.
There are others but I like Hydroguard and Z-7 ! I use Hydroguard through the whole grow and or Z-7 ! I quit the distilled water after the seedling stage and go to ro water !
Water temps above 70 degrees tend to grow things and The bacillus root inoculant can control it !

@West Hippie So the hydroguard will help with the bateria cause of warmer water? Ill get that this weekend. And whats the difference between reverse o and distilled? I mean only probs with tap water in the beginning i wasnt on forum was my 1st grow so i had nitrogen burn nute locks and then i got a tds figured it out and was good. But with the tap water and whats in it inwas doin around 7-800ppm but about 200 of that was wayer and not nutes now im at 650-750 with distilled which i think maybe a little high. But water temp is definitely 78 degrees. So i will get hydro guard. Now as far as water without spending 2 or 300 for an ro system i hook up to my sink what do you suggest? Buy spring water, drinking water, purified or distilled, or tap thats sat out and dechlorinated.?

@West Hippie So the hydroguard will help with the bateria cause of warmer water? Ill order it off amazon tonight. And whats the difference between reverse o and distilled? The ro systems i see at hardware store are like under sink mount ones and anywhere from i think like 150 to 400 bucks. So is their a cheap alternative to ro until i can get one? And is there one i can just like hook to a hose and use only when i need it or all of them meant for under sink mount? So mean while what can i use since i dont have an ro system. Then after this harvest for next which do you reccomend and do i need to be a plumber to hook it up or is it simple?

@Backlipslide its just a 67 hr course 64 of class and 3 hours forbthe test, pass test then you can take state test. You fail 1st u have to wait min of 30 days to retake fail again have ro retake wholw course. State test take as much as u want just a fee every time

@West Hippie So the hydroguard will help with the bateria cause of warmer water? Ill order it off amazon tonight. And whats the difference between reverse o and distilled? The ro systems i see at hardware store are like under sink mount ones and anywhere from i think like 150 to 400 bucks. So is their a cheap alternative to ro until i can get one? And is there one i can just like hook to a hose and use only when i need it or all of them meant for under sink mount? So mean while what can i use since i dont have an ro system. Then after this harvest for next which do you reccomend and do i need to be a plumber to hook it up or is it simple?
I was buying spring water 30ppm 6.3 ph then went RO . Now 20 ppm with 7.3 ph . I gave amazon $225 for my system !

@West Hippie so whats really the difference between spring distilled and ro? Is your ro hooked up underneath the kitchen sink?
Yes it’s the five stage system under the sink . Distilled water cost a $1 and the spring is 68 cents .
@West Hippie and until i can afford an ro system you suggest switch over to spring water
Understand the can afford part . The switch would be up to you . It may make you need more calmag at each feeding. Is this flood to waste or flood and drain ?

Back
Top Bottom