2nd Grow - CFL's - Exodus Cheese - LST/SCROG - Advice Always Welcome!

Re: 2nd grow. CFL's, Exodus Cheese, lst/scrog, advice always welcome!

Could it be that the damage I did to the roots when taking the peatpots off the towel, stunted their growth for a about a week or so ?

I think I damaged a 4 to 5 little roots, that had found their way into the towel, per plant. Since they where the growing tips, I figured it would be allright, but given this week delay I seem to have compared to my previous or other grows, I'm starting to think that might be the reason that there was no growth to speak of for about a week ?

Day 24

20140903_014323.jpg
20140903_014336.jpg
20140903_014346.jpg
20140903_014357.jpg
20140903_014416.jpg

Are we at day 24 from the beginning of germination? Or from sprout?

24 days after my mail order arrived .. and the seeds went swimming. I think that would be 24 days from germination, right ?

Ok, gotcha. I wanted to ask since I started excluding the time it takes to germinate, since that varied so much, and seemed to confuse folks a bit. Or maybe it just confused me lol. But I found it easier to count sprout forward, since all breeder info is based on from when it pops, not when water touches the seed.

They where sprouting within 24h, and above ground in 3 days. If it bothers people, they are 20 days above ground on the previous pictures. I'll switch to 'above ground' when reporting age.

Remember I was in coco, with peat pots and regular tap water ? My plants still looked much the same as on the previous pictures.
I decided to repot to regular soil and peel off the peatpot. Thus damaging the roots and taking a risk, but otherwise I would have had to atart using ph-ed watwr and prolly coco a+b .. which is budget wise not an option.

Im quite sure nute unavailability to the plants was my issue.

A day after repotting to soil:

20140917_124305.jpg
20140917_130511.jpg
20140917_130517.jpg
20140917_130536.jpg
20140917_130558.jpg

I repotted 2 days ago btw .. these are yesterdays pictures. Todays will folow ... journal seems back on track ;)

Looking better. Now in soil you shouldn't have to use nutes for 3-4 weeks. Just remember keep it simple. When you over complicate things it can cause more trouble than it's worth.

Work on a successful grow, and slowly branch out and try new things from there afterwards on following new grows.

looking good, consider feeding it only a root stimulator for a few weeks and then start feed at reduced rates; watch nitrogen use - Marijuan Growing Stages are:
Germination Stage - 1-7 days
Seedling Stage - 1-2 weeks
Vegation Stage - 1-2 mos' (average - can stay longer in that stage)
Pre-flower stage 1-2 weeks (average 10 days)
Flower Srage - 1-3 mo's (some sativa strains can take up-to 4 mo's

Yeah ... grow is back on track. Lessons learned: In anything but soil, PH that water. Reason being: the coco stuff has nutrients in it .. so the only logical reason for my plants looking like they did is them not being able to acces those nutes .. which can only be caused by wrong Ph level in this case .. I think ?

Anyways, girls are loving the soil .. here is repot to soil + 2 days:

20140918_224320.jpg
20140918_224328.jpg
20140918_224355.jpg
20140918_224405.jpg
20140918_224412.jpg

This just lost me a few weeks and some points for looks :p

just keep watering but do not overwater, by their looks:consider not watering for 2 days; in the seedling stage it's easy to overwater your babies. they look healthy need a change to dry a little

I'm subbed.
I have had similar issues with seeds from green house. Sorry to bring you bummer info.
I love the work they do, and I love their documentaries, but every time I germinate their seeds, this is what happens to me. It starts off very slow, and then they just die off at about a month. I don't know how they get theirs to work so well. I have only had one successful grow from start to finish,it was arjans haze #3 and the buds turned out horrible ( but that was my fault) it started off very slow too, anyways I'm curious to see your results compared to mine. Best of luck dude.

Heya Truck! Welcome aboard. I'm dead sure that I caused the issue myself. I started these in seeds in peat-pots, filled with coco (with mild nutes (7-4-7 or so NPK)

They surfaced pretty quick, and within a week, roots where growing in my towel that is catching the water leaking out of the peatpots. At this point I placed the peatpots in 7 liter pots, again filled with coco.

At this point the plants where as you can see on page 3. I was using regular tap water, without caring for Ph. I was not feeding them anything else.
I left them for 2 weeks .. by the end of week 2, lower leafs where dying, and the rest started to turn white.

At this point I knew they where not getting enough nutrients, and I remembered a Ph chart listing at what Ph the plants have access to which nutrients. My guess is that for a succesfull coco grow, one needs the correct Ph.

Given the fact that they are doing fantastic at this moment, 3 days after repot, I feel confident that my issue was Ph, not the seeds. They sprouted within 24h and where above ground on day 3 .. and seemed eager enough the first few days ...

Iḿ a rooky tho .. so if anybody thinks different, please help me learn :)

Back
Top Bottom