2nd Grow: Fruity Pebbles, Gorilla Zkittles, Peyote Critical & 3 More

Day 56 Well the cast came off yesterday and I am pretty achy but I have a splint for my wrist. I don’t have to keep it on at all times but I feel naked and a little nervous without something protecting it. So I start physio next week and have roughly 4 weeks where they will be working on its flexibility before they even really work on strengthening it. So enough about me, let’s talk about the girls. I have pretty much gone and done another defoliation of them all before tonight’s switch to 12/12. I trimmed some last night and they somehow look bushier today. Trying to figure out their final arrangement for the switch. I want the taller ones in the back and the shorter ones to the front for easier defoliating and watering later. Everyone is pretty much 5-6.5 inches tall with the training I did. Only Cinderella 99 has outgrown the top of her bag and the first easy candidate for the back of my tent. Thought about putting one of my SCROG nets up now but still not 100% sure if this is where everyone’s final spot in my tent will be. I’ll wait for a little bit of stretching before I do anything. So here are today’s pics before tomorrow’s big day

Day 58/Day 2 Flowering we’ll it has begun. Noticed my seam of the tent zipper door was leaking some light and didn’t want any hermies happening or foxtailing. Had my first grow and GSC foxtail on me and might of been because it was placed right where the zipper is. So the family just replaced some curtains and I took one of sheets and have it hanging up and covering where the leaks are. Anyways the plants have done a tiny bit of stretching but nothing big yet, but it’s a coming. Black Sugar I think is the most noticeable along with my Cinderella 99. Still no netting up yet but I think in a few days I should have some idea what to expect from my girls and their final resting spot. So now the pics

Day 61/5 Flowering So it looks like I have a phosphorus problem with a few of my girls. Noticed over the past couple of days on some leaves looking dark green and brown brittle in other spots on same leaf. So I added 2 tbsp of my sisters tomato trifecta to the pots of all my plant soil tops. Part of the problem is also my room humidity being pretty low once my humidifier turns off during lights off. I can keep it in the mid 40’s to low 50’s with lights on, but will wake up and find the tent down in the low 20’s. I even go down with a mister to boost the Rh every now then too, and reason I’m watering almost every 2 days. Although I needed to give my Gorilla Zkittlez a little drink today, as it sits in the middle of the tent and the lights. Probably added another inch to everyone’s growth since my last update. Plus my mainlining seems to be working nicely, and decided to roll down the sides of my bags to boost the airflow. Will see it everything above helps me out in a few days. So now the pics

Looking good buddy. Got a question for ya, does your GZ look droopy alot? My leaves look fine other than being droopy more and more. The growth seems to be ok still so I'm not really sure what to do.

With my switch over to flowering, yeah they seem droopy a lot more often. Like I said in my last post, they needed a drink yesterday but everyone else was fine. They just seem to be thirstier compared to everyone else in the tent. Again, could also be their placement under the lights. I might try moving them to the back corner and swap it with the Peyote Critical to see if there’s any continuing droopiness that you and I are seeing with our grow.

Im sorta glad yours is thirsty like mine are because i almost thought mine looked like they were droopy from being over watered even though I know I'm not over watering them. If that makes sense lol. I've also been thinking about moving mine just to see if it might help, take them out of the tent.

I was exactly like you in worrying that I was overwatering them, but the bag weight says other wise. So to help keep some moisture in and to help out with my phosphorus intake of my girls. I went to my local pet store and bought a bag of Alfalfa to cover the tops of my soil. It’s loose enough for airflow but with each watering I was also thinking it would leech out their beneficial nutrients for the plants as well. I expect a big difference in everyone tomorrow because I watered with BSM again, but I won’t use it as often in this early flowering stage. Will post pics of changes hopefully tomorrow or the following day

@EhCndGrower I notice you remove all lower growth when you top which I have read somewhere but I notice very little people do it have you tried both ways and have an opinion on one being better?

From reading on here and other various sites. This is suppose to encourage them to produce fatter cola growth, as it isn’t wasting energy on popcorn buds that won’t receive the benefits of the lights in the tent as it can’t penetrate through the top canopy of the grow. Plus it’s my 2nd grow and was going on pictures I had seen with other mainline grows online. My first grow had a ton of popcorn buds that sort of went to waste and hope this does what I’m hoping to do

From reading on here and other various sites. This is suppose to encourage them to produce fatter cola growth, as it isn’t wasting energy on popcorn buds that won’t receive the benefits of the lights in the tent as it can’t penetrate through the top canopy of the grow. Plus it’s my 2nd grow and was going on pictures I had seen with other mainline grows online. My first grow had a ton of popcorn buds that sort of went to waste and hope this does what I’m hoping to do
If you had more light penetration, like mine will be under the sun in two weeks until flowering would you still trim all extra nodes until the manifold is completed? I have seen lots of people that have done it each way and I will most likely try both I just thought I would try get opinions. Nice plants though i'm also growing a Gorilla Zkittlez.

If you had more light penetration, like mine will be under the sun in two weeks until flowering would you still trim all extra nodes until the manifold is completed? I have seen lots of people that have done it each way and I will most likely try both I just thought I would try get opinions. Nice plants though i'm also growing a Gorilla Zkittlez.

Well I’m under a HLG 600H Quantum Board, which is suppose to fill the required space for proper flowering, but nothing like the sun which is more intense and gradually moves throughout the day. Most of my info for trying the mainline technique was found here Seems like it would be up to you, and the amount of training you would want to do. My GZ has one extra node then most of my other girls. Forgot to trim her off and well thrived like everyone else, and has been lollipopped like everyone else. Grows like everyone else because it’s still on the mainlined stem, and I would trim to build a nice even canopy. I guess you don’t need to SCROG if mainlining is your grow technique because everyone has been trained to be its own cola. Some pics I took this morning of my GZ plant

Hey I figured out what my problem was, I turned my light down and within 15 minutes I could see them starting to perk back up and within 8 hours they are back to growing normally. They sure are keeping me busy lol, which I honestly enjoy. So thanks for giving me the thought of moving them which led to me thinking to try turning the light down instead. I also appreciate the conversation, I enjoy just talking about growin in general so when it turns out to be a big help that's icing on the cake.

Day 63/7 Flowering Ok so I did a few things since my last full update. I started yesterday going to my local pet store and bought a bag of Alfalfa. I then took it and spread the alfalfa on the top of the soil of each of my plants. I did this because of the beneficial nutrients it would provide with each watering, especially the phosphorus that seem to be lacking in my grow due to the low Rh even with my humidifier on and misting every few hours. Since I haven’t put my SCROG netting up, I moved everyone closer together around the humidifier. They also needed a watering yesterday and so I gave them a drink, along with the return of blackstrap molasses. They responded very nicely this morning with everyone gaining at least an inch in growth. Moving them closer together along with the alfalfa, seems to be helping keep my Rh up. Checked around 11:30 this morning and my Rh was in the low 30’s and not the low 20’s before yesterday’s changes. Misted my tent walls and let things be, and my Rh was still in the low 50’s almost 5 hours later :) I also dialed back my QB lights maybe 15-20% like what @CookieMonster420 is doing with his grow. Will see if it help my Gorilla Zkittlez from loosing the moisture so fast under the lights, and up them again when the buds start showing. So I guess I shall let everyone know with my next update. So now the pics

Day 66/10 Flowering Well I won’t lie, I’m in a worrying phase. Plants aren’t stretching and leaves are dying and turning yellow. So my leaves have indicated like I said earlier phosphorus problems and turns out nitrogen&calcium problems as well. So I went ahead and bought some Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and some Advance Nutrients Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra for today’s watering. You can really see it on my Peyote Critical plant for my problems. I’m almost tempted (but won’t) switch it back to a vegging light cycle in fear of turning my plants into Hermies. So hopefully my next update I’ll be in a better and happier place with better pics to share. So for now, my latest pic update

Are your bags lifted at all? I saw another fella on here with a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, and his bags needed to be lifted, because the water couldn't run out the bottom, causing his roots to suffocate.

Are your bags lifted at all? I saw another fella on here with a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, and his bags needed to be lifted, because the water couldn't run out the bottom, causing his roots to suffocate.

They are not lifted but they are pretty much dry out after 2 days in the tent at the moment. Didn’t have them lifted on my first grow and they all grew pretty well, but had summer like humid weather for most of that grow unlike this one. Even needed a dehumidifier for a few times in November as the RH was staying in the 60’s in the flowering stage, even outside my tent in the basement. Again I think once the phosphorus is taken in, I should see some improvement. Hell, I might even see a big change tomorrow like after all my waterings with Blackstrap Molasses. Would usually see a nice stretch and fuller looking canopy the next day and here’s hoping the same with these nutrients

Day 68/12 Flowering A slight sigh of relief with my girls, as the nutrients seem to be what just what they needed. Plants already look healthier and greener and are starting to grow taller again. My Black Sugar phosphorus issues seems the most obvious to me in improvement. It was growing uneven, even with slight training I did in this slightly messier mainline. Today the plant canopy looks almost completely even, height wise. Peyote Critical is also showing a nice change for the better colour wise. Some looked slightly yellowish and today seem to look a bit greener. So hopefully they keep up the good work and don’t scare the shit out of me again. God this feels like golfing. You can have a terrible outing but one good thing happens and keeps you coming back for more. So now my pics

Day 71/15 Flowering wanted to update yesterday but my girls were in desperate need of a drink and thought they would look more photogenic today, and they are. Only a tiny bit of stretching has happened with everyone, like half inch to an inch. They will need a good defoliating next week, or should I do it now cause it’s only the start of week 3? Will also probably set my netting up this week or next, depending on when I do the defoliating. Did a little bit tonight but nothing major, handful or 2 of leaves removed but most were damaged leaves that couldn’t be fixed with new nutrients. Being so bushy looking I think is helping my RH as it was high 30’s when I checked in this morning. Also tried keeping them spread apart slightly in their training structure tonight. Seems to work at first but the branches are stronger/sturdier now and keep lifting the metal pegs out of the soil. So here are today’s pics before I tried retraining them again.

9EA96AAE-DBC3-4E00-93D2-99A9B48AE061.jpeg

B24F04C4-25A8-48BE-862E-9F7E8158DE54.jpeg

AA0F5E5F-4058-4008-A18C-D28F3B75467A.jpegDB5456C9-33A5-4775-B154-B08F202BE029.jpegBB99CD1F-99FC-4BE1-BF7F-F8068FFA41DF.jpeg2D1A44AE-3F2E-4751-9607-C12908FBBE88.jpeg68AFD0DB-F822-4319-86DB-308121C55F0A.jpeg4635EB1D-93ED-4806-AB2C-5946DBA4295D.jpeg620A92C2-A149-4988-9EE4-F26EFAE22697.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom