2nd Grow Girl Scout Cookies - XXX Bubba & MadMan OG - Roots Organic

Girls are looking good man. They could definitely use more light though

Thanks man. They've really responded well to everything I have done. I just gave her a big jump in nutes today. I'll see if I can can squeeze some more lighting in my budget. I was planning on getting some in a week or two, but you're right about needing more hopefully I can get some today, but overall I am already seeing a huge difference in possible yield compared to non scrog. Only issue I've ran into is a small amount of fungus gnats flying around

Yeah, they sell bags of sand for a couple bucks each
Hey peyton and/or sphinx, I just found two male flowers on my bubba. I might have caught them just a little too late looks like they might have bursted open. I pinched both of them off. Is my garden fucked? Please help. What should I do? should i let it run its course and keep picking them off since its pretty late in flower?

I would pick them off. There's a chance your plants are pollinated, and you'll know soon enough if they are. But no sense in stressing over something you can't change. I would pull all the plants out and wipe everything with bleach to get rid of any pollen. The pollen will naturally die in about a week. But I would treat them as if they aren't pollinated and pick off any sacks and clean that flower room up really good.

And regardless off what happens, you can always make oil and wax and whatnot from it

Not too mention the seeds you'll get :) Bubba Kush X GSC would be so bomb

Thanks man, sucks everything was going well, maybe I should've checked them more thoroughly everyday. Wasn't able to do anything but pick them off because I had to go to work, but what is the worst case scenario here? They all end up with seeds or are my girls gonna just be crappy smoke?

The plant will focus on making seeds instead of bigger buds, but other than that it should still be fine for smoking. Takes about 3 to 4 weeks to make viable seeds. I wouldn't worry about that tiny seed looking thing, I've had plants that had those inside and they weren't seeds

The plant will focus on making seeds instead of bigger buds, but other than that it should still be fine for smoking. Takes about 3 to 4 weeks to make viable seeds. I wouldn't worry about that tiny seed looking thing, I've had plants that had those inside and they weren't seeds

Ah I see, hopefully that's not the case. Gotta get more lights asap now lol. So is it possible that it didn't affect the whole garden? Maybe only a couple bud sites?

Anything's possible. I guess it really depends on how good your air circulation is in there. If it's blowing good through that area, it probably got everything. But then again there's always the chance you caught it in time. Did you see any dust below where the pods were?

Ah I see, hopefully that's not the case. Gotta get more lights asap now lol. So is it possible that it didn't affect the whole garden? Maybe only a couple bud sites?

Best way I could describe it is The first pod that I saw was a yellow calyx looking thing that seemed to have busted had some pistils coming out of it. The 2nd one that I saw was like a calyx that bursted as well but had about 3 yellowish bananas on it didn't look like it bursted or anything. I didn't notice any powder when I got pretty close to it looking for more. Is the powder pretty obvious?

I also want to add is that they were literally about an inch from each other. I inspected everything and didn't see any others.

Yeah, I think it becomes an angry bubba

Lol good one. 2 more nanners at the budsites so I just took out the whole thing since they were going to be tiny anyway. So far it seems like everything is happening in the lower area. Hope fully they stop.

Day 51 - Day 30 Flowering
IMG_036041.JPG
IMG_035936.JPG
IMG_035837.JPG
IMG_035730.JPG
IMG_035429.JPG

So any updates? You been quiet too long lol.

Lol wayyyy too long. Been crazy busy at work and finishing up school. My bad on that. Kinda sucks that I only have an audience of two people lol Anyways, I had to harvest about a week earlier than expected. Yesterday coming home from work I saw a paper from the landlord stating that they will be conducting their annual inspection which I believe is normal from what I have read. So I went ahead and chopped them all down. Luckily, I was already at the end of harvest. My garden looked like shit once the OG's started really packing weight everything started tipping over. Maybe because I didnt have a fan above?

MadMadOGs: Came out superb man, definitely some Grade A+ Kush. Turns out the genetics are FireOG crossed with LA Confidential. Im a huge fan of Bubba's and LA Con's just love that floral taste and smell. Definitely more OG Dominant though. The yield is ridiculous, I can only image having enough space and time to veg. Definitely got a couple ounces or so from two plants. Not really sure yet.

GSC: Looks like some pretty good GSC not the best but definitely some fire. The tops seemed to have finished first most likely because this particular strained probably needed much more veg time. Yield was decent I guess, probably got maybe a zip or less. Wasnt able to scrog this strain cause it didnt stretch like the MadManOG's.

XXX Bubba: Complete disappointment on this one. Smell is there, no frost. I think I may have overwatered her in addition to her possibly focusing on making seeds like you said. Pulled out her male flowers and didnt see any after. But when I trimmed her I found a male flower with bananas possibly didnt bust open. I probably only got a quarter from her. But like I said I was disappointed with this one and its likely my fault.

Conclusion: The ScrOG method works 100%. My yields were ridiculously huge compared to my first grow without scrogging but strain is likely a factor as well. BioBizz trio of nutrients along with my tap water worked just perfect. The chart I had seemed to be perfect. I just wonder if I even needed any other nutrients. Roots Organic Original Mix is awesome for sure. although what they say about the fungus gnats in this soil is completely true. Heres a bunch of photos I've taken. I have some more Ill post later from november lol. Let me know what you think. I am kinda fucked with the drying since I cant really hang them while knowing they will be inspecting within the next two days. So I literally have the OG's drying with the paper bag method, and the others in cardboard boxes with plently holes for air flow. I have all them in my car when I go to work LOL. I leave all my windows cracked open since its pretty chilly and somewhat windy. I will let you know what happens, I am a little worried about mold but the two methods seem to work pretty well right now. I'd like to add I only used 192 watts of CFLs 50/50 6500k and 2700k. My CFLS were pretty spread out as well so the OG's essentially mostly were under 92 except the colas that were reaching to the other 4. I didnt want to raise my bill any more even though it wasn't much anyway so I decided to proceed with the lights I already had.

IMG_035730.JPG
IMG_035837.JPG
IMG_035936.JPG
IMG_036041.JPG
IMG_046831.JPG
IMG_050422.JPG
IMG_050622.JPG
IMG_050919.JPG
IMG_051527.JPG
IMG_056629.JPG
IMG_056824.JPG
IMG_056927.JPG