2nd Grow Girl Scout Cookies - XXX Bubba & MadMan OG - Roots Organic

BrokeSmokes

What's up guys! Alright, so I just harvested my first grow about 2-3 weeks ago which unfortunately, I grew with Miracle Gro Moisture Control which I will be making a thread shortly for the 1st timers. Anyways, I am beginning my 2nd grow. I picked up 4 clones from the Clone shop out here in LA County. Also, just picked up some Roots Organic Original Blend. Since I picked up rooted clones I did not want to risk getting hot soil. Also decided to go all organic. From my understanding Roots Organic is pretty damn good soil and I likely won't need to feed for 1 month or so. Any body have any experience with this soil? I have the clones starting off in party cups with holes cut on the bottom. I plan to transplant as soon as they are big enough to go into my tent with is about 48x24x60. I am currently debating on what kind of lighting that is cost efficient and efficient for vegging. I am thinking of getting 2ft 6-8 bulb T5 light fixture with CFL's for side lighting. What do you guys think? I have seen some pretty huge buds grow from T5's on here somewhere. Here's some details on my grow:

A Little Info on Roots Organic Potting Soil: (Hydroponic Supplies | Foothill Hydroponics Inc.)
A truly exceptional ready-to-use coco fiber-based potting soil. We begin with the highest quality coco fiber/Coir which is repeatedly washed for low EC, and composted. This soil is amended with organic ingredients including bat guano, earth worm castings, fish bone meal, feather meal, green sand, mycorrihzae, glacial rock dust, soybean meal, humic acid, and many more. Comes in a heavy-duty, ready-to-grow, 1.5 cu ft/10 gal bag; simply poke holes in the bottom, cut off the top, and plant.

Strains: 1xGirl Scout Cookies, 1xXXX Bubba, and 2xMadMan OG
Indoor or outdoor: Indoor
Soil or Hydro?: Soil
If soil... what is in your mix?: Roots Organic Potting Soil
If soil... What size pot?: Currently in Dixie Cups, but plan to get big enough pots since my grow tent is pretty damn big.
Size of light?: Currently using 92w 6500K CFL's til they get big enough for bigger pots. Will upgrade when I transplant.
Temp of Room: 70-85 (Just started Fall so this temps should be ideal when I get my tent set up and the plants are big enough.
RH of Room/cab: 40%-65%
PH of media: Watering with 7.0pH tap water. Runoff 4.5-4.7 pH (Is this good to start with?)

Alright so, what I am hoping to get from you guys is your recommendations on nutrients and lighting. Any good Organic Nutes out there? I am hoping to upgrade my lighting to get some T5's or just get a 250w HPS both with CFLs for side lighting. I really don't want to go too high on the wattage since I currently live in apartments and also worried about heat and electricity. Also, do I treat my ROOTED clones the same as seedlings or as plant grown from seed, if that makes any sense? Spent $10.00 bucks each for them so I definitely don't want to waste money and time.

Thank you guys in advance, hopefully you guys will subscribe and help me out since this is the first time I am going to be feeding on my own rather than MG doing it. Any tips, suggestions, comments are greatly appreciated.

Stay High! :thanks:

20140927_2200321.jpg

Would love to have the CFLs closer but this is the closest possible with a clamp
20140928_183745.jpg

Re: 2nd Grow Girl Scout Cookies, XXX Bubba, and MadMan OG - Roots Organic

Make sure and spray them clones down. most of the time when people get pest problems, it's from bought clones

Make sure and spray them clones down. most of the time when people get pest problems, it's from bought clones
Ah hmm i dont have a spray bottle at the moment. I just figured the water droplets would be a problem with the light. Hopefully they are pest free. I dont want to leave the shop bad reviews on -------- etc it definitely hurts them a bit. anyway, would it be sufficient to drop or slighty pour water on it?

In not sure about that. I keep mine with dome on and every couple days I'll flick the top and it will sprinkle water on the leaves. I just meant spray them with something like sns to make sure they didn't bring in any pests.

In not sure about that. I keep mine with dome on and every couple days I'll flick the top and it will sprinkle water on the leaves. I just meant spray them with something like sns to make sure they didn't bring in any pests.
Oh these clones have been fully rooted when I bought them so no need for the dome if I'm not mistaken. What exactly is SNS?

Day 5:

They all are growing pretty damn fast. I'm planning on topping them when do you normally top your plants? Also my GSC plant's lower leaves seem to be dying is this normal? Although, the new growth looks nice and lush.

*edit 1st photo came out a bit blurry
20141001_205652.jpg
20141001_2003491.jpg
20141001_2003261.jpg
20141001_2003221.jpg

Looks like nute splash on the leaves. From seed I usually top them when they get to the fifth node, and strip the first two nodes. Haven't topped a clone yet, but I might try it with one of my PC

Looks like nute splash on the leaves. From seed I usually top them when they get to the fifth node, and strip the first two nodes. Haven't topped a clone yet, but I might try it with one of my PC

Any idea what I should do? Cut off the dead portions? It seems to be spreading slowly

As long as 50 percent of the leaf is still green, I leave it cause it can still do is job. But after that I just yank em

Day 8:

One of the Madman OG's are growing really fast. They seem to be doing well considering the heat since friday.

How many nodes is this so far? Also, I previously used clear cups so I was able to examine the roots. In this case, when should I transplant?

20141005_184414.jpg
20141005_184357.jpg
20141005_184345.jpg
20141005_184340.jpg
20141005_184336.jpg
20141005_184332.jpg

I give a little squeeze about 1 to 2 inches up and feel how tight it is. If it doesn't really give in, the roots are swirling and ready for transplant

Thanks. How many nodes is this?

I squeeze the cup about an inch up, sorry I wasn't more specific. But feel how tight the cup is and that'll let you know if it's a root mass in there. I usually do it at week 3 regardless

I squeeze the cup about an inch up, sorry I wasn't more specific. But feel how tight the cup is and that'll let you know if it's a root mass in there. I usually do it at week 3 regardless

Haha no man I understood you. Thanks! I actually meant how many nodes does the plant have? Clones grow a little different than from seed don't they?

Haha no man I understood you. Thanks! I actually meant how many nodes does the plant have? Clones grow a little different than from seed don't they?

Yeah they do, and it looks like you have roughly 6 nodes on each at the moment.

And the BEST way to get rid of mites is predator mites. All natural, not systemic, and once all of the predator mites are done eating they leave and die. They don't each your plants at all. But it really doesn't look like you have any pest issues from your pictures.

All subbed up, you're doing great!

Yeah they do, and it looks like you have roughly 6 nodes on each at the moment.

And the BEST way to get rid of mites is predator mites. All natural, not systemic, and once all of the predator mites are done eating they leave and die. They don't each your plants at all. But it really doesn't look like you have any pest issues from your pictures.

All subbed up, you're doing great!

Awesome info man thanks! She definitely getting transplanted today. Now, since there is roughly 6 nodes and I am about to transplant, should I wait til it starts growing in the new pots to top them or can I top then transplant?

Day 10:
20141007_092730.jpg

Your plants look great!

Just be careful with roots though, the soil is usually filled with fungus gnats and they're a pain to get rid of. I had a couple but lucky for me, the little bastards just disappeared haha..

Anyways.. subbed :) Mine checking out my journal?

Back
Top Bottom