2nd Grow: Glueberry & Pineapple Express

My concern Reave's is exactly as you mentioned earlier with overwatering. I know when I first started growing I felt like the plants had to be watered all the time. I think @actionjackson512003 is doing the same thing and has caused this stunting of growth. I know he mentioned he let them dry out then gave them their first real feeding but that has only been since Friday and I dont think they could have dried out that much in that time, Promix or not.
That's why it's hard to advise because you have to go by what the grower is feeling or seeing. They say it dried out and I can't argue that but I can state what I see in current pics.

I gave it at least 48 hours from when my wife last watered, I realized that all I was giving them was RO water and with that nutrients not really being in the soil I thought they were also really hungry as well. From the last picture post the soil was still wet from the feeding I gave late last night, I am going to give it a few days before watering again

There's a saying most growers like to follow and it's simply 'Listen to the plants'. You plant will tell you when it needs something or has too much or another. The cotys turning yellow are indicators the plants is hungry but yours are still nice and green. There's no other signs of needing food yet so let the plant do it's thing now and just be patient.
Weighing the pots by hand after watering and before will give you an idea as to when. You should be able to lift them without any effort.
Now yours being seedlings you need to water away from the stem. Apply a circle of water around the stem about 2 inches away. You want the roots to search for the water, not the other way around.

Well day 17, some growth, wife did an amazing job listening and watered twice while I was gone. The best part was that she just gave it plain water so now its soaking wet with no nutrients and the leaves are starting to yellow. Was thinking about doing a solo cup grow, so maybe I'll throw these ladys into smaller containers and start over with the bigger pots. I'm home for the holidays then taking them up to my work house, wife is not coming near them again, lol.
20191220_130547.jpg
20191220_130536.jpg
20191220_130507.jpg
20191220_130446.jpg

wife did an amazing job listening and watered twice while I was gone. The best part was that she just gave it plain water so now its soaking wet with no nutrients and the leaves are starting to yellow.
:rofl: I'm laughing at the way you said it. Well I'm sure she meant no harm. She's used to seeing plants want water, but this is a weed and it has to dry out. What needs to happen is a proper wet/dry cycle. Welcome back and enjoy the holidays!

I’ve never grown autos. Is it recommended to start in 5 gal pots?
A lot of people usually say to start with your final pot, because of the short vegetation period you want to limit the amount of shock time to the plant. Mine has been stalled I think to much, so I think they'll be small plants, size and yeild. That's why I want to start over and have them as corner filler plants and put them in small containers

Day 27, so decided to leave them in their pots, pretty bummed out that I cant top these ladys, figure with the wife over watering them stalled them about a week. Actually nice smell coming off of the pineapple express, no sign of flowering yet which is good, gave a couple good feedings in the last week
20191227_101137.jpg
20191227_101130.jpg
20191227_101121.jpg
20191227_101106.jpg

Good stuff. I have to calculate that in metric to see if you're on the right path. It's about 2L every three days. Might still be a little soon but they're not drooping which is good. You must notice after a couple of days of watering that they really start to perk up and 'prey' to the lights. That's the roots happy down low!

Nice job!

Day 37, and plenty of growth, the ladys have reacted well to the LST. Thought I'd show the dry soil to get @MrSauga going lol. It's been 4 days since the last feed doing close to 2 litres to each plant giving them each about:
4ml of flora gro,
2.5ml of flora micro,
1.25ml of liquid kool bloom
2.5ml of calmag

Going to do a light defol to the ladys over the weekend as well.
20200109_191805.jpg
20200109_191746.jpg
20200109_191731.jpg
20200109_191717.jpg

Back
Top Bottom