2nd Grow: Glueberry & Pineapple Express

Thought I'd show the dry soil to get @MrSauga going lol.
Oh man, you're my best friend now brutha!

Seriously, you're killing it now. Nice and healthy and they actually look like they want some water.

It's been 4 days since the last feed doing close to 2 litres to each plant giving them each about:
That sounds just about right. Now as they get bigger you'll need to watch for changes in the amount they are taking. It could be they need 3L soon over four days or 2L over 3 days. If you count how much you put in next time until a small runoff and document it then you can gauge a little better too!

Good job AJ!

Oh man, you're my best friend now brutha!

Seriously, you're killing it now. Nice and healthy and they actually look like they want some water.

That sounds just about right. Now as they get bigger you'll need to watch for changes in the amount they are taking. It could be they need 3L soon over four days or 2L over 3 days. If you count how much you put in next time until a small runoff and document it then you can gauge a little better too!

Good job AJ!
Thanks buddy appreciate it, I'm trying to not have to rely on my wife to water them while im away at work, eventually I know I'll have to water more, so I actually cut back on the water today. Gave them about 11/4 litres each with the same amount of nutrients as I posted earlier, so that I can water again Sunday and then leave it for the 4 days I'm away at work.

Down the road if you're a DIY type of guy there's some good threads on auto drip systems around here. It might be the ticket for you if you're away for stretches at a time.

This is exactly what my next project is going to be.

I need a better way to water when on vacation

Down the road if you're a DIY type of guy there's some good threads on auto drip systems around here. It might be the ticket for you if you're away for stretches at a time.
Yeah I was thinking of doing that, money has been tight the last year, and the nutrients I have they say you shouldn't pre mix, it would probably be fine with a bubbler or something to keep the nutrients from settling, but I've been trying to keep a constant grow with what I have. I was looking into the floraflex system, but from a couple user pics the water trays look like they can get mouldy quick

This is exactly what my next project is going to be.

I need a better way to water when on vacation
Dutchman has a pretty good system... I think it may be, or similar to, what AJ was describing. He's really only begun using it but might be worth your while, when you're ready, to pick his brain.

Got bored and did some more bending on the glueberry to spread out the limbs a bit, the limbs aren't long enough on the pineapple express so I'll just stay up on the light defoliation. Was wondering though if I should add my second light since the plants are all spread out now?
20200111_133520.jpg
20200111_133235.jpg
20200111_133226.jpg

Was wondering though if I should add my second light since the plants are all spread out now?
I'd think you would be OK. That's a total 900w led, so maybe pulling 300 from the wall. Raise both lights about 6 inches and let them get used to the added light. You can always bring it down. The point is to prevent damage so higher is better for now.

Day 44 and thirsty!! Definitely have to feed sooner, Sunday morning was her last feed now it's time to make the decision to bring them to my work house or not its 2.5 hours away so would that maybe shock them? Anyways real good growth, have already started to cut a few of the big fan leaves off.
20200116_203223.jpg

Glueberry
20200116_203207.jpg

Pineapple express
20200116_203134.jpg

Glueberry
20200116_203127.jpg

Pineapple express
20200116_203105.jpg

Glueberry
20200116_203056.jpg

Pineapple express

Sunday morning was her last feed now it's time to make the decision to bring them to my work house or not its 2.5 hours away so would that maybe shock them?
Will they be warm? Not hit by wind? They'll take a hit but I'm not sure how bad. Keep the bumps to a minimum and make sure they are supported well so they don't bend or break the stalks.

Will they be warm? Not hit by wind? They'll take a hit but I'm not sure how bad. Keep the bumps to a minimum and make sure they are supported well so they don't bend or break the stalks.
I'm thinking I would probably throw big garbage bags over them and throw them in the back seat of my truck, I keep the truck at about 19/20 degrees when I drive, no wind, roads are pretty good. It's up sauble beach way

I'm not sure if you can get a tomato type cage or something to keep the bag propped up off the plants. You should be OK but then again anything can happen when moving plants.
I love Sauble...beautiful up that way!
Think I'm leaning towards allowing the wife the responsibility lol, cant afford to stunt these ladys again. Yeah love it up there, I would move in a second but the wife wont allow it, can get pretty nasty in the winter.

Added the second light, to get more coverage, but it made the temperature jump, its sitting at 88 degrees fahrenheit 31 degrees celsius, is that to hot? I've blocked my air vent in the room, closed the door and opened the electrical closet where it's pure concrete so its cool, but doesnt do anything to inside the tent.
20200117_164812.jpg

Think I'm leaning towards allowing the wife the responsibility
The plants can handle a bit of overwatering now so I say you're better off leaving them with your wife :)
its sitting at 88 degrees fahrenheit 31 degrees celsius, is that to hot?
The trick is to make sure your RH is OK at those temps. The VPD chart below shows you should be around 65-70% as a guide. Over 90F and it's not good for your plant in an enclosed area like a tent.

1579300984340.png

The plants can handle a bit of overwatering now so I say you're better off leaving them with your wife :)

The trick is to make sure your RH is OK at those temps. The VPD chart below shows you should be around 65-70% as a guide. Over 90F and it's not good for your plant in an enclosed area like a tent.

1579300984340.png
Lol leaving them with her its bound to happen.

So now, following that chart with my wife will be tricky I'm right on the cusp of the danger zone so that means the humidifier is going to be going full board basically so emptying quick and it's hard enough getting the wife to do it morning and night.

What do the small numbers mean inside the chart?

What do the small numbers mean inside the chart?

That's the actual value of the VPD(Vapor Pressure Deficit) and really means nothing for the grower. At night the temps drop so figure out what that night temp is and find something that covers both ranges. If your tent is 88 during the day it requires 70% RH. If you drop 10 degrees at night to 78F then 62.5% RH is at the high end. 62.5 however covers both ranges so that's what you would set it for.
Plants like a 10-15 degree temp swing. You don't want to exceed that for periods of time, so if you are at 88 during the day and 65 during the night it may become stressful on the plant depending on how sensitive it is.

That's the actual value of the VPD(Vapor Pressure Deficit) and really means nothing for the grower. At night the temps drop so figure out what that night temp is and find something that covers both ranges. If your tent is 88 during the day it requires 70% RH. If you drop 10 degrees at night to 78F then 62.5% RH is at the high end. 62.5 however covers both ranges so that's what you would set it for.
Plants like a 10-15 degree temp swing. You don't want to exceed that for periods of time, so if you are at 88 during the day and 65 during the night it may become stressful on the plant depending on how sensitive it is.
I keep the lights on 24/7 so there is no fluctuation, so maybe I'll try for around 67 r, but I'll have to see how long the tank on the humidifier lasts at that temp, and pressure the wife to check it.

Back
Top Bottom