20200208_180201.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 20200207_131831.jpg
    20200207_131831.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 20200205_102042.jpg
    20200205_102042.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 158
Ok, well I guess I gave to start over with my introduction... maybe I'll just keep it simple.

One seed, from The Single Seed Centre, now called Homegrown Cannabis Co with Kyle Kushman. Soaked in distilled water less than 24 hours then poured into a towel and squeezed to damp and back in the jar another 36 hours on top of my 82F router.

With a 1 inch root now ready to put into soil but given a little too much water and not enough light first few days while cleaning my tent and finally put under the Mars Hydro TS600 yesterday at around 15 inches and done breeze to strengthen.

I'll post another pic tomorrow after transplanting to the 1 gallon fabric pot. Letting it dry out one more day.

Veg day 6 (or 7?)

Ok, got the little girl transplanted and a little happier I think. I wasn't that impressed with her root structure, but I kept it in one piece thankfully and laid her down in the new pot with some mychorrizae. I sprayed the sides of the new hole with distilled water and tried to sprinkle enough to stick. I also added some rooting hormone so I could give her a little extra boost, plus I sprayed about an inch of her stem and dusted that with the rooting hormone so she could be deeper in the pot with less spindlyness (or ganglyness if you prefer). I did want to note that the soil I;m using is re-used from the previous grow combined with extra perlite and worm castings, a small percentage of the remaining "Premium All Purpose Potting Soil ('PAPPS')", and @Vulx. (~1 gallon 'PAPPS, 7 gallons of my coco-mix, 8qts of perlite, 1.6 lbs of @Vulx). I'm trying to make something similar to what @Emilya uses. I think I used too much @Vulx, but it can't hurt, right?

I only watered with very dilute MC boost of < 1/2g per gallon) around the very edge of the pot, maybe 4-5 oz total, just to get some dampness in there away from the stem to let the roots stretch. We'll see what happens...this is about 7 hours after transplant. It's hard to judge her size, but the big leaves are a little more than 1.5 inches long each.

When do y'all call the first day of veg? When the first set of leaves after cotyledon are visible?

20200210_203919.jpg
20200210_203935.jpg20200210_204803.jpg

@Teddy Edwards, I had a whole description and other images attached...where did it go?
Looks like you made a number of edits to the post and you left them behind along the way.

No matter, she's looking fine. :thumb:

I gave the girl a little water with some MC yesterday around the edge, less than a cup total. I want the roots to reach out for moisture and food. I will wait to give her some more until morning as things are looking fine and I don't want her to be too wet. She's grown a bit the last 24 hours and I expect to start seeing the third node coming out tomorrow if things progress as they have so far. I think the transplant might have stunted her for a day, but she's catching to already. First and second photo are 5 hours apart.
20200212_175642.jpg

20200212_223054.jpg

Veg day 10

Ok, here we are about 38 hours after last update...she's starting to take off. I gave her a good 6-8 oz of drink last night and watching growth. I expect an explosion soon and will up the MC dose to 1g/G for the next feeding. Second photo shows some powder residue from the rooting hormone...nothing to worry about. I need to start posting near the same time to be consistent day of growth. Will likely push these installments until later in the day from now on.

20200214_120544.jpg

Node 3 is now easily seen and we can start to see the little sites for branches that are coming out on both nodes 1 and 2...very exciting times!
20200214_120536.jpg

Given this is my only plant this round, I haven't decided to grow a monster with extended veg, or try and flower as early as possible to make this a short(er) grow. Golden Tiger can have a very long flower cycle (16+ weeks) so I may take advantage of that time to let her stretch in flower with some veg nutes for the first 2-3 weeks after flip for a "grow/veg" transition. I've got family coming coming for my kid's graduation first week of june, so I expect I may have to put the tent in the dark for longer than I hope and figure out a stronger odor removal system...

Veg day 12

Welp I decided to do what I had thought about in December, and dropped a Dark Devil Auto seed into some distilled water and will put into my same soil mix that the GT is in. Will still proceed with light flip in about 4-5 weeks when GT is is at 6-7 weeks, so we'll see how an auto responds to light flip. I realize it's not necessary (and some say detrimental), but I've got plenty of all kinds of seeds, so if I sacrifice an ounce come harvest, whatever. If I can get 2oz from her, I'll consider that success.

She got a good deep watering with ~1g/G MC today. Only watered the edges with about 12-16oz of water (not sure measuring is really that important) and let the inside area draw it in by itself. Some drops came out the bottom, nothing on the sides, so I think it was good amount. Next watering in 2-3 days will be a full drench I think, depending on her size.
20200216_184040.jpg

And decided to check on the pot size for the DDA...pretty sure it's a 2 gallon...don't feel like using a whole 7G for that one and really don't want to buy anything else right now...I already spend too much on random shit.
20200216_184049.jpg

Speaking of random shit I buy, I got these cool cobalt blue "4oz" containers that fit an 1/8 quite nicely without any squishing...something for long term storage and gifts. :)
20200216_145110.jpg

I gave the little girl some more water and MC 2g right before lights out last night. 24 hours later we've got faster growth than previously so I think she's finally hitting her stride.
20200217_184739.jpg

20200217_185408.jpg

I've also decided to add the cfls I used in the last grow. They might be a little strong though. The larger ones are 105w 5500k and the small are 40w. I only have the large ones on though right now and the tiny warm light 3w led bulbs. . The LED TS600 is still 19in away from the top so the extra light I think is needed. What do y'all think? How much light should a 2 week old plant need?

20200217_191538.jpg

So the DDA seed dropped through the water fairly quickly in just a couple hours the other night, so I dumped the water into a papertowel and put her inside and squeezed until damp. Put the towel back in the jar and covered with the top and placed on my 81F router. Check last night late and found popped so put into soil in the 2G pot today. Pot is sitting on the router now to keep warm...apartment is only 70F so ... waiting for green to come up now.

20200218_111913.jpg

20200218_142647.jpg

Veg Day 17
20200220_195918.jpg
20200220_200001.jpg

So it's been 3 days since the last update on Golden Tigress...she is moving along nicely now. Getting nice big green leaves with that MC color and tight internodes which will get topped next week. I am considering doing #QuadSquad on this grow for both plants for fun, but haven't made the final decision yet. DDA seed has not come out of the soil yet - how long do you wait before you feel anxious about digging around to get some more details on her whereabouts??

@Vulx I'll have an update later with even more phenomenal growth. On the slight downside, the dda sprout is being shy. I started swiping away some of the top layer of soil (swiper no swiping!! For all you with children... lol) and found the top of the seed. There's a nice red root/stem that I've exposed and hoping will turn green and start going to the light (no, not that light! Don't go to the light!). I made sure to not touch her as she's obviously a little sensitive, but have the pot covered with some plastic wrap to try and keep up the humidity. Right now the tent is st 40% RH so it's a little dry in there...

nice lookin plant,, very indica looking, fat leafed,, rather than golden tiger sativa, skinny leafed.

i harvested a golden tiger a bit ago,, very much a different looking plant,,

not doubting ya friend,, just sayin

nice lookin plant,, very indica looking, fat leafed,, rather than golden tiger sativa, skinny leafed.

I was thinking the same thing @nivek... every time you buy a seed you have to question whether it is what it is right? I trust the source, although they aren't really in business anymore since they merged with another. Why they would send me something fake idk, but we'll see! It could also be the ability of the @Vulx and MC to produce monster plants that end up all looking the same! Lol

My skunk last grow had similar wide leaves at the start that narrowed out typical of a sativa so maybe this is just how they react to high nutrients at early age? Maybe they sent me skunk again? :(

I am happy to have found your thread for two reasons. First, I have some Golden Tiger seeds I want to grow at some point in the future. And second because I will be doing a sponsored grow using @Vulx in about a month and I want to see what I can learn from your grow. I do have to agree with @nivek about the leaves of your Golden Tiger plant. They are kind of short and wide. Not what you would expect to see on a GT plant. But it's obviously possible you've found an unusual phenotype which would be pretty cool.

Good luck with your grow. Looking fantastic so far. I hope your DDA sprouts for you.

Yes...I have mc 2 I guess... obtained fall 2019. I also just obtained a new package today which I have not opened yet along with the other 3 supplements. I was thinking of going straight mc this grow but I'm a glutton for punishment and will do everything to push my plants to the limit until they are harvested lol!

Back
Top Bottom