Exhaust Vent is 6" air ducting with 2000+ cfm fan
CO2 ranges from 500-600 ppm
Temperature: 20(68) to 25(77)
Soil: Fox Pro
Soil PH: Around 6

Nutrients (Per 1 Gallon)
Sensi Grow - 1 tblsp Part A & 1 Tblsp Part B
Sensi Bloom - 1 tblsp Part A & 1 Tblsp Part B
I have been adding nutrients to every watering, 1tbsp part A and 1tbsp Part B sensi grow/bloom per Gallon of Water.

I've been extremely careful with everything. I thought the first hermy grow was due to inexperience. After this grow, I made sure to follow instructions to the absolute finest of my abilities. Yet here we are, another hermy family. I never disturb their sleep cycle, I follow a 18/6 then 12/12 light schedule, I sit and talk to them every night to get the CO2 up to 1600ppm, I caress them, I tell them stories of grand adventures etc... I don't know how to explain how careful I was with this past grow. The only thing I can think to do is to to ask you guys to ask me questions about various things I could have fucked up. So please, for the love of science, help me. I've spent a lot of time making a perfect environment for my girls. I'm down with the LGBT community, but I want my girls to stay girls for once. Thanks in advance, guys!

Here's my Setup:
74.png
66.png
57.png
412.png

Re: 2nd grow gone hermy... I really need some help, guys. I'd appreciate any insight

Have you been in room with lights out and checked for any light leak?
Are they seeds or clones?

Re: 2nd grow gone hermy... I really need some help, guys. I'd appreciate any insight

Have you been in room with lights out and checked for any light leak?
Are they seeds or clones?

So I sat in the room last night after lights out and noticed the following:
1 - Red LED from the power bar
2 - Red LED's on the fan
1 - Green LED on the CO2 Monitor
1 - Spark/Flashing coming from the back of the CO2 Monitor

I'm assuming all of this is enough to make my plants go hermie?

Maybe feminized seeds, they have a tendency to Hermie. Check for light leaks, LED on thermostat or fan, and check your pH on your soil, if your pH is super low....5.0 then read my tread "foxfarm soil and pH"

They are feminized seeds, is there an easier seed/strain that I can use that is better for beginners?

Unless its a day/night thermostat you should cover the LED's with black tape. As for the seeds, I myself have ordered about 50 fem seeds, I've popped off about 20 different breeds. I've had 5 or 6 of them Hermie. I started buying "regular" seeds, you may get a male but your females will be stronger and less likely to Hermie.

Grow Room:
66.png

Thos red and green lights wont affect your grow..... Think about this, if your outside at night and you have a full moon.... How bright is that? tiny lights like that WONT affect your grow like that, you need to bee worried about outside light or timers not working.

the pic i quoted on is the only one that i think is a male the others just look like they are fine, notice how the other ones have hairs poping out from the 'nut' as i like to call them lol that is a female trait, but the fact that the pic i posted has 2 or more 'nuts' in same node area, and they dont have hairs makes me belive THAT one has started to herm, you can wait a good amount of time tho because it wont polinate your females for long time, not hard to stop them.

If i was you i would just keep and eye out for a cluster of 'nuts'

other then that you did pretty well i have a widow strain and it is realy good, Cheese strain type of flavor i think lol

*** also what size gallon pots are u using and when did they get transplanted into them (just before flower?)

I'm still learning but I'll throw out a few questions to see if it sparks an idea.

What kind of growth manipulation have you done, if any, and when? Topping, FIMing, defoliating.
What size containers? They look a little small for a 24-28 week plant but it might just be optics or view angle.
Do you ever feed with plain water?

/Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

Thos red and green lights wont affect your grow..... Think about this, if your outside at night and you have a full moon.... How bright is that? tiny lights like that WONT affect your grow like that, you need to bee worried about outside light or timers not working.

the pic i quoted on is the only one that i think is a male the others just look like they are fine, notice how the other ones have hairs poping out from the 'nut' as i like to call them lol that is a female trait, but the fact that the pic i posted has 2 or more 'nuts' in same node area, and they dont have hairs makes me belive THAT one has started to herm, you can wait a good amount of time tho because it wont polinate your females for long time, not hard to stop them.

other then that you did pretty well i have a widow strain and it is realy good, Cheese strain type of flavor i think lol

*** also what size gallon pots are u using and when did they get transplanted into them (just before flower?)

This...I think OP that perhaps you're mistaking the single calyx pre-flowers along the stem as "nuts." I would say you're probably trying to cover to much floor space with a single 600w light, also, it appears hung kind of high; I would've expected larger plants 3 weeks into flower after 4 months veg, but then again I haven't grown WW's before either. Just cut the suspect growth off that one plant and go from there. Usually hermies will show a male nanner sticking up from within the actual bud. Its a slightly different hue than the pistals and a tad thicker so just keep a look out for them down the road if worried, as in my experience they may or may not show up sometime after the midway point of the flower cycle. I'll usually find an undeveloped seed or two/three when I harvest so I don't really lose alot of sleep over it myself. Perfection is strived for, success is enjoyment enough however.

Unless its a day/night thermostat you should cover the LED's with black tape. As for the seeds, I myself have ordered about 50 fem seeds, I've popped off about 20 different breeds. I've had 5 or 6 of them Hermie. I started buying "regular" seeds, you may get a male but your females will be stronger and less likely to Hermie.

I've gone and taped up every single light and backlit devince in the room. I'll try regular seeds out for my next grow. Thanks for the suggestions!

very clean room though

Thanks, man. I spent a long time getting it set-up properly, so hearing this brings a smile to my face.

Thanks a lot for all your insight, man! It makes me feel a lot better about everything. Other than the pic you quoted, The other pics is what my girls looked like during my last grow, and they went hermie. That's why I'm so worried. The pots I'm using are only 2 gallon I think. The reason I'm using these pots is because last grow I transplanted from these same pots, to much larger ones (40 gal), but I noticed the roots didn't branch out past the innitial clump and I was using/wasting a lot more water with them. For this grow, I transplanted them from their dixie cups to the current orange pots after about 1-2 months.

The plant in question is NOT a male but a hermaphrodite. It has female calyx with female pistols and male pollen sacks that will open releasing pollen and will pollinate your females. Cut the chick with a dick down, or not but you will have beans.

I appreciate the reply. Other than the one that clearly has some balls on it, the rest look ok?

I'm still learning but I'll throw out a few questions to see if it sparks an idea.

What kind of growth manipulation have you done, if any, and when? Topping, FIMing, defoliating.
What size containers? They look a little small for a 24-28 week plant but it might just be optics or view angle.
Do you ever feed with plain water?

/Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

I appreciate the effort, man! Thanks a lot. The only manipulation I've done is on the one picture that clearly has some balls. All I've done so far is topping. I'm fairly new, so I like to take it slow. I believe the pots they're in right now are 5 gallons, but I'm not 100% sure, and I'm not sure how to measure. Is it detremental to their health, or shoudl I transplant them into larget pots at this point? If they grow a little small, I can live with that, I just don't want them to get all jacked up in a transplant. I haven't fed with plain water until someone suggested I may be giving them too many nutes.

The pots I'm using are only 2 gallon I think. The reason I'm using these pots is because last grow I transplanted from these same pots, to much larger ones (40 gal), but I noticed the roots didn't branch out past the innitial clump and I was using/wasting a lot more water with them.

im going to almost prommis this is your issue, your plants in the 2 gals get root bound in the 2 gals in veg.

and i do aggree a jump from 2gal - 40 gall will waste alot of dirt,

But you should be using AT LEST a 5gal bag when you START flowering, or just before, if you plant to veg the plant for longer then 1-2 weeks

You mite not want to change them now, but then again it mite help them for lil bit (personly i would see it as waste of time dirt at this point)

but if you increase your size just before flower you will have healthier plants through the flower cycle

Thanks for the heads up, man. The roots are slightly bound, but it doesn't look too bad. I'll opt for the 10gals for my next grow. I already have some 10gals. Time/Soil is not an issue, so if you think I should transplant, I'm game. I do have a new problem though. 5-10 leaves on each plant are looking like this now:

139.png

230.png

320.png

413.png

Regarding the hermy

You're well into flower stage. I would just ride out what you have going. A transplant at this stage will likely add additional undesirable stress to both the healthy plants and the hermy. 7 of 8 plants is pretty respectable but I understand the drive for 100%. If you are up to it you can attempt to continually remove any male bits that develop between now and harvest. Ultimately you'll have to decide for yourself how much you're willing to risk the remaining 7 females.

Some thoughts to consider for future grows
  • Estimate final container size by multiplying 1 gallon per week of veg growth.
  • For a final container size of 5 gallons or less transplant no more than once.
  • If starting in soil, consider a larger starting container such as a solo cup.
  • Transplant to a larger container within about two weeks from sprout.
  • Allow plenty of time for the plant to recover from topping, defoliating, transplanting, etc. before flipping to 12/12. Perhaps up to 2 weeks.
  • Wait for final stretch to finish during flower stage before attempting additional defoliating.

Add a second 600w cool tube lamp if possible for the next grow. It looks like you have plenty of ventilation already.

Kudos for a nice looking grow.

Best wishes,
/Obi
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom