• Tents size - 2x2x4
  • Light- VS600 Dimmable Viparspecturm watt LED light full spectrum
  • Incline fan with exhaust with speed control
  • 2 small fans for airflow
  • Temperature and humidity monitor
  • Fox farm Ocean Forest soil
  • 3 gallon Breathable Fabric Pots
  • 10x Sour Diesel Auto Flowers - 420

Hey guys I'm back with another grow journal. If you would like to check out my other one, I have a link that you can click on. I would be using the exact same set up that I used before but this time I know the strain lol I'll be using Sour Diesel Auto Flowers. I am still waiting for the seeds but got everything else. I would be starting with 4 plants than later add another 4 and so on. Does anyone have an pointer's for growing auto flowers. I understand they are more easier to grow but at the same time I want to also get at least 2+ oz per plant if you got any advice please share!

2nd Grow Journal - Sour Diesel - Auto Flowers
  • Tents size - 2x2x4
  • 2 small fans for airflow

Hey guys I'm back with another grow journal. If you would like to check out my other one, I have a link that you can click on. I would be using the exact same set up that I used before but this time I know the strain lol I'll be using Sour Diesel Auto Flowers. I am still waiting for the seeds but got everything else. I would be starting with 4 plants than later add another 4 and so on. Does anyone have an pointer's for growing auto flowers. I understand they are more easier to grow but at the same time I want to also get at least 2+ oz per plant if you got any advice please share!
Good afternoon my friend.
Best advice I can give is grow the roots in a smaller pot before you go to the final pot.
I believe a good root ball is important.
Get your environment set before you start.
Temp, rh, air flow all perfect.
And try and get your light up to full strength as soon as possible without stressing them.
And set your timer to 20/4 for maximum growth.
That's all I got on autos.
FF soil though, make sure you establish your wet dry cycle immediately.
Kapeesh?
Happy growing.
I'll hang out if that's cool. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Look forward to your second grow journal.

Some say the general rule of thumb is not to up pot autos.
Maybe see what the breeder's notes in regards to up-potting or topping for that matter.

My success with auto's or lack there of didn't seem to make a difference.

Proper growing environment probably has a heck of a lot more to do with a successful Auto grow than up-potting or not up-potting.

Did you want to tag anyone for this journal i.e.. @Farmer Reading, @Bill284

Sounds good see my main thing is I want to get the most out of an auto I know of course I'm not going be as much I would if it was a photo but my goal is to try and get 4 zips per plant. Any advice on how to get the highest yeild

Sounds good see my main thing is I want to get the most out of an auto I know of course I'm not going be as much I would if it was a photo but my goal is to try and get 4 zips per plant. Any advice on how to get the highest yeild
Environment nutrition and light energy.
Did I forget anything oh yeah genetics.
First and foremost great genetics to start.

Stay safe
Bill

Sounds good and I am going do LST of course so the light can also get to the buds that will be hidden. Of course it's always comes done to genetics lol

The old set up if you remember from my last grow i do got a better light and bigger tent coming in couple weeks but seeds will be here on Monday. No time to waste!!! Can't wait

IMG_20220318_150836646_HDR.jpg

• Tents size - 2x2x4
Got my Sour Diesel seeds in today, already started the germination. Get them seeds to crack. I decided to take aways the fans and use the vents that come with the tent. Have better air flow come in. I'll have the window open to keep fresh air to come into the room. Beside taking the fans away everything is still the same. I'll end up getting a new light this week than a bigger tent. I'll keep you guys updated.

• Tents size - 2x2x4
  • 10x Sour Diesel Auto Flowers - 420 ( Grow time 10-14 weeks from seed to harvest)
Day 5 of Life

DAY 1 - PRE-SEEDING STAGE

Good news all 3 seeds cracked and geminated. Just put them in the soil a little bit ago, ready to start seeing the magic and the works of these auto flowers. As I said going get another light to get the best outcome or at get another light of the same and combine them. I'll keep you guys posted once the seedling emerges through the soil! Also, I got 2x 3-gallons pots and 1x 1-gallon pot.

IMG_20220325_200430367_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220325_200429652_HDR.jpg

Two lights in a 2X2X4 might get a little tight.

I have done it before and it works, though.

There are a ton of lights on the market specifically manufactured for a 2X2 footprint.
Liked this write-up from one of 420's Sponsors:

Look forward to watching your grow journey.

Tents size - 2x2x4
Light- VS600 Dimmable Viparspecturm watt LED light full spectrum
Incline fan with exhaust with speed control
Temperature and humidity monitor
Fox farm Ocean Forest soil
3 gallon Breathable Fabric Pots
10x Sour Diesel Auto Flowers - 420 ( Grow time 10-14 weeks from seed to harvest)

Day 8 of Life

Day 2 - Seedling Stage

All 3 of the plants are now out the ground, looking good so far. Not added no nutrients for at least another 2 weeks. I'm going get the Farm Fox Trio Nutrients, how much would I use for Auto Flowers? I understand you don't want to use the amount stated on directions because that's for photos flowers. If you know a feeding cycle I can do for autos using, Fox Farm Trio please let me know. Got another light coming tomorrow, it's another VS600 Viperspectrum. Going get another light and 4x4 tent. If all goes planned I'll need up getting some Super Autos in 3 weeks and start another side journal with those. Either way here's pics of he Sour Diesel Autos

IMG_20220329_104848903_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220329_104833553_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220329_104826865_HDR.jpg

Wooo-hooo happy birthday little ones.
Do you know how to use the Fox Farm Trio Nutrients with Auto Flowers, if so how? And the feeding schedule as well.

Do you know how to use the Fox Farm Trio Nutrients with Auto Flowers?
Yes actually I was using ff trio last grow with bush doctor cal-mag... What can I help with?

Is cal-mag really needed with the farm fox trio and the main question is the feeding schedule and the amount to use for Auto Flowers?

Is cal-mag really needed with the farm fox trio and the main question is the feeding schedule and the amount to use for Auto Flowers?
No the measurements on the back of every bottle is basically for photo period plants...must be modified for autos. For me I only use cal-mag when my ladies tell they need it...so for that one it would be your call. But for the nutes for FF trio this is what I followed give or take.
Week 1- no nutes
Week 2- 1/8 veg nute strength
Week 3 - 1/4 veg nute strength
Week 4- 1/2 veg nute strength
Week 5(start of preflower)- 1/4 veg 1/8 bloom nutes strength
Week 6- 1/2 bloom nutes strength
Week 7- 1/2 bloom nutes strength
Week 8- no nutes allow plant to use what she has stored... Flush if needed/wanted.
Week 9+ no nutes let finish if it gets this long.

No the measurements on the back of every bottle is basically for photo period plants...must be modified for autos. For me I only use cal-mag when my ladies tell they need it...so for that one it would be your call. But for the nutes for FF trio this is what I followed give or take.
Week 1- no nutes
Week 2- 1/8 veg nute strength
Week 3 - 1/4 veg nute strength
Week 4- 1/2 veg nute strength
Week 5(start of preflower)- 1/4 veg 1/8 bloom nutes strength
Week 6- 1/2 bloom nutes strength
Week 7- 1/2 bloom nutes strength
Week 8- no nutes allow plant to use what she has stored... Flush if needed/wanted.
Week 9+ no nutes let finish if it gets this long.
Thank you, much appreciated. I been looking for a feeding schedule for autos like you said they only put the amount for photos.

Thank you, much appreciated. I been looking for a feeding schedule for autos like you said they only put the amount for photos.
No problem it took me alot of research and trial and error to figure it out lol. But obviously if they show you they need more then adjust slightly.... Your in ocean forest which is "hot soil" so a little extra nutes could cause burning at first until your ladies get used to feeding.

But I have since moved to @GeoFlora Nutrients line as it's much simpler than FF... Basically a top dress that gets watered and last 12-14 days worth of feeding. Two feedings of veg two weeks apart and two weeks of bloom also two weeks apart....then Your at harvest.

Back
Top Bottom