2nd Grow Journal - Sour Diesel - Auto Flowers

• Tents size - 2x2x4
  • Light- VS600 Dimmable Viparspecturm watt LED light full spectrum
  • Incline fan with exhaust with speed control
  • Temperature and humidity monitor
  • Fox farm Ocean Forest soil
  • 2x 3 gallon Breathable Fabric Pots and 1x 1gallon
  • 10x Sour Diesel Auto Flowers - 420 ( Grow time 10-14 weeks from seed to harvest)
Day of Life - 23

Vegatation - Day 4

Hey guys so made a post lst night as you see about the 2 plants in 3 gallon pots were looking crinkly, their looking better now. What I end up doing was water one of the plants that maybe it was needing water but I also lowed the intake exhaust fan notice it was on high so the air was getting recycled faster which also made the humidity low. Looked at them this morning and it seems what I did helped. I am starting the low stress training as you will see in the pictures I'll post. So my main concern so far is the 2 plants in the 3 gallons are growing short so I moved the light as high as I can to help stretch but hasn't really did much by what I see. I did do another feeding for the 1 gallon and the 3 gallon right under the intake filter let's see the power work from the nutrients. I'm going feed the other 3 gallon tomorrow since I did a quick water last night don't want to do to much. But, any suggestions on what I could do to help with the shortness of the plants? Also to answer @Bill284 honestly don't have ph level test strips or anything using just tap water which our water comes from a aquifer deep underneath the state. Never had a problem with the water but at the same time never tested the pH which I should do lol. But let me know anything that I can do to help stretch my plants more.

IMG_20220412_083211667_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220412_083207801.jpg

IMG_20220412_083204395_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220412_083200055_HDR.jpg

• Tents size - 2x2x4
  • 10x Sour Diesel Auto Flowers - 420 ( Grow time 10-14 weeks from seed to harvest)
Day of Life - 23

Vegatation - Day 4

Hey guys so made a post lst night as you see about the 2 plants in 3 gallon pots were looking crinkly, their looking better now. What I end up doing was water one of the plants that maybe it was needing water but I also lowed the intake exhaust fan notice it was on high so the air was getting recycled faster which also made the humidity low. Looked at them this morning and it seems what I did helped. I am starting the low stress training as you will see in the pictures I'll post. So my main concern so far is the 2 plants in the 3 gallons are growing short so I moved the light as high as I can to help stretch but hasn't really did much by what I see. I did do another feeding for the 1 gallon and the 3 gallon right under the intake filter let's see the power work from the nutrients. I'm going feed the other 3 gallon tomorrow since I did a quick water last night don't want to do to much. But, any suggestions on what I could do to help with the shortness of the plants? Also to answer @Bill284 honestly don't have ph level test strips or anything using just tap water which our water comes from a aquifer deep underneath the state. Never had a problem with the water but at the same time never tested the pH which I should do lol. But let me know anything that I can do to help stretch my plants more.

IMG_20220412_083211667_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220412_083207801.jpg

IMG_20220412_083204395_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220412_083200055_HDR.jpg
Is it too late to fill those pots .
They are only half full my friend. :Namaste:
Seriously there is an issue there.

Stay safe
Bill

Honestly I do have some soil coming because I was thinking about filling it them up but at the same time how would I do that since I would cover them up if I fill it now

So, my first grow was in 3-gallon pots, but I had folded the edges down that were leftover like that. I didn't fill them all the way up either, cause I thought that was a lot of soil (I just bought too small of an amount (12 quarts)). Now you just gotta make do with the amount of soil you went with unless those babies stretch high enough to where you're able to put some soil under the leaves, or try to up-pot(which is frowned upon if it's auto's).

Honestly I do have some soil coming because I was thinking about filling it them up but at the same time how would I do that since I would cover them up if I fill it now
Lift them back out.
You just put them in right?
Lift all the soil and roots out together.
Fill the pot and then put it back in.
Check my Gorilla Glue clone thread there is pictorials.

Shows how to fill pots properly.

Stay safe
Bill

So guys I went ahead and did @Darade did and fold the extra 2 inches down so it looks for better this is my first doing auto flowers and don't want to do much especially with the fibric pots it's hard to take them out lol

IMG_20220412_111352800_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220412_111350723_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220412_111348887_HDR.jpg

So guys I went ahead and did @Darade did and fold the extra 2 inches down so it looks for better this is my first doing auto flowers and don't want to do much especially with the fibric pots it's hard to take them out lol

IMG_20220412_111352800_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220412_111350723_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220412_111348887_HDR.jpg
:rofl: I understand my friend. :Namaste:
We all do the best we can with what we have. :love:
We will help you get where you need to go don't worry.

Stay safe
Bill

:rofl: I understand my friend. :Namaste:
We all do the best we can with what we have. :love:
We will help you get where you need to go don't worry.

Stay safe
Bill
Sounds great...I be seeing you guys grow and they be looking wonderful and I want to be on that level to

Sounds great...I be seeing you guys grow and they be looking wonderful and I want to be on that level to
That's the plan my friend.
Collectively we rise together. ;)
We will help hehe.

Stay safe
B8ll

Hey everyone here's how much the plants changed since I started the LST their looking good but theirs one plants that growing very slow and small not really sure what really it can be. I read that it could be a variety of things. One plant is showing sign of a calcium or magnesium deficiency but it is looking better now not sure what I did to change it but good. If you know any possibilities on the small plant could be going through let me know!?

IMG_20220413_154813675_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220413_154811341_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220413_154808312_HDR.jpg

it could be something external like PH or nutrient inputs, but in my limited autoflower experience i've yet to experience two that are the same...can't exactly root a bunch of cuttings from your favorite to preserve its traits. I've had some that promised to be branch breaking heavy yielders only produce a few grams, some got super lanky and some did okay in the middle. Just never know how consistent auto beans will grow side by side IMO

it could be something external like PH or nutrient inputs, but in my limited autoflower experience i've yet to experience two that are the same...can't exactly root a bunch of cuttings from your favorite to preserve its traits. I've had some that promised to be branch breaking heavy yielders only produce a few grams, some got super lanky and some did okay in the middle. Just never know how consistent auto beans will grow side by side IMO
That's makes since and honestly that's why I'm trying auto flowers because of people says it could produce a good yield but at the same time it all comes down to much how you put into your plant care cuz even with photos I heard people only getting a half a oz and grew it for 4 months. I do need to invest in a pH kit though lol

That's makes since and honestly that's why I'm trying auto flowers because of people says it could produce a good yield but at the same time it all comes down to much how you put into your plant care cuz even with photos I heard people only getting a half a oz and grew it for 4 months. I do need to invest in a pH kit though lol
word.
Honestly I stopped checking pH when I started using beneficial microbes in my feeding regimen. Let the microbes sort out that part which works for me because I'm too colorblind for the dropper style and too forgetful to keep the expensive meters calibrated and stored in proper solution and rendered my $100 bluelab useless, etc.
Biggest thing you can do to help your auto is minimize ANY stress that may slow it down or stunt her.
Some plant them in large pots, some try to gently replant them but what's worked best for me is using a 1 or 3 gal fabric pot with the sides folded down a few inches. Once the seedling grows taller I unfold the sides and back fill the empty area to support the stem and provide more media for the roots and nutes.
Also, using coco coir allows for smaller pots since you can add as many nutes as she needs as long as it doesn't get too dry and really once she NEEDS frequent watering you can really see the difference and know she's taking up everything you're throwing at her.

• Tents size - 2x2x4
Day of Life - 27

Vegatation - Day 7

Hey everyone, everything looking good so far did plain watering today. Do next feeding on Tuesday with the nutrients both veg and bloom together. Doing LST and girls are looking for bushy. One of the plants though have yellowish brown round spots let me know what this is, I looked up and says it a fungus and best way is to cut the leaves that are infected. Please let me know if this is what it is before I start cut off leaves. Here some pictures let me know what you guys think so far and if these are good size for the days it's been so far. Not sure if their too small, good size or big for it's age.

IMG_20220416_185645080_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220416_185642183_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220416_185639248_HDR.jpg

• Tents size - 2x2x4
  • Fox Farm Trio Nutrients
Day to Life - 30

Vegatation Day- 10

So I did another feeding today but since I was high Im thinking I'm seeing pre flowering so I need up using a little veg nutrients but also used a bloom as well not sure if it would take a big effect but we will see. One thing I learned from everyone here is sometimes it's an a hit or miss more in away I got to learn from my mistakes maybe they might end up being a good mistake but never know until I do it. Let's see the out come. I been watering a half a liter everyday the last 2 days the plants seems to drink it up dry which is good. Still doing my LST Technique looking good. Out of the 3 plants the 1 in the 1gallon plant is growning nice and thick wish I would of put this one in the 3 gallon. The 2 3 gallons are coming out nice the smaller one still been getting the small round yellowish spots but not bad still looks nice and the other 3 gallon plant is good. Also I found this chart about auto flowers tell me what you guys think about it? Here's some pictures as well let me know if they are good size?

IMG_20220419_140711162.jpg

IMG_20220419_140706981_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220419_140659259.jpg

Autoflowers-Complete-Growing-Guide-Image-768x2987.jpg

• Tents size - 2x2x4
Day to Life - 30

Vegatation Day- 10

So I did another feeding today but since I was high Im thinking I'm seeing pre flowering so I need up using a little veg nutrients but also used a bloom as well not sure if it would take a big effect but we will see. One thing I learned from everyone here is sometimes it's an a hit or miss more in away I got to learn from my mistakes maybe they might end up being a good mistake but never know until I do it. Let's see the out come. I been watering a half a liter everyday the last 2 days the plants seems to drink it up dry which is good. Still doing my LST Technique looking good. Out of the 3 plants the 1 in the 1gallon plant is growning nice and thick wish I would of put this one in the 3 gallon. The 2 3 gallons are coming out nice the smaller one still been getting the small round yellowish spots but not bad still looks nice and the other 3 gallon plant is good. Also I found this chart about auto flowers tell me what you guys think about it? Here's some pictures as well let me know if they are good size?

IMG_20220419_140711162.jpg

IMG_20220419_140706981_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220419_140659259.jpg

Autoflowers-Complete-Growing-Guide-Image-768x2987.jpg
Woooooow.
Stop the presses. :rofl:
The most important thing is the dry cycle.
Read all @Emilya s threads on watering.
Throw that chart out.
Coco gets watered every day.
Soil Must dry. Your using Fox Farm Ocean Forest - Soil.
Then feed your girls full strength nutrients at 6.3 ph.
If you see pistols then switch to bloom nutrients, same full strength at 6.3 ph.

Stay safe
Bill

Already thank you @StoneOtter the soil been drying out pretty good I stuck my whole finger in the soil this morning and it was dry so added more water today with the feeding and might sound like a dumb question but wat you mean by full strength? I'm using the Fox Farm Trio Nutrients.

Yep, that chart may be ok but Emilya's method will teach you about watering while feeding the plants. That's my opinion. We don't have to be strict about it and over time we may stray to one side or the other with techniques to get stuff done. I think it's the best place (Emilya's) to get a grip on the most important interaction we have with them.

I believe they need a wet/dry cycle for several reasons especially in veg. Flower may be another thing.

Bill is working this well and I'll let him talk more on full strength. He's more into that than me. I don't fertigate like you as I have soil that uses water only. BTW Bill is awesome!

He'll be back to explain.

I'm thinking he means just what we read. :reading420magazine:

Yep, that chart may be ok but Emilya's method will teach you about watering while feeding the plants. That's my opinion. We don't have to be strict about it and over time we may stray to one side or the other with techniques to get stuff done. I think it's the best place (Emilya's) to get a grip on the most important interaction we have with them.

I believe they need a wet/dry cycle for several reasons especially in veg. Flower may be another thing.

Bill is working this well and I'll let him talk more on full strength. He's more into that than me. I don't fertigate like you as I have soil that uses water only. BTW Bill is awesome!

He'll be back to explain.

I'm thinking he means just what we read. :reading420magazine:
Not full strength out of the bottle but the full recipe when mixed. Like 1ml per ltr or whatever the recipe calls for. Maybe that vaguely helps?

Back
Top Bottom