2nd grow - New problems - Help

holygreenary

Hey there so this is SWIMS 2nd time at it ever, last year SWIM had minor almost non-issues and this year SWIM have some new ones. I think SWIM found thrips on their plant and are really annoyed by them. SWIM has some insecticide but if SWIM really want to find the thrips, they have to be very patient and look extremely close up to the plant . SWIM also have "bug be gone". Not entirely sure on its efficiency though because SWIM is reluctant to use it.

Next thing SWIM is wondering.... is that spider on the plant going to eat bugs or harm my plant? dont think its a spider mite so SWIM is assuming it eats bugs.... swim is pretty certain they've seen a spider mite or 2 on their plant though... theyve seen red mites in their backyard so it might be from that...

there are a couple bite holes through a few leaves and some of that silvery thrip related BS swim believes and SWIM just wondering what they should do?

SWIM transplanted into a bigger pot since the photo here and its starting to show its pre flowers ... shooting out the pistils which is a good sign but now that that is happening SWIM wants to make sure to get a hold on these pests before it progresses any further.

SWIM started this plant from seed just over a month ago and have only used a basic veg fertilizer ONCE maybe a week ago.
any help or advice is appreciated.

plant180.jpg
spidey.jpg
plantt.jpg
spider_and_thrip.jpg
thrip8.jpg

Hi there!

I noticed that your first photo is taken outside. Are these plants outside plants? If so, than a few bugs here and there is going to be normal.

If they're not outdoor plants than you should keep them inside rather than bringing them in and out. This will prevent from introducing new bugs into your environment.

As I look at the photos of your plants I don't see any real markings or spots on the plant that show damage from insects. That plant looks quite healthy.

If you're looking for a product that is safe for your plants, organic and affordable. Check out Sierra Natural Science. Their a sponsor here and they offer an array of bug control product that are great for your plants. This will provide you with peace at mind know that your taking the proper steps to avoid a full blown contamination.

Best of luck!!

As for your nutrients:

I would recommend you getting ahold of some nutrients for both veg and flower. And give the plant those nutrients on a regular bases. (Instructions should be displayed on the product)

I can tell that her very bottom leaves are beginning to fade from green to yellow. Which is a clear indication that she's a hungry girl.

Good luck!

:welcome: to :420:

First question: What/who is SWIM?
Second question: Why does SWIM talk in the 3rd person?
Spiders are beneficial - they do eat insects, both plant munchers and otherwise.
The plant looks good = no worries...so far.

It's an outdoor plant that comes inside at night / depending on the weather.
Ill have to check that product out though thank you for the insight, the positive feedback is appreciated.

:welcome: to :420:

First question: What/who is SWIM?
Second question: Why does SWIM talk in the 3rd person?
Spiders are beneficial - they do eat insects, both plant munchers and otherwise.
The plant looks good = no worries...so far.

Glad someone asked...

Plant looks great. If that's an outdoor plant, I love it. Very tight node spacing. Mine always stretch much more than that outdoors. My first impression was it's an indoor plant.

Neem oil is safe and effective to spray the leaves with. That's all I ever used outside. I'm an indoor man now.

:surf:
/SWIM

funny, what ran through my head was "single white idiot male". I think part of it was the third person speak that made me think that way.

haha yeah this is some of my first times posting about this stuff so i figured SWIM would do the trick.
Greatly appreciated! It's a fully outdoor plant started from seed. The cotyledons and first true leaves were very weird .... deformed.. spindly..... the plant actually topped ITSELF after the first set of messed up true leaves...it branched out underneath it so now there are 2 main stalks.

Thats a reoccurring trend in comments on it... that it seems like its indoor..... either way its a compliment... !

gotta look into neem oil... just found an assasin bug on the plant so might not actually have to get any sprays or anything. ( fingers crossed)

haha the entire post wasn't like that until someone realized maybe they shouldn't speak in first person.... who knows.. in reality its no big deal whatsoever im sure... its a single plant.

keep posting like that SWIM do a whole journal ! its fun .
Yes yes yes. Then when he says something like SWIM will water the plant tomorrow, we can respond " tell SWIY to wait a day or 2.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom