2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

Having got over my confusion scrolling up and seeing upside down plants before realising they were hanging to dry 😂

I then read this

Which thoroughly confused me! You want all the roots in the res? That looks awesome! Or is it a joke I missed!

I’m new to this style

Nick
Well even after this fantastic grow I am also still new to this style (or any style) :rofl: I think your right, it's all gucci... but my thinking beforehand was that the airgap/pruning should stop the roots growing into the res/all around the drainage hole. So when I saw that the roots were everywhere i assumed the job had been slightly botched xD

Yeah hung them up mate, can't WAIT for this smoke lol. One giant plant split into 4 quadrants and most fan leaves removed, should be enough plant matter to allow for the slow 14 day dry :cheer:

Roots look great! I have to periodically ream out my overflow hole to keep it open and working as I water through it for my 1L SIPs.
Okay well if the SIP master himself says we're looking great then that's put my mind at ease! Successfull SIP project, 5gal SIP stored away for a future giant plant :D

Thanks Azi 🙏

Yeah hung them up mate, can't WAIT for this smoke lol. One giant plant split into 4 quadrants and most fan leaves removed, should be enough plant matter to allow
Need to check but think the OG Kush is 8 days dry and 14 cure. Gorilla Glue just behind.

Probably about time to try the finished product! You’re not far behind though.

Nick

Need to check but think the OG Kush is 8 days dry and 14 cure. Gorilla Glue just behind.

Probably about time to try the finished product! You’re not far behind though.

Nick
Bro that bud I saw on nug of the month... 🤯 Really nice job.

Awesome I'll check in on your journal shortly for a smoke report? My free weekend turned into a busy weekend, behind on plants and reading but no stress, the sun is shining for once :D

8 days drying left here and then into the Grove bags 🔥

Averages over the last 7 days are 59.8% rh/15.8c so should be able to squeeze all 14 days out of this stage.

Looks like an amazing haul from any angle, and roots for days! :bravo:
:thanks: I definitely agree mate I'm super stoked about this one, not long now till I can sample the frost :D 🔥

Spectacular roots! :thumb: Enjoy the smokes!:woohoo:
Thanks a lot @ViparSpectra , I will definitely enjoy the smoke and will report back with a smoke report when I have :D

Another little update on how they are looking drying (Day 7)
dryingday8_1.jpg
dryingday8_2.jpg
dryingday8_3.jpg
dryingday8_4.jpg

Happy 420 & Happy smoking Weffalo!!:cheer:
Happy 420 to you too @ViparSpectra :green_heart:

I keep saying it but I'm so busy, very little time for my plants, thankfully some more bank holidays coming up. Hope everyone had a chilled and high 420!

So still got over a week of curing to go, but initial signs are looking promising. Super energetic smoke, already super smooth and potent with fairly decent flavour and nose. Mainly getting some creamy notes with a really funky undertone, hints of sweet and fruit but not really coming through on taste just yet.

I have high hopes this will be a great daytime smoke that I can stash away if I don't smoke it all before the next harvest :rofl:

Final weight was 13.4oz nugs, 4oz sugar leaf. Very happy with that and confident I can beat that with my next crop 🤞 I got about 5 gram of kief from trimming and that's into a jam jar, labelled and stored in the fridge (14-15c) - I'm gonna slow cure that for ages and try it in the future as some sort of "Special Reserve" - I love it :D

The bud structure itself I'm not over the moon with, not airy as such but being 60% sativa it doesn't seem to bulk out as much as maybe I'd like. Or maybe that's down to growing style, I'm growing an indica next so I can compare and re-evaluate after that harvest,

I'll share pics when I grab a nug from curing, so about a week or so :) I'll also do a final smoke report when it's cured some.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the long weekend (If your lucky enough to have Monday off like we do here in the UK!) :green_heart:

So still got over a week of curing to go, but initial signs are looking promising. Super energetic smoke, already super smooth and potent with fairly decent flavour and nose. Mainly getting some creamy notes with a really funky undertone, hints of sweet and fruit but not really coming through on taste just yet.

I have high hopes this will be a great daytime smoke that I can stash away if I don't smoke it all before the next harvest :rofl:

Final weight was 13.4oz nugs, 4oz sugar leaf. Very happy with that and confident I can beat that with my next crop 🤞 I got about 5 gram of kief from trimming and that's into a jam jar, labelled and stored in the fridge (14-15c) - I'm gonna slow cure that for ages and try it in the future as some sort of "Special Reserve" - I love it :D

The bud structure itself I'm not over the moon with, not airy as such but being 60% sativa it doesn't seem to bulk out as much as maybe I'd like. Or maybe that's down to growing style, I'm growing an indica next so I can compare and re-evaluate after that harvest,

I'll share pics when I grab a nug from curing, so about a week or so :) I'll also do a final smoke report when it's cured some.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the long weekend (If your lucky enough to have Monday off like we do here in the UK!) :green_heart:
What a haul of creamy next level goodness! Monday's my wedding anniversary, I didn't think you guys celebrated across the pond?

What a haul of creamy next level goodness! Monday's my wedding anniversary, I didn't think you guys celebrated across the pond?
I'll certainly light a fattie in celebration of you and your wife @StoneOtter. Congratulations mate :D

It's a bank holiday this weekend and next weekend the plebs get another to witness the divine ascendency (/s) of King Charles so it's good times on this side of the pond too :rofl:

Congrats to you and Charles on that great haul!
I don't smoke it all before the next harvest
True but with a...
Final weight was 13.4oz nugs, 4oz sugar leaf.
You'd have to have a very high grams/day need to burn through that much that quickly. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'll share pics when I grab a nug from curing, so about a week or so I'll also do a final smoke report when it's cured some.
Looking forward to that, post-coronation of course! 👑

Congrats to you and Charles on that great haul!

True but with a...

You'd have to have a very high grams/day need to burn through that much that quickly. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking forward to that, post-coronation of course! 👑
I had a bet with my cousin that if it was over 15oz nugs I'd sing God Save the King on the doorstep, thankfully that never came to fruition :rofl:

Thanks a lot mate, your right there's no chance of me smoking all that before the next crop :rofl: I should be able to save a decent bit and really get to grips with longer curing and how that effects taste and effect.

As soon as his divine majesty has been sworn in, and the nation has loudly sworn it's allegieance I will be back with some nug pictures to celebrate :D :cheer:

Thanks 41 is our number this year! Blissful every one!
Happy Anniversery to you and Mrs Otter mate, I hope you have a well deserved and lovely day together. All the best mate :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom