2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

Looking good and healthy, super thick stem already. The 4th node has grown out and the 5th node is developing so I think it's time to take the 5th node off? Then in 24 or 48 hours after checking response I will remove the bottom nodes I think...

Environment right now: 25c and 65% rH average with DLI around 42

Feed right now:
Res filled up to 50% with full veg nutes (1.5ml/l Grow, 1ml/L Micro, 0.5ml/L Bloom, Fulvic, Silica & CalMag)

Day 8 of veg:
tropibanana1.jpg

tropibanana2.jpg
tropibanana3.jpg
tropibanana4.jpg
Super healthy growth man good job

The next one up as well Wef. So you end up left with the third and 4th nodes growth. Do you see what I mean?
Only kind of, I thought that was the case before I started chopping but I've removed 4 branches already, 2 sets of leaves and then I hesitated and confused myself :rofl:

Thanks a lot @Carmen Ray I'll chop the extra one above when lights come back on in a few hours :D

Quad quad quad quad!

Scrape that stem bare after unless you get that lucky second pop up at the bottom at soil level already. Merry had that of my Banners and have 3 new grow like that. She was a quad with an extra twin. Weighed out way bigger than Angus.
Scrape the stems bare where I chopped? Will they regrow if not or something? :D I'm clueless first time I'm doing this just tried to make some clean cuts with clean snips!

Super healthy growth man good job
Thanks so much @GreenFingaz, really appreciate it :)) Very happy with how she's going so far.

I've removed 4 branches already, 2 sets of leaves and then I hesitated and confused myself :rofl:
Hang on, before you chop anything else off. check with Azi or someone. If you have already taken off 4 leaves and 4 branches, then you have already taken them both off.

Hang on, before you chop anything else off. check with Azi or someone. If you have already taken off 4 leaves and 4 branches, then you have already taken them both off.
See that's what I thought but my counting of said nodes was the same as what your saying until I actually chopped lol. I've proper confused myself with this which is quite impressive and a testament to the quality of smoke I'm enjoying currently :rofl:

1672942391825.png

If this is accurate labelling then I've correctly removed 1 and 2 lol xD

Can you do another pic, of the top portion of the plant. I think if you have removed nodes one and two, it looks like you have five to six nodes on there. I may be mistaken but that's what it is looking like from here.

Can you do another pic, of the top portion of the plant. I think if you have removed nodes one and two, it looks like you have five to six nodes on there. I may be mistaken but that's what it is looking like from here.
I can in a few hours just bedtime at the moment and don't wanna introduce any light.

I think I just realised why I'm confused, so checking the chopped off parts I can see TWO big leaves and FOUR sets of small leaves (Like, there's 3-4 small leaves on these stems), so the ones I chopped seem to be node one and there was four subnodes already??

I'll grab a picture of the cut parts and it might help solve the puzzle lol

chopped_sections.jpg

I didn't know it could grow these extra subnodes so quickly it's crazy, I am only thinking they are "subnodes" (I don't even know if that's a term) because they aren't large singular leaves like the first two nodes definitely should be?

Edit: After looking back through thephotos since the start I'm pretty confident the next big leaves up are node 2 so gonna chop that at lights on in 3 hours then top tomorrow or the day after.

I'm curious what the offshoots are called as well, and curious that it looks to me as the cotelydons grew an offshoot and that explains why it's on the other side to node1?

Here are the results:

quadline-start4.jpg
quadline-start1.jpg
quadline-start2.jpg
quadline-start3.jpg

@Azimuth Sorry to summon you mate but any advice would be welcome, hopefully you can make out what I mean by the pictures, clearly I'm stoned as a mfer but I need a second opinion on whether I need to remove another or just top it now?
I count them the same way you do, Weff. Your first two nodes got kind of jammed up together but you've got it right.

The idea is that the first nodes or two can be a bit weaker than the upper nodes so we cut them off. You want to be left with two strong, opposite nodes, and top just above that to keep the plant low.

Carry on. :smokin:

I count them the same way you do, Weff. Your first two nodes got kind of jammed up together but you've got it right.

The idea is that the first nodes or two can be a bit weaker than the upper nodes so we cut them off. You want to be left with two strong, opposite nodes, and top just above that to keep the plant low.

Carry on. :smokin:
:thanks:

Gonna top later today or tomorrow and then we are well on the way :))

I should also say that above node 4 the nodes start coming off in an alternating fashion so it will make it more difficult to get a balanced plant with training. Not impossible though as I do it all the time with clones, but it's certainly easier to get a symmetrical plant using the opposite facing nodes.

I should also say that above node 4 the nodes start coming off in an alternating fashion so it will make it more difficult to get a balanced plant with training. Not impossible though as I do it all the time with clones, but it's certainly easier to get a symmetrical plant using the opposite facing nodes.
Ok great info Azi, thanks. I'm fairly certain I've done it correctly and I have node 3 and 4 ready for training after the topping :)

Great news as well, I did the last chop to the plant at lights on last night, very droopy girl after losing some limbs but just 12 hours later she is PRAYING with me to the cannabis gods so I'm delighted. I might even top today before lights out as she's clearly so unphazed by the ordeal?

For topping I can just make a clean cut above node 4 right? There's nothing special to bare in mind with the technique?

pre-topping1.jpg
pre-topping2.jpg
pre-topping3.jpg
pre-topping4.jpg

For topping I can just make a clean cut above node 4 right? There's nothing special to bare in mind with the technique?
Correct, though I like to leave a bit of a stump to help prevent splitting at that node layer in flower when the weight of opposing branches inceases.

Correct, though I like to leave a bit of a stump to help prevent splitting at that node layer in flower when the weight of opposing branches inceases.
Bugger I didn't leave much of a stump :D All good, noted for next time lol.

These pics are approx 20 hours after topping. Bring on the symmetrical growth !!

Day 10 (Day 25 above ground):
tropic.jpg
tropic2.jpg

tropic3.jpg

Feeding proper veg nutrients now, adding seaweed and nettle tonic for next res fill now they have arrived. All looking good to my eye :)

Day 12 of Veg (Day 27 above ground):
tropiban.jpg
tropiban2.jpg
tropiban3.jpg
tropiban4.jpg

All the water has been drained so she is drinking well already, think maybe 2.5 litres every 48 hours or so approximately.

Noticed a tiny bit of leaf change/damage on one new leaf, wondering if anyone knows what that could be? I'm very keen to get ahead of any defiency or issues well before they become a big problem now after witnessing how fast it snowballs on my first grow.

I'm keen to start tying stuff down but the stems have a tinge of purple in them so I'm not convinced it's sturdy enough to risk? I'm not sure :)

I believe my next steps regarding quadlining are to get a slight incline on my four main branches by tying them down and start trimming all leaves that are pointing inwards as they will block light?

Day 13 of Veg (Day 28 above ground):
(potential leaf issue first)
leafdamage-trop.jpg
trop1.jpg
trop2.jpg
trop3.jpg

Yeah both my first grow were asymmetrical. One was light in terms of buds on maybe 60 degrees of the 360 total the other was perfect. Sound advice you can coach them but not always win, I guess?

A two journal man Weff! Its hectic as hey? 😂

I’m feeling like its quiet days right now for me )soon to change) but popcorn at hand as #1 grow for you goes to harvest and #2 goes flower quite close after?

Doing good it looks like to me buddy!

Nick

Yeah both my first grow were asymmetrical. One was light in terms of buds on maybe 60 degrees of the 360 total the other was perfect. Sound advice you can coach them but not always win, I guess?

A two journal man Weff! Its hectic as hey? 😂

I’m feeling like its quiet days right now for me )soon to change) but popcorn at hand as #1 grow for you goes to harvest and #2 goes flower quite close after?

Doing good it looks like to me buddy!

Nick
Yeah mate I thought it best to keep them seperate, I will eventually do one proper perpetual journal I think but I wanna get the hang of things first :)

It's not too much work currently as it's just loads of watering and refilling humidifiers/emptying dehumidifiers but soon it will be picking up pace when I've gotta keep on top of training and add in drying/curing to the mix.

I can't imagine how busy you will be lol :rofl: I don't envy you... well maybe a bit ;)

Yeah maybe a month left till harvest and this one is maybe 4-5 weeks from flip, timing should work out pretty well 🤞

I’m terrified about timing right now. Balancing a desperate desire to pop some more seeds with lets wait because otherwise you’ll run out of space.

My crazy motorbike riding brain is saying do it and just make a plans when you’re literally “in the weeds” busy.

My more sensible brain is saying - yeah but what happens when something like a pest infection you thought would be impossible hits!

Because it will 😂

I’m terrified about timing right now. Balancing a desperate desire to pop some more seeds with lets wait because otherwise you’ll run out of space.

My crazy motorbike riding brain is saying do it and just make a plans when you’re literally “in the weeds” busy.

My more sensible brain is saying - yeah but what happens when something like a pest infection you thought would be impossible hits!

Because it will 😂
Yeah it's difficult lol, I would say just pop them but you don't wanna outgrow your veg space before the flower one is ready, worst case you could just flip in veg room until flower room clears? Idk :D

Back
Top Bottom