2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

Flipped yesterday, maybe chopped my OG slightly early (10% max amber) but I really don't want to veg for any longer I'd hate to get root bound or too tall for the light.

I kind of forgot myself and maybe did a bit of defol lol... It was just way way too bushy and hard to manage, I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle defol in a week or two if I let it slide now.

Just removed the very bottom fan leaves that were blocked and also any alternating nodes that directed inwards. Probably not done a perfect job but a lesson here to make sure I keep on top of that in the future. I'm also planning to take a cutting and try make my first bonsai mother... we'll see how that goes :D

I still need to train the canopy more evenly but I'm gonna try that this morning before lights out if I can find the time.

My new seeds also arrived, managed to snag some Zawtz crosses for half price off so jackpot, look forward to them on my next grow :)

Day 1 Flower (Day 50 above ground):
tropban_01_02_1.jpg
tropban_01_02_2.jpg
tropban_01_02_3.jpg
tropban_01_02_4.jpg

I think the SaugaView(tm) highlights how I didn't so such a great job lol.

I think there is probably some lower growth that may still need removing but I'm gonna wait until I create a better canopy to get a better idea of anything that will be stealing energy from my colas.

Environment Notes: 0.95kPa to 1.2kPa (Environment around 23-24c & Humidity around %50)

Flipped yesterday, maybe chopped my OG slightly early (10% max amber) but I really don't want to veg for any longer I'd hate to get root bound or too tall for the light.

I kind of forgot myself and maybe did a bit of defol lol... It was just way way too bushy and hard to manage, I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle defol in a week or two if I let it slide now.

Just removed the very bottom fan leaves that were blocked and also any alternating nodes that directed inwards. Probably not done a perfect job but a lesson here to make sure I keep on top of that in the future. I'm also planning to take a cutting and try make my first bonsai mother... we'll see how that goes :D

I still need to train the canopy more evenly but I'm gonna try that this morning before lights out if I can find the time.

My new seeds also arrived, managed to snag some Zawtz crosses for half price off so jackpot, look forward to them on my next grow :)

Day 1 Flower (Day 50 above ground):
tropban_01_02_1.jpg
tropban_01_02_2.jpg
tropban_01_02_3.jpg
tropban_01_02_4.jpg

I think the SaugaView(tm) highlights how I didn't so such a great job lol.

I think there is probably some lower growth that may still need removing but I'm gonna wait until I create a better canopy to get a better idea of anything that will be stealing energy from my colas.

Environment Notes: 0.95kPa to 1.2kPa (Environment around 23-24c & Humidity around %50)
Your doing great man dont sweat🤙. shes guna be an absolute beast in a couple of weeks filling out lovely.

Your doing great man dont sweat🤙. shes guna be an absolute beast in a couple of weeks filling out lovely.
Cheers @GreenFingaz - Very exciting, can't wait to see her grow, my first photoperiod :D

I managed too tie down the main 4 branches so they spread out further, the challenge lies with doing the side branches of the main 4 stems, getting those level will be a challenge but I'm gonna try tomorrow and see if I can do it... if not, maybe supercrop but I'm hesistant to add in anything really new to me at this stage lol.

Don't have time before lights out to do anymore so tomorrow I'll see what else I can do.

Bonus pics with bamboo sticks in binder clips:
tropban_tieddown1.jpg

tropban_tieddown2.jpg
tropban_tieddown3.jpg

I'm watching a video now with Dr Bruce Bugbee in, he's talking about top pruning and doing it about 1 week after flip... would that be a possibility? Topping the stems that are way above and letting them fill out the middle for a more even canopy?

I will try to tie them down but failing that I need a backup plan lol.

Edit: I might try Bamboo sticks into the soil and tying directly to those by curling the branches down and around? The issue I have is with pulling the stems down, they want to go out, I want them to go and fill the middle if possible, or stay where they are but reduce height some other way.

Hey Weff, nice going!
Cheers Stone :D :passitleft:

Think I'm maybe getting early signs of an issue which I need to solve asap, I did match the DLI but maybe it's growing so quickly each day that the light needs raising daily... it's gonna be 12 days till I get a phone capable of checking DLI daily so 🤞 she stays strong...

There is also one tiny rust spot I can see but as it's only one leaf so far I'll monitor that closely.

I do think it is a light issue... For now I've just turned the lights down by 2 on the controller until I can properly check DLI again when I can lend a mates phone.

Any advice is welcome, last time it snowballed so quickly so I'm very cautious this time round lol.

Day 3:
tropban1.jpg
tropban2.jpg
tropban3.jpg
tropban4.jpg

I'm also stumped on how to tie the middle ones down, any sort of downward pressure on the stem causes them to go outwards due to the fact they are so tall and straight up... for future I think I need to tie down the first nodes that appear on the main 4 stems as otherwise they grow too tall and straight.

I am thinking about Supercropping but there is 8 total branches that are higher than the rest of the canopy, so I don't think there is room for 8 supercrops in the middle there lol?

I am tempted at this point to leave it and see how we go, it would mean 8 main coals and then the rest of the nodes are a fair bit lower, it's not really ideal but I'm starting to think it's too late/too much for me to fix as a novice :D

Looks like a little canoeing which I often too much light (or too close) so good idea on the dial down.
Cheers for confirming mate, I need to be checking DLI way more often or I think target it lower when I can check so they have light to grow into as this seems to be a common occurence :D

Loft the lights and feed easy (but you're not really in control of that I guess)

Its not similar to the deficiency you had last time?
Similar in that the leaves are going light green/yellowy but no :D last time I really f'd up the bloom nutes, I fed too much N and then was too late switching to higher EC and P & K levels.

This time is definitely light and I'm gonna try my best not to the make the same mistake as last time :rofl: I'm feeding veg nutes still for the first few days so they aren't shocked by any EC change. Then switching to preflower feed, which has increased levels of everything then but plenty of N for stretch, as soon as stretch stops I'm cutting the N and swtiching to full bloom :D

I'll defo raise the lights though and report back on how they are recovering tomorrow.

I have my lights on during the night for $$ reasons but with photoperiods it only gives me a few hours in the morning to do any jobs in the tent xD

Similar in that the leaves are going light green/yellowy but no :D last time I really f'd up the bloom nutes, I fed too much N and then was too late switching to higher EC and P & K levels.

This time is definitely light and I'm gonna try my best not to the make the same mistake as last time :rofl: I'm feeding veg nutes still for the first few days so they aren't shocked by any EC change. Then switching to preflower feed, which has increased levels of everything then but plenty of N for stretch, as soon as stretch stops I'm cutting the N and swtiching to full bloom :D

I'll defo raise the lights though and report back on how they are recovering tomorrow.

I have my lights on during the night for $$ reasons but with photoperiods it only gives me a few hours in the morning to do any jobs in the tent xD
I mean if you want to do something like a reverse smash switcheroo with the Ph let me know I am happy to give you some pointers but I wouldn’t advise it with this situation 🤣

I'm getting a spot as well.
Hopefully just the one for us both mate, can't be dealing with an outbreak :rofl:

I've also decided to scrog, it's gonna be a pain in the butt but I can create an even canopy much easier I think, and that's worth the effort right now!

Put a trellis net in so I can control the canopy, gonna be awkward but also should mean a better harvest and that's all that matters. I'm hoping the lower branches all come up to the trellis height and the ones that are at the trellis now I'm tucking under.

Still looking bad from the lights I've put them higher and reduced DLI to 35 now which is really low but I'll try turn it up as the days go by, as long as she stops canoeing.

Day 4
tropbanscrog_1.jpg
tropbanscrog_2.jpg

tropbanscrog_3.jpg

She is drinking way less currently, filled this morning but the res wasn't even empty. The amount she drinks shouldn't go down just because of flip right? DLI is still only 35 but the canoeing hasn't completely stopped so I've not increased brightness just yet.

We're approaching the end of week 1, I'm gonna closely monitor and when the budsites become more apparent I'll switch to preflower nutes, I'm assuming it should be sometime in the next few days. She's had veg nutes for the first week of flip, switching to preflower soon and then shouldn't be long after I'll be switching to full bloom nutes.

Day 6
tropbannet1.jpg
tropbannet2.jpg
tropbannet3.jpg
tropbannet4.jpg

She is drinking way less currently, filled this morning but the res wasn't even empty. The amount she drinks shouldn't go down just because of flip right? DLI is still only 35 but the canoeing hasn't completely stopped so I've not increased brightness just yet.
It's interesting to be able to see how much water we give them. I flipped yesterday. I'll watch for usage.

Back
Top Bottom