2nd LED Grow, Kali Mist

Re: Staffy's 2nd GLH Grow, Kali Mist

thanks you. just trying to get everything readdy before i chop her and start trimmin.

i got a scope to hook up to computer so i can show u guys the trichs :) ya!!

Cool.I am also wanting to get one of them scopes here pretty soon.Does it auto focus..These manual scopes bite and are hard to focus on things unless you take a cutting.

Cool.I am also wanting to get one of them scopes here pretty soon.Does it auto focus..These manual scopes bite and are hard to focus on things unless you take a cutting.

no it doesnt auto focus. i borrowed it from my dispensary i go to. pretty suprised he let me use it. :) good guy tho.
im gonna put up a pic of it in a min.

scope i borrowed. trich pics will be later :)

my_grow_576.jpg

my_grow_577.jpg

Between your pics of your KM and my power bill, I'm really wanting some LED lighting right about now. Should probably wait 'til I'm competent with the gear I've got to invest in new stuff though. lol. Really great-looking plants you've grown though, Staffy. I bet they taste even sweeter. :bravo:

thanks man, to be honest i havent really seen a change in my bills when i wasnt growing. and these lights work great.IMO

trimmin was great , took a while doin her on my own. got her hangin in my closet now. got two thermastat with the nugs and above , got the door cracked alittle, bucket of water on ground and humidifier on low, fan blowing but not on buds facin up a little. top one reads 55% RH and 66 degrees. one with buds reads 46%RH and 64 degrees.

scope i borrowed doesnt actually zoom in on trichs as much as i thought. just pretty close pics. ok, i might put some pics up of it.

heres pics of trimmed buds and hangin.
my_grow_578.jpg
my_grow_579.jpg
my_grow_580.jpg
my_grow_581.jpg
my_grow_582.jpg
my_grow_583.jpg
my_grow_584.jpg
my_grow_588.jpg
my_grow_587.jpg
my_grow_585.jpg
my_grow_586.jpg

Looks great staffy!

2.5 - 3z's is my guess but it's hard to tell.

That looks like really good temps and rh for the dry and cure.

Did you get any of those hygrometers we were talking about in SS's thread?

I just ordered 2 of them, wish I could afford more

Western Caliber III 3 Cigar Humidor Digital Hygrometer - eBay (item 270658540732 end time Feb-01-11 00:rofl:23 PST)

You quoted this in the thread but I'll post it here again to refresh all our memories:

Originally Posted by thinkerr View Post
this is what irishboy has been posting for curing ----------

It's a very simple and effective process:

Cut the product, trim it per your preference, but don't dry it until the stems snap. Take it down while the stems still have some flex, but the product feel dry on the outside. This is a perfect opportunity to drop the dry-feeling flowers onto a screen and collect prime-quality kief that would otherwise get lost in the jar.

Jar the product, along with a Caliber III hygrometer. One can be had on Ebay for ~$20. Having tested a number of hygrometers - digital and analog - this model in particular produced consistent, accurate results. Then, watch the readings:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don't panic. Read below:

Obviously, the product need time to sweat in the jar. As such, accurate readings won't be seen for ~24 hours, assuming the flowers are in the optimal cure zone. If you're curing the product for long-term storage, give the flowers 4-5 days for an accurate reading. If the product is sill very wet, a +70% RH reading will show within hours. If you see the RH rising ~1% per hour, keep a close eye on the product, as it's likely too moist.

Good luck my friend. Bring her home :tokin:

Looks great staffy!

2.5 - 3z's is my guess but it's hard to tell.

That looks like really good temps and rh for the dry and cure.

Did you get any of those hygrometers we were talking about in SS's thread?

I just ordered 2 of them, wish I could afford more

Western Caliber III 3 Cigar Humidor Digital Hygrometer - eBay (item 270658540732 end time Feb-01-11 00:rofl:23 PST)

You quoted this in the thread but I'll post it here again to refresh all our memories:

Originally Posted by thinkerr View Post
this is what irishboy has been posting for curing ----------

It's a very simple and effective process:

Cut the product, trim it per your preference, but don't dry it until the stems snap. Take it down while the stems still have some flex, but the product feel dry on the outside. This is a perfect opportunity to drop the dry-feeling flowers onto a screen and collect prime-quality kief that would otherwise get lost in the jar.

Jar the product, along with a Caliber III hygrometer. One can be had on Ebay for ~$20. Having tested a number of hygrometers - digital and analog - this model in particular produced consistent, accurate results. Then, watch the readings:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don't panic. Read below:

Obviously, the product need time to sweat in the jar. As such, accurate readings won't be seen for ~24 hours, assuming the flowers are in the optimal cure zone. If you're curing the product for long-term storage, give the flowers 4-5 days for an accurate reading. If the product is sill very wet, a +70% RH reading will show within hours. If you see the RH rising ~1% per hour, keep a close eye on the product, as it's likely too moist.

Good luck my friend. Bring her home :tokin:

thanks bro, id be happy with 2.5-3z's. no i havent purchase one yet. little low on fundage at the moment, so ill have to wait and see.

thanks for repostin this!

Nice job staffy, great looking tops. Well done:bravo:

I ordered a couple of those humidity guages. Thanks for the link.

thank you to all. really happy with her. i didnt do a wet weight cuz i left alot of stemage on the buds, but very good news, i dont have a hay smell, just a wet nice bud smell :) really happy about this.
:party:

Back
Top Bottom