2nd Soil Grow: White Widow x Creeper Cross 600 Watt

Took some pictures today inside the tent with the HPS on...I didn't like the way they turned out so I will take some tomorrow outside of the tent. I did get one good picture of plant B's flowers. Today marks the 14th day since the switch to 12/12. :)

I also started my compost tea so tomorrow the girls will have their first taste :morenutes:

3-15-2011_9_.JPG

Hey Martian thx for answering my question. So you just have a hole in the bottom of your box with a filter on it for air to go through while theirs a fan sucking air through the light and out of the room and its called a passive intake because theirs no fan pushin air into the room.....did i get all that right? Is this also the same thing Hemprocket is doin?

Racoon1

Well for the most part that sounds right. The hole is not in the bottom of my air cooled light, but on the sides. I have glass encasing the bottom of the light. I don't really have a carbon filter on it right now. All I have is a fish tank water filter plugging up half of the right side hole (which you can see in pictures...its square) so that the air isn't pulled out of the tent too fast.

I am not sure if Hemprocket has intake fans installed at the bottom of his tent. The reason you don't want to have a fan installed as an intake is because it increases heat and the amount of work on your exhaust fan. Exhaust fan is always placed near the top so that it can extract the most heat out of the tent. I know he has fans inside his tent circulating air around and an exhaust fan. I now have the blue fan doing the same thing since I no longer need my DIY humidifier in this stage of the flower process.

New Flower Pictures coming shortly...I need to eat first LOL

:thanks: and :thanks:

I can't believe how fat these buds got over night with the compost tea. I will take some pictures tomorrow so you can compare. I think I just found my new fertilizer method.

Looking good...

and the longer the veg, the more root development, but also allows more prep for the bud sites, and increases the amount of bud sites or nodes within a givin area (more dense)

I will follow this one.

and the longer the veg, the more root development, but also allows more prep for the bud sites, and increases the amount of bud sites or nodes within a givin area (more dense)

I completely agree with longer vegging times....but the primary growth period for these girls really didn't start until I put them into the tent under the MH bulb. They doubled their size in two weeks (horizontal & vertical). :slide:

I think part of the reason they are so healthy is because they are from seed so they have more vigor and I transplanted at correct times. Well, the soil mixture they are in probably is hurting either. LOL

Judging by the rate of growth with plenty of time to spare you may be pulling closer towards 1/4 lb a plant! :thumb:

It's like you're raising a couple punk rock girls with spikey hairdos :rocker: They are gonna become compost teaholics! Just make sure they don't start stage diving :)

May your thumbs stay green. :goodjob:

:Namaste:

Well....my HPS bulb decided to die on me today. We were lucky because my gf noticed it right away. So I went to the hydrostore and picked up a GE High Output 95,000 Watt bulb :)

I also noticed I have a few fungas gnats....did you all know that Bounce Dryer Sheets repells them from the grow area? Here is a cool link about a scientific study on it Bounce – it’s not just a fabric softening sheet...

I have also seen a very small percentage of leaves folding down and some older fan leaves have small brown spots in the veins. Anyone have any ideas? I am thinking it might be a bit of nute burn recovery or at some point I had nitrogen toxicity.

Edit: These pictures are not the best quality, but I am too tired to pull the girls out of the tent tonight for pictures. Its getting really hard moving them. LOL

Picture Update Day 21 in Flower:

Plant A & B:

3-22-2011_2_.JPG

Plant A:

P10307641.JPG

Plant B:

P1030748.JPG

P10307551.JPG

P1030751.JPG

P1030757.JPG

Back
Top Bottom