2nd sprout in same pot? What is this in my pic?

DvJeff

IMAG0830-1.jpg

I took a picture of my plant so far, it just sprouted yesterday... i'm not sure how long it's supposed to take for first leaves to spread open, but it's been 24 hours since it surfaced & it's still closed up like that, but just a tad taller...

Anyways, when I planted the seed, it took over 4 days to surface, so as I was getting impatient, i tried to lightly brush some of the top layer of soil away & noticed a little white stem looking thing right at the top layer, when I woke up in the morning, it was still there, but there was an even bigger white thing emerging (turned out to be the sprout) but that original white stem thing is still there right next to it, as you can see in the picture... any ideas of what this is? good or bad? I thought it could have been a second sprout, which didnt make sense, since there's only one seed in there...

Also, if anyone knows or can tell, it looks like it has a very tad bit of a brown shade to the sprout... is this bad? I'm using cfls right now, but they're in a reflector & about 4-5 inches away cause of heat... the room fluctuates between 78 & 82 degrees. Thanks a ton everyone.

Back
Top Bottom