2nd year growing this year: I’m delving into a lot more seriously this year

Hambone555

My question is to make an outdoor VERTICLE SCROG...! o_O

Plants are going in the same spot as the ones I had last year. However my space is a little limited. Also have a little intermittent sun blockage in two spots at different times of the day from neighboring massive trees (South)

Attached is picture to give you an idea with the fence and cedar bush behind it (North) I wish to have the vertical SCROG Facing South. Where it gets all of its sun.

I’m planting in the ground White Widow feminized, F*cking Incredible Feminized and Master Kush feminized.

I will be putting a pot into the soil slightly below ground level with the bottom cut out, to control root growth. (should I?) and will be making my own activated aerated teas this year. Keeping organic as much as possible. Not 100% organic but as much as I can, so I can learn.

P.s. I DO have the marijuana grow bible 3rd edition. But I’m looking for more of a specific feedback with my set up, if at all possible.
12922814-F47B-4506-B206-4B8F256B71D5.jpeg

Welcome to 420,Hambone :welcome:

I will be putting a pot into the soil slightly below ground level with the bottom cut out, to control root growth.
Might as well just lose the whole pot-you don't really need to control the roots if it's in the ground.
Your plan sounds good...you may find that you don't need to add nutrients-they seem to seek out and find all they need when they're in the ground-I've got sandy soil in my yard,which is like growing in beach sand,and somehow they get all they need from it.

Hi Hambone, I'd go strait in the ground. They like it there. I think roots might like the freedom to search around freely and grow more naturally. In the ground they don't grow too deep 16 or 18 inches is what I gather from reading and I've grown at that depth. They do grow a good circumference so I make my hole about 2 feet wide or a little better. That's just one way. Your way will grow too. You asked.
I like the vertical thoughts you're having. You should be able to do something with training as they go. I'd try to get the training done before they start flowering.

Hi Hambone, I'd go strait in the ground. They like it there. I think roots might like the freedom to search around freely and grow more naturally. In the ground they don't grow too deep 16 or 18 inches is what I gather from reading and I've grown at that depth. They do grow a good circumference so I make my hole about 2 feet wide or a little better. That's just one way. Your way will grow too. You asked.
I like the vertical thoughts you're having. You should be able to do something with training as they go. I'd try to get the training done before they start flowering.
Hey StoneOtter.

Thanks for the tips. I saw this video on YouTube about watering from this girl Alya or something and it mentioned something about keep the root system somewhat closer together, which is supposed to make a stronger stalk and absorb all the necessary nutrients with more raze, rather than have to grow and reach for it and find what it needs.

I will keep you guys posted.

Ultimately my goal is to get wifey to smoke outdoor. She’s an avid smoker, where I am not. 9times our of 10 she won’t smoke outdoor because of the taste. So plan this year is to show her it can be done.

Welcome to 420,Hambone :welcome:

Might as well just lose the whole pot-you don't really need to control the roots if it's in the ground.
Your plan sounds good...you may find that you don't need to add nutrients-they seem to seek out and find all they need when they're in the ground-I've got sandy soil in my yard,which is like growing in beach sand,and somehow they get all they need from it.

I totally misunderstood the video on water in soil outdoor. I am not going thru on the “cut-out” bottom into the soil.

I got that part all wrong. ‍♂️ Lol

Ultimately my goal is to get wifey to smoke outdoor. She’s an avid smoker, where I am not. 9times our of 10 she won’t smoke outdoor because of the taste. So plan this year is to show her it can be done.
You should be able to pull off a vertical scrog. There's lot's of online tutorials for espalier training of various plants & is basically the same.

I'm the opposite of yr spouse--I only smoke outdoor grown weed--the indoor stuff always tastes inferior to me.

Grow on!

You should be able to pull off a vertical scrog. There's lot's of online tutorials for espalier training of various plants & is basically the same.

I'm the opposite of yr spouse--I only smoke outdoor grown weed--the indoor stuff always tastes inferior to me.

Grow on!
Thanks for the tips. I looked it up. I got my prototype up on the the bigger one of the 6.... so we’ll see

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom