2x 1000watt HPS vs. What wattage LED?

gfdiesel

hello there. i am currently running 2 1000 watt HPS lights in a 7ftx7ft room. as summer is approaching i have been thinking about switching to mars hydro LED lighting. first off, has anyone done side by side comparison HPS vs. LED? secondly, what/how many LEDs would i need to get the performance and coverage i get outta my 2000watts of HPS? i really would like to knock my electric bill down, and knock some summer heat outta my room. but those LEDs are damn expensive to just experiment with. thanks :thanks:

What are you getting out of your 2 x 1000 watt lights??... How many plants do you plan on growing in a 7'x7' tent?? What kind of yield are looking to get... Wall to wall plants can be hard to manage....
Watt for watt my SS 315 lec will match or out produce any led of comparable watts and dollar cost... Hard to believe huh.. Check out my current grow.... My two ss315 plants should yield 10-14 ozs each.... That's just a guess on my part, but i don't think it's very far off....

Sun systems isn't the only 315 agro elite option and neither is the genuine philips agro elite.
There are several companies making ballasts that run the 315 on a low frequency square wave (which is the reason they perform so well).
For instance theres the HF phantom cmh with remote ballast ane air cooled hood option.
Solis tek is making a version of the agro elite butv they boast low E glass for more uv.
Running two SS lec and one phantom cmh in a SS luxor hood with mogul extension and mogul to pgzx18 adapter and am liking that so much im going to buy another phantom cmh and solis lamp for the OG hood.

Back
Top Bottom