2x 400w HID's in a small space?

What would you do in a 30"x60" grow space?

• 2x 400w Dual Arc HIDs without air-coooled hoods

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 2x 600w HPS's with air cooled hoods @ 75%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another option I listed below!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Galavant

420 Member
Hello All!
I am planning my first scrog grow and am trying to hammer out some details with the lighting. My grow area is 30"x60" (12.5 sqft) Each lamp will cover a 30"x30" screen.
For the same money, I can get 2x 400w Dual Arc HPS+MH lights in non cooled hood reflectors, or 2x 600w HPS lights with air cooled hoods. Both have digital ballasts. I would probably run the 600w @ 75%. My question is would I be able to keep 2x 400w HID's cool in that space with ~200cfm ventilation in the closet since they are not air cooled? My other option is to run the 2x 600w lamps with an 8" duct fan I have. If I went that route, I would probably mount the fan with a carbon filter in the closet, and have it pushing into a T with one outlet going to each hood. Would that be a better choice? The grow is in an unoccupied climate controlled building with a large A/C that will keep room temps 72 to 75 degrees.

Both options should be +7000 lumens per square feet I believe.

Why couldn't you run the 400w with air-cooled reflectors?
Unfortunately it is not offered with an air cooled hood that I can afford or I would have already ordered them. Here is a picture of the 400w Dual Arc setups. I have contemplated attempting to enclose the bottom with glass, and attach duct connectors to make them air cooled, but I don't want to rig up something and create a fire hazard.

Back
Top Bottom