2'x2' 1 Plant Scrog - T5 - Advanced LED 200W Local OG - 1st Grow

crakasteven

What strain is it - Local OG (Louie xiii)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica or Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? week 3
If in Flower stage... For how long? -
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Vermifire: Nutrient rich potting soil (1.6-1-0.6)
If soil... What size pot? 5 gallon pot transplanted to 16" pot
Size of light? 2' x 4 bulb t5 -> upgraded to 2x t5 2'x4 bulb fixtures + Advanced LED 200w
Is it aircooled? no
Temp of Room/cab? low 70's
RH of Room/cab? 30%
PH of media or res? ~7
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? every third day
Type and strength of ferts used? General Organics Go Box - Suggested values on box for veg

Long time lurker first time poster excited to post my first ever grow to these boards! Reading all these forums and everybody's grow journals is inspiring and has helped me learn a lot about growing medicine. I am a prop 215 sb 420 compliant patient doing a hobby grow for some personal meds, my goal is simply to get the best product I can for the equipment I am using. I am only concerned with growing 1 plant this go around even though I have plenty of room to expand.

Anyways, it's a local cut, rumored to be Louie XIII but who knows. We got it as a teen on 12/20/13 so i would say our plant is about three weeks old now. We have been vegging under a 2' x 4 bulb t5 fixture, but now have upgraded our setup to include 2 t5 fixtures + a 200w Diamond Series Advanced LED 3w light system (so far I am pleased, have only used it for a week so far.)

Here she is as a youngling
2i8f8f8.jpg

This is now about 2 weeks since moving the rockwool cube in soil
(nutes just started)
ezo9zq.jpg

This is our new setup, before we installed the scrog this is week 2.5
bio74g.jpg

This is week 3, we re-arranged some of the light fixtures, have installed a scrog net and are letting the plant bush out like crazy.
2el89z9.jpg

Have just ordered a couple 3000k bulbs to mix in with the 6600k when we decide to turn her over. Like I said our goal is to get some good medicine and see what kind of quality we can get with strictly LED and t5 power. Welcome advice for this noob! Cheers! :smokin:

Re: 2'x2' 1 Plant Scrog, t5, Advanced LED 200w Local OG *1st grow*

Looking good, quite a bit of growth since last pics. Whats going on with the net? Are you going to spread her out later or something?

We weren't really sure how wide of netting to use. At this point I'd like to let her get a little bigger, and possibly guide the larger branches onto the net for support. It's the science of winging it

I hear you. It will be good to have in case you end up needing it. Since you have side and over head lighting you probably wont need to spread it out much in the direction of the side lights but it might be possible to train front to back (based on your pic in post #6) to take full advantage of the side lights. I really dig this setup, I think your going to end up with an awesome result.

Although now looking at it again that thing is probably going to fill that whole space up no matter what you do lol.

How big are the gaps in the net, they look kinda big. I think people usually use somewhere around 2x4" netting for scrogs. With your light setup im not sure a scrog is really the way to go at least not a traditional flat one. Not that it wont work and work well but with all three of those lights you can get creative. I think a V shaped Scrog following your side lights could be bad ass with that light setup although you might need 2 plants to pull that off correctly. LST and just tying branches down to fill in that area would probably work really well also. Sorry, your setup is interesting and I cant stop my self from thinking of ways to pack tons of buds in there :D

Thanks for the input I appreciate it! I love the power of the internet for that reason! :high-five:

I like your idea of a double diagonal scrog, so what were you thinking?? Like 4" parallel with the t5's??? That's how im picturing it.
And Christmas treeing the thing up towards the LED. I think that would work better especially if I made a new scrog. The scrog I have now is 4x4", just some stuff i bought at the home depot.

Anyways like you said, I really have no choice this thing is growing out of control and I just plan on fimming and starting a LST to fill the rest of the screen this next week.

The screen will probably move up about 4 inches or more, like I said we're sort of winging it. Thanks alot for the input though!

Smokey, I like your setup alot too. How's that filter fan combo working out for you?? Im looking into them still and will need one for flowering Im sure, which one are you using and how well does it do for what you do??

also have been eyeing that TOP LED, that was my second choice to the advanced led but i have seen journals where both of them do just marvelously. Still interested...

What would work really well at least I think it would for this grow would be to leave the screen where it is and use it as a base to tie from. Then you can tie any branch that needs it exactly how it needs it and you have a nice grid base to tie on to. This way you could train your tops to fit that v shape all the way up. My first grow was a 1k watt hps in a cabnit that wasnt even a full 2x4 and no more than 6' high. The plant was old and had been pruned down hard several times while I was waiting for them to show sex. When I finally bloomed it it filled that entire damn box and I had to tie all my big colas down individually and it work really well I could place each one how it needed to be within reason. By the end they were still within inches of the light and somehow they managed to not bleach or have a problem until the last 2" of touching the cooltube.

The fan and filter are working great although I can't tell how well the filter is working untill my girls hit puberty. I just have it on there for some back pressure and so I don't have to hook it up later when the girls are bigger. I got the 6" can fan max fan and a 400cfm phresh filter. It is way over kill for my tent, on setting 1 out of 3 it has enough suction that I am going to need an intake fan to balance it out. It is almost silent on low setting too so thats a plus. I plan on plumbing my veg tent inline with my flower tent. I will have the intake fan for my flower tent inside my veg tent as its exhaust fan and put a 6" phresh intake filter on that to protect the two rooms from contaminating each other. This way I only need one filter / exhaust combo for both of my tents. Since I plan on growing an autoflower at a time in my veg tent along with my normal plants I have to have odor control on it as well.

I like that you don't have dead set plans on what to do with your training. I think its best to figure it out as you go like your doing and let the plants growth tell you what it needs to produce as good as it can. Every plant is different!

Hey everybody I've been working with Crakasteven on this setup and I thought I'd drop by with a few new pictures. Our lady is looking nice and healthy. In the last week we've had a total of 5 inches added to the overall height so her growth has yet to slow. We started moving branches out further on the scrog to open up the canopy. She seems to really enjoy it. The scrog has really filled up nicely.
27zlad.jpg

In order to bring down some of the temps in the tent, we installed an 8" inline fan and ducting as an exhaust route. The goal was to pull out the majority of the hot air from the upper portion of the tent. It's loud as sin but seems to keep the heat down.

In addition to our mother, we've added several small clones from a locally advertised supplier *cough*cough* craigslist*cough*. Our small tray of clones now include: OG Kush, Diamond OG, Super Sour Diesel, and also a small cutting of our King Louie mother plant.

Small tray of clones
14twlfl.jpg

We are in the process of building a new place to keep clones. It's basically going to be a tall wooden pallet with a 4' t-5 lamp on top. will have progress pics on that in the next week.

Here's a better idea of what's going on in that tray. Please forgive the kindergarten format.
a17lvo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom