2x2x4 tent: how tall & when to flip the switch?

I have the same set up as you for flower , but a 4x2x5’3” just about to finish my first sativa rub indoors , do you plan on filling the tent wall to wall with buds how long do you want to veg for. Or you just trying to master the craft with a quick veg to flower like me I vegged 85 days in this run and 105 in the last and got a nice yeikd tit the 105 days haven’t finish this one yet , but I am starting a 2x2 flower upstairs to try and do some wick veg to harvest so cass walking you through this may be perfect for what I want to do upstairs , I know he got amazing results from the last grow I followed of his. But veg time is all on how long you want to wait and how big you want your plants , if was to do my 2x4 again I would do 4 plants run a scrog too then at 8th node and let them fill up the scrog net I think I could fill the space in half the time and echo everything same results . So point is there’s so many ways and it’s all on what works for you brother , just do the math on your height so say I have 5 ft of space I need 12” for space in between lights and my pots are 18” high So that’s 2’6” already taken up so you can only grow a max plant height at the end of stretch of 2’6”
So in my small space I have to use a scrog net to keep my plants flat enough they all benifit from the light and the net is what keeps them from stretching into the danger Zone . Once they are too tall you can still make it work it’s just not ideal , supercropping late in the game can cause some negative affects but I’ve had to do it better to do it then to have the bud Burt up from the lights anyways enough of my stoner rambling , it’s very nice to see people starting new journals and I am VERY EXCITED to see what you do with your grow space

I have the same set up as you for flower , but a 4x2x5’3” just about to finish my first sativa rub indoors , do you plan on filling the tent wall to wall with buds how long do you want to veg for. Or you just trying to master the craft with a quick veg to flower like me I vegged 85 days in this run and 105 in the last and got a nice yeikd tit the 105 days haven’t finish this one yet , but I am starting a 2x2 flower upstairs to try and do some wick veg to harvest so cass walking you through this may be perfect for what I want to do upstairs , I know he got amazing results from the last grow I followed of his. But veg time is all on how long you want to wait and how big you want your plants , if was to do my 2x4 again I would do 4 plants run a scrog too then at 8th node and let them fill up the scrog net I think I could fill the space in half the time and echo everything same results . So point is there’s so many ways and it’s all on what works for you brother , just do the math on your height so say I have 5 ft of space I need 12” for space in between lights and my pots are 18” high So that’s 2’6” already taken up so you can only grow a max plant height at the end of stretch of 2’6”
So in my small space I have to use a scrog net to keep my plants flat enough they all benifit from the light and the net is what keeps them from stretching into the danger Zone . Once they are too tall you can still make it work it’s just not ideal , supercropping late in the game can cause some negative affects but I’ve had to do it better to do it then to have the bud Burt up from the lights anyways enough of my stoner rambling , it’s very nice to see people starting new journals and I am VERY EXCITED to see what you do with your grow space
And once again my dyslexia makes me look very intelligent once again , so this is perfect I am going to be flowing in a 2x2 aswell so this is every better for me . Mind if I tag along

By all means! As you can see, I decided to “quadline” my AK. I haven’t done anything with my Widow or Bubblegum. It’s good to hear what you’d do in your 2x2 because I’m tempted to scrog but don’t think I will this time. Yes, I’d like to fill the space wall to wall but seeing how small it is, I don’t think it’ll be hard to do. I don’t want to have to supercrop but may have to if things get outta hand? My journal is pretty boring but I guess for my first grow, it’s more for me than anyone else- but, I do post daily pictures and that’s what I like to see when I’m looking. Please feel free to jump in with any recommendations/advisement/tips any time, I’d love the feedback! As far as how long I plan to veg....however long it takes to get em up to about 9” I guess??? I’m in no hurry and would rather take my time then lose out on some nice bud. BTW- the days in my pictures are from the day they sprouted.

Hi,Gnarly!
I just want to suggest that you put a link to your grow journal in your signature...makes it
a lot easier for folks to find it- there's a lot of journals out there...
Here's how:

Hi,Gnarly!
I just want to suggest that you put a link to your grow journal in your signature...makes it
a lot easier for folks to find it- there's a lot of journals out there...
Here's how:
Thank you ! Now that I figured out how, I added it- just hope it works! I hope you follow along because I’ll be waiting for you to chime in any time!! BTW, you were correct, my AK was not ready to be topped today but maybe by this weekend?? I just realized my journal says “First time indoor grow” ummm.... this my first time EVER grow! Anything green I’ve stepped within a foot of, I've killed! So, this is pretty exciting for me!! Lol.

Hi,Gnarly-
I'd wait to stake things down till the branches are about an inch long- node 3 will need it first,then node 4,
probably about 4 days later. Not really any need to stake the leaves down,just wait for the branches-once you top a plant,the branches will start to grow pretty fast-within 5 days of topping, you should have 2 branches long enough to tie down (node 3), then in about 3 or 4 more days node 4's branches should be about right to tie down.
It won't hurt anything to stake the leaves down, but it's not really necessary yet-later on,the leaves may get in the way a little,then you can tie em down out of the way.

, I don’t know how to just send you a message
Just hover your pointer over my avatar-a box will pop up with 3 choices- Follow, Ignore,or Start Conversation-
the Conversation one is what you click on to send me a DM easy-peasy !
You may need to have 50 posts to send a DM,but I'm not sure about that- only 12 posts to go if you do...

{Two pictures listed are different times apart}Grow tent size (48x24x60) This is my first time indoor grow run I picked up everything cheap and off eBay due to the fact money’s kinda tight I have what’s claimed to be a 1200 watt light (keep in mind it’s $45 on eBay) my plants have been in this set up from purchas as clones roughly 3 weeks old, they seem to be looking very beautiful and I was just wondering if everything is going good and has anyone else used a light like this and actually had good buds come time to switch in flower. I was also looking to see your guys opinion on if I should get the same eBay “1200 watt” light again as number 2 because it seems as if that tent does not get enough *i would get better lights but due to money being an issue and this my first attempt I wanna just see what I can do. ANY INFORMATION ON HELPING ME GROWING IS VERY USEFUL ex.? how manny I can fit in there,what’s the recommended height in tent before switching to flower etc anything will help me thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 52722C97-15A0-4D59-843C-B93B731804E5.jpeg
    52722C97-15A0-4D59-843C-B93B731804E5.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 113
  • C50375DD-A60D-4522-829F-DFB32B85A1AC.jpeg
    C50375DD-A60D-4522-829F-DFB32B85A1AC.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 121
This tent is a little bigger being a 4*3 and the canopy is around 20" high and the growth has around 4-6" above the canopy screen, lights are then 1 2" above so a good total of around 40", extra 8" for your filter, perfect.

I just harvested a canopy like this but it was a 2*4, yielded just short of 20oz, highly recommend scrog but use 50*50mm mesh as the 100*100 isn't as effective.

Hi,Gnarly-
I'd wait to stake things down till the branches are about an inch long- node 3 will need it first,then node 4,
probably about 4 days later. Not really any need to stake the leaves down,just wait for the branches-once you top a plant,the branches will start to grow pretty fast-within 5 days of topping, you should have 2 branches long enough to tie down (node 3), then in about 3 or 4 more days node 4's branches should be about right to tie down.
It won't hurt anything to stake the leaves down, but it's not really necessary yet-later on,the leaves may get in the way a little,then you can tie em down out of the way.
Got it! I’m obviously not ready to even be thinking about this yet but do you ever clip off some of the fan leaves once things get going?

So I have the same tent and have learned a few things. First it's hard to keep cool with out an ac when using high power lights. I have the new electric sky 180v2 in my tent and have it at about 75% power just to keep the temp at 85°f and below. The biggest plant I have grown in it so far was 2 feet tall. I feel that about as tall as it can get without have issues with light burn. So I flip after 12 inches of growth. But with go lst and topping with help increase yield. I'm going to try a scrog net next time I do photos.

Attachments

• 20200115_194338.jpg
    20200115_194338.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 116
So I have the same tent and have learned a few things. First it's hard to keep cool with out an ac when using high power lights. I have the new electric sky 180v2 in my tent and have it at about 75% power just to keep the temp at 85°f and below. The biggest plant I have grown in it so far was 2 feet tall. I feel that about as tall as it can get without have issues with light burn. So I flip after 12 inches of growth. But with go lst and topping with help increase yield. I'm going to try a scrog net next time I do photos.
I think that looks really good! Have you harvested that yet? How much did you get off it (dried)? My problem is I got overly excited and have 3 plants in my tent. This was not a good idea!

I think that looks really good! Have you harvested that yet? How much did you get off it (dried)? My problem is I got overly excited and have 3 plants in my tent. This was not a good idea!

I did got about 3oz but I had other nute issues that lower my yield. And 3 is not bad just mean you cant veg as long. To many leaves and branches can cause humidity issues and mold/mildew. Once you have done lst and topping and it filled side to side then flip no matter how many plants are in there that's the best way to do it. Which is what I'm going to try my best next round to do. Not sure if I'm communicating this well. One more time height flip no more then 12 inches but also try to fill the tent with bud sites before flipping.

18 inches is definitely not ideal but you should be able to get some decent bud with that. If you let them veg to about 12 inches and with some low-stress training you should be able to cover your whole 2 x 2 area and if they stretch beyond 18 inches in flower you can just bend the tall branches over to keep them within limits.

Every time I mention this I get lots of blowback but honestly I don't understand why everyone is obsessed with growing in tents because I just grow in my basement out in the open with just reflectors around my plants but now because I am recording my plants in flower now in time-lapse photography I don't even have any reflectors up. Makes plants much easier to tend to than cramped in some grow tent.

IMG_0048.JPG
I'm an apartment dweller and have to use a tent. Like Gnarly I wish I'd gone 6 ft high instead of just 4 but I'm tying down as needed.

Back
Top Bottom