2x4x6 Closet Setup

Paraskivi

The wife has given me the ok to transform a never used, almost "secret" closet in our bedroom to a grow space. She wants the full use of her other closet and not just one side.

Pros:
  • bigger space than the 2x2x4 tent I have in one of our double closets right now.
  • already have a 460 cfm 6" inline fan, speed controller and 6" carbon filter that aren't being used due to space constraints of the tent inside of the closet.
  • easy to lightproof. There's only one access point to the closet, a 15" louvered door that can be covered.
  • when it's dark cycle, it'll be completely undisturbed

Cons:
  • There's only one access point to the closet, a 15" louvered door
  • Oddly-shaped with a sloping ceiling

Here's the layout of the space.
image535.png

My initial plan would be to use the space above the rod for the exhaust system. Everything has to be contained to the closet so I want to attach the end of the ducting to a piece of black foam board and attach that to the top of the door opening. That would pull air out of the closet and push it into our bedroom through the louvered door. Our bedroom is always cool/cold. Thinking along the side lines for an intake at the bottom of the door with the rest of the door being covered with panda film and weatherstrips.

Right now I only have a 145w LED panel and 225w in various CFLs. That's not nearly enough light. The idea of a LED/HPS combo start-finish really interests me. I've been viewing 400w and 600w HPS kits and would like to get another LED but again not too sure. I am worried about heat in the summertime (a portable a/c is out of the question), the winter it'd be greatly welcomed. From rod to floor is 6 feet and the lights would be attached to the rod. Also the electric bill can't be too outrageous; we rent from my in-laws.

Like most closets, there's no electrical outlets but we already need to have an electrician come out and run new lines for us. In the winter, the space heater keeps tripping the circuit. Our entire master, including the bathroom, is on 1 circuit. Just watching the tv with a few lights on and blow drying your hair trips the circuit smdh. The ideal situation would be to have 2 separate outlets installed inside of the closet...

Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom