2xNL Auto 1xRoyalGorilla 1xRoyalHighnessCBD 2018

Hypopotodog

420 Member
Hello readers welcome to my 1st Journal!
I'm a little late to the party (month into veg) so apologies for the lack of content during the seedling stage.

Here I have 2 Northern Lights autos growing along side 1 Royal Gorilla and 1 Royal Highness. Before you say anything, I am aware it will be hard to control those 2 photoperiod plants whilst the autos grow and finish, it may have been a problematic mistake, but I'll make it work!
Im growing in a secret Jardin tent under 2 ViparSpectra 450w (200w actual draw) lights. During my first grow I used just the 1 of these lights and had medium success for a first time, and seeing as these were on sale on amazon I thought I may aswell buy another.
All 4 plants are potted in a mix of coco coir, perlite, worm castings and bat guano. Unfortunatley this mix was made up by a relative, so I cant provide the ratio.

Here are the NL girls

I do plan on scrogging my 2 photo plants, and both have been topped. Infact, 2 weeks after topping the main shoots of both girls I also topped the rest of the shoots. I understand that will put a fair bit of stress on them, but it was an experiment and I also want to slow down their vegative growth somewhat whilst these autos are growing. Those topped shoots are slowly regrowing, but it looks like the plants are putting alot of energy into it.

Both NL autos went through a good 2 week patch of unhealthy growth. I couldn't work out why they looked so unhappy for quite a while. I suspected overwatering so left them for 5 days withoutmore water, they were still mildly damp a few inches deep into the medium on that 5th day so i suspect a potential drainage problem. Anyway, I fed both plants with nutes (generalhydro trio) from the bottom, allowing them to take what they wanted from what I'd given. Both sucked it all up and alas, a few days later they looked alot better.
All 4 of my girls are looking alittle yellow on top. Im unsure wether thats lack of nitrogen or light burn, so I've moved my LEDs further away anyway (let me know what you think).
My reasons for growing a CBD strain (royal highness) are simply because I want to help treat my mothers chronic nerve pain in her neck and its nice to see my RH plant performing pretty strongly, even her first set of shoots are right up there in the canopy.

Above is my RH CBD girl

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions guys! I'd appreciate advice and helpful criticism! If you see anything out of place, be sure to voice your opinion as I am keen to continue learning! I'm guessing my royal gorilla (Queen seeds take on GorillaGlue im guessing?) will be a point of interest for most of the followers I may recieve on this thread, so I'll make sure to put some extra update info into her.

^^ Royal gorilla! So thick and bushy man!!

Cheers Troy! Yup definitley I think, judging by those brown spots on the leaf i suspect a nutrient problem too, hopefully straightened that out too!

Hey made it over, nice pics. Watering i go by weight of pot/container. They look really indica variety's i like. snow gone now kinda crazy harvesting when weather out is not good lol.
Canada was only place that had variety i wanted, Got 32 variety's as it is lol, Give us a shout if you`re in this neck o the woods. regards

Post multiple topping recovery looking good. Some tops slower than overs, to be expected though, cant imagine having 4 or 5 tops pinched out was particuarly fun for my girls! These photos are just my RH CBD lady, but my RoyalGorilla's recovery rate is alittle slower.
This is probably normal, but I'm really impressed with my RH's growth rate in terms of her shoots. Even her first 2 are doing really well (probably the result of some early LST). So chuffed with that.
What do you guys think about topping her two main verticle shoots again to split into 4? Will this hinder yields in your experience??

Whats up guys, feel free to post some pics of your own grows I'd be interested to see.

Anyway, check these two NL autos out:

Now I thought I had worked out why they looked like this last time i ran into this droopiness problem (suspected overwatering and nute deficiency).
However I watered last night (from the bottom to avoid over saturating the medium and allow the roots to take what they needed. The next morning they looked like this and have remained so for a further day now. Ive poked holes into the medium to allow air in (wich made a difference last time) but no improvement. Any ideas here guys? Over watering again or something else? Its doing my head in, every time i water these two they react like this, and i'm definitely not using excessive amounts of water at all, and were fed recently.

In other news my RH and RG are recovering from topping still, and the canopy is beginning to even out. One of the shoots on the RG had a strange reaction to topping which is pretty cool.

Cheers

So both my auto NL's are yellowing hard. Clueless as to what is going on and have left myself so dis-orientated in trying to diagnose the problem. So many potential reasons. I've watered with nutirients 10 hours ago not seen any improvements. Still drooping leaves are yellowing and serated edges of the leaves are browning along the edges. Im starting to think a ph problem? Ive got a ph meter but i read anything under 50 quid wont be any good. This one was 15... used it in the past and the readings just seemed unreliable. How on earth am I supposed to keep on top of the PH without spending a fortune judt for a ph pen? Will rain water be naturally more around the 5.5 to 6.3 area? Ill collect some. Scared to water these 2 anytime soon after today... honestly havent got a clue whats going on with them!

An easy solution may be to go with Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect. It is buffered and automatically adjusts the PH without the need to have or use a pen. It is a 3 part mixture - Grow - Micro - Bloom that you use for each watering. With the exception of over watering it is pretty fool proof.

The bud in your finger picture looks like a symptom of over watering. While the leaf to me looks like early signs of Magnesium deficiency possibly being locked out due to PH or Overwatering.

Here's a picture of my current grow using their Connoisseur line

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into getting some of those nutes they sound extremely handy!
Yes definitley noticed the magnesium deficiency creeping in after I noticed the similarties on a leaf problem diagnoses picture... so went ahead and bought some calmag to try and fix that issue. I used to make my own calcium booster from collected egg shells but I dont eat so many now...
Interestingly this morning both my NL autos had perked up.. perhaps the rssult of the nutrients ive fed them kicking in. I will not be watering untill they feel very dry and will only use fresh water this time to try and flush and start a new in the medium. Hopefully i can get this under control again. One minute they are happy the next they are droopy, sometimes when I havent even changed again. In all honesty I'm expecting them to be drooping again when i wake up and check them later, and this is despite them looking great all day today. Somethings not right. Ive bought ph indicator kit to see if i can determine what my waters ph is after i add nutes and also when its fresh, this may help. Thanks for your input man.

Your grow looks great by the way, definitley not in short supply of tops there, you're gunna have a hell load of buds. What strain have you got going there? What mediun do you use and whats your lighting like? From what i can see it looks pretty interesting and being a newbie I cant tell what youve got going on there, but I'd be interested to know.
Leave a link to the journal of that grow if you have one and I'll sub, if not feel free to update me on your grow as it progresses on this thread :)
Cheers

I guess we are all newbies at heart. Mine has been a work in progress. I started my grow using 2x 600 Watt LED and about 1/2 way through I added a 2x4 - 5 COB light fixture and a couple weeks ago I pulled the 2 600 watt LED's and put them in my grow tent. I added 4 more COB's that I setup as individual units. I have one over each of the plants.

The COB's have given me more light than I need and am amble to turn down the drivers as I started seeing some light stress.

I have 6 plants in the Tent - The big on in the middle left is DP Auto-Ultimate the Middle Right is DP Daiquiri Lime.
There is an Alien vs Triangle in the Back Right that is now getting taller than the 2 in the middle - Up front I have 2 more Ultimate's that are about 3-4 weeks behind the others.

My link to my journal is also in my signature - Troy's 2nd - Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

About 1/2 way through the journal you will find instructions on building a 2X4 COB. I also built a watering system I used when I was out of town for 4 days.

Your grow is looking good. We each learn something new every day. I can guarantee you I have made many mistakes and still do.

Added to my watch list bro. Very excited to see how your auto ultimate comes along, i've been very curious about how realistic it is to get these monster yields from the so called super auto craze thats come into play.
Thanks for the info on the lighting, good to see some creative innovation in the growplace!!

Both my NL autos have stabalised in their behaviour... have looked perky all day. I actually threw a couple pegs under the 1 side of both pots, wedging them up and allowing airflow underneath... this may have helped but I dont really know. I was just concerned they were needing more oxygen to the roots. Definitley going to use these smartpots/bags ive heard so much about next time. Calmag should be hee tomorrow. So ill flush in a day or two depending on how dry they get, then add some calmag and see where it lands me.
Honestly I get so worked up when i see my plants failing, even with vegetables in the greenhouse. Silly me!
Photos below, you can judt see the buds forming now on the autos, exciting times. I think they are alittle late but to be expected after the problems they have had.

Cheers

Great job. They are looking amazing. Love it when they finally start blooming.

I used fabric pots of my first grow of this season and they worked pretty good. The only downside for me was it was difficult to do LST. I eventually got some Binder Clips and Diaper Pins and they seem to do the job. For my second grow of the season I went with plastic pails with holes drilled into them. Will be interesting to see the difference.

The batch of CoCo I got this time seem to be much more porous than that of the first grow. When I water it drains out of the pot within an hour. Maybe it is just new and I didn't remember the last batch being this porous.

Hello readers!

Little update.

Heres the grow a few days ago...
Scrog beginning to take effect at the back with my photoperiods! Both the RoyalGorilla and Royal Highness are thriving after the initial stress on topping for a 3rd time. Lots of light penetration going deep into the plant due to the scrog so its fantastic to see the lower branches growing up through the mide and turning into significant bud sites!

This is the RH

Followed by my RG

(They look so green because the tent was dark and I used flash)

As for my auto NLs the smaller of the two is well into flower now and is looking sweet. The larger one looks like its struggling to develope the tops significantly... I havent noticed any real development in her for a week or so now. Im wandering if this is because she was a much stronger plant during veg and as a result she has many strong secondary branches all reaching towards the canopy and as a result the plant has to soread its energy out more? Just a guess, let me know what you think!

Here they are

Cheers!

Hi guys quick update on what I now believe to be a sick NL plant. She is an auto and has clearly begun flowering, but has since not developed at all for the past 3 weeks. Shes been treated the same as her flourishing NL counter part. It seems such a shame to see this plant failing because her branches are well developed and strong, lots of potential for bud.
Any ideas whats gone wrong? Ive pulled her from the tent, shes now outside in the day (weather is uncommonly good) and in at night, thinking about reintroducing her to the tent when i flip my photos to 12/12 maybe that will kick her into continuing her flower?

As you can see shes developed well during veg but has looked like this for going on 3 weeks if not more.

Its weird though because underneath shes looking lovely, green and moist? Strange..

Cheers

Hey Hypopotodog I think your doing great bro phenos can be funny at times, I'd probably just let her do her thing bro. Your doing everything as it should be done and your other girls look fine. Keep up the good work bro.
:green_heart::420:
:passitleft:

Hey @Hypopotodog ive been viewing your grow and welcome to
:420:
What is your watering routine? It looks like your plants have suffered from watering issues relating to overwatering. Leaves will wilt and turn yellow when your “drowning” your plants! They can suffer other problems when this occurs. This is just my 2 cents though so take it as you will!! I’m still a New grower myself and running autos too. These are my girls who are on day 47 from seed! 2 White widows and 2 Early Miss C2200242-9AA7-42A1-BB24-234F0084198F.jpegCEB1CC64-2CC2-4FEA-BB8B-3F0BDA7691D0.jpegBA6F72CA-8697-47AC-A690-69074131CF3D.jpeg798B7A88-6898-4CE8-BED4-8AAD6D4B028D.jpeg6739D99D-59D5-49BD-80D8-5003BE4F564A.jpegC533B0FE-8A3E-47D3-A87F-677B29D8EB72.jpegA6433A53-1DDB-42D4-AB72-9ACF250B34A4.jpeg

Im jealous of your royal gorilla! I tried to get some seeds last week but we’re out of stock! I did however end up ordering some GorillaBomb from bombseeds ! Waiting for their arrival! Good luck and happy growing

Back
Top Bottom