3 Outdoor Jacks & 1 Hash Passion

i've recently taken a peek at that nug of the month...damn bro! be blessed you are...thanks for checking in on me yo! honoured to have you along...
Hey brother! Thank you so much, i really appreciate the kind words. :slide: That was a special grow i'll never forget.
still banking on some nice fall weather to finish these ladies off
They're looking damn good! They're large and in charge :morenutes: Looking healthy and happy. I like the trimming / cleaning up you did on the lower growth - it'll work well sending all it's growth energy up top.
Some interesting colouring pushing through on Alice - her fresh pistils looking amazing and i'm looking forward to seeing them swell up so we'll have an idea of the form of her flowers and how the colours develop. Sindy had some good stretch in her looks like she's shooting for the starts! :yahoo: Bertha is a beast. Some big stems on these girls!
Looking great in the garden brother. Hope you're well and having a good week - keep it irie :passitleft:

20190913_211010.jpg

Here she is... the shantytown is reaching new level of low. i ran out of light tonight and will fully enclose it tomorrow while all my neighbours are watching!

despite the low budget approach, the ladies are looking good. this will be good for them and will help extend the flower production, ripening, density.
here's Bertha
20190913_210800.jpg

peace to all

They will appreciate the rain bonnet!!! We had heavy rain here last nite - they are under cover and once I pick up a couple more tarps at Princess auto I can close them in a bit more over nites - weather looks good here for at least another week.
I figure your efforts will pay off!!!

Family picture!
20190915_171344.jpg

Sindy still has a long way to go...loving the pistils, still need 4-5 weks at minimum
20190915_171539.jpg

Athena...full frontal up close
20190915_171318.jpg

me ladies are attracting more ladies
20190915_171257.jpg

looking good, but the full moon in October will be the finish line from the looks of the flowers...
20190915_171243.jpg

i've been flat out pinned between work, single parenting and collecting firewood. i'll dive back into the journals i've been keeping tabs on...hope everyone is peacing out.

here's the latest...
20190920_140507.jpg

it didn't frost last night, but was cool at 3.4 C out there. i brought the girls in for a little sleepover in the basement.

this was yesterday, inside the hillbilly greenhouse...love the fall weather. the greenhouse doesn't have walls enclosed in poly so it gets nice air movement, naturally. it works great but looks pretty shanty.
20190920_145211.jpg

if it was fully enclosed it would be much warmer and the RH would be higher, but it's dry in the interior of BC. it's beauty. it's likely to hit the low 20's in september and sometimes into october.
20190921_133707.jpg

today, the RH is even lower...it's epic in the greenhouse.
20190921_133630.jpg

this is Bertha...beautiful Sativa pheno Jack
20190920_090419.jpg

20190920_090448.jpg

this is the Hash plant...
20190920_090622.jpg

20190920_090538.jpg

stay classy ya'll, i gotta get me some more firewood. i just delivered some to by kind neighbours who have a gas powered splitter which was delivered to my woodshed the other day. stellar move by them...i obviously owed them a favour for sharing the spiltter and they are awesome neighbours...

i love growing cannabis!

Attachments

• 20190920_091106.jpg
    20190920_091106.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190920_090918.jpg
    20190920_090918.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 34
Nope, not much hardwood in these parts. i've tried my luck with Birch and have felled some nice ones but they need to dry out for reals... this fir will will keep me warm all winter...i love the progress on the cannabis. pushing hard with new pistils only to fatten up later...i'm leaving them otside tonight, it's 9.0 C right now so i don't expect a frost in 7 hours, but this will keep them on their toes. Bertha and Alice are 4-5 weeks away from maximum thickness...loving the marijuana

The purple undertones on that hash plant are gorgeous :love:
:thanks:
wish i could say i've had something to do with it, but it's all in the genes (and some nutrients)...
20190926_173540.jpg

them pesky spider webs keep showing up in me photos...it's supposed to dip below zero tonight so i'll be bringing the girls in for a sleepover. 2nd or 3rd time this month.

bertha is probably 10 to 14 days ahead of Sindy and Alice who have evaded the camera for the last few updates. the tips of bertha's fan leaves are just starting to show some deeper colours, purpling as well. such a beauty plant.
20190926_173521.jpg

i'll include them this weekend because it could be considered as harassment/bullying if you isolate or don't include someone. i wouldn't want to get a name for myself amongst the girls as being non-inclusive.
but here's another one of bertha anyway...and don't tell the others
20190926_173449.jpg

Attachments

• 20190926_173536.jpg
    20190926_173536.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 38
still no big news from the interior of BC. snow is threatening at higher elevations, cooler temps are prevailing through the night (floating between 2 and 3 C) and i'm still 2 weeks away from doing the deed on 2 of the 4 ladies. definitely looking at close to 4 weeks for the other 2...here's the photgraphic evidence.

Bertha (Jack Herer)
20190929_204038.jpg

Alice (Hash Plant)
20190929_204008.jpg

i had this weird thing going on with Sindy and Athena that i didn't notice until yesterday. if you guys have seen this before, please let me know what to be looking for. it seems like a couple of branches were targeted by something that stripped the the outer part of the tissue on the branch causing the growing tip to wilt. it must have been fairly recent and quick because like you guys, my eyes are on these girls daily as i look for any imperfection...

20190928_161518.jpg

it's only in the mid section of a growing branch, all brown, damaged tissue
20190928_161453.jpg

this one was right at the nodal point off the main stalk...rot?
20190928_162140.jpg

i've snipped off all the affected branches and am keeping an eye on this. i've been bringing the girls in for sleepovers in my basement on the cold nights with a fan oscillating on them all night. i'm going to begin the flush on 2 of the girls at the end of this week. maybe let them dry out to the point of wilt as a means to stress them mildly in conjunction with the cooler temps to encourage some trichome production due to the stress...any wisdom from you veterans out there?

as always, thanks to all of you for stopping by and offering your guidance. it is always appreciated. kindness and positivity to all of you.

It certainly looks like mould to me! It's definitely a pathogen of some sort. What's the humidity like at the moment? I'd say remove all deteriorating areas as you have already and keep the foliage as dry as possible. Pests and over watering can also contribute to spreading and worsening the situation although as you probably know, you don't want to be spraying flowers with toxins or pesticides so manual removal of harmful insects may be in need.

I've also heard about applying 3% hydrogen peroxide or using a LIGHT dusting of bicarbonate soda but I've never had to use either method so research is key!

Hope you get it sorted! The flowers look great anyway! Keen for the next update! :rollit:

Edit: How did I miss the temp and humidity gauge!? They look fine.

It certainly looks like mould to me! It's definitely a pathogen of some sort. What's the humidity like at the moment? I'd say remove all deteriorating areas as you have already and keep the foliage as dry as possible. Pests and over watering can also contribute to spreading and worsening the situation although as you probably know, you don't want to be spraying flowers with toxins or pesticides so manual removal of harmful insects may be in need.

I've also heard about applying 3% hydrogen peroxide or using a LIGHT dusting of bicarbonate soda but I've never had to use either method so research is key!

Hope you get it sorted! The flowers look great anyway! Keen for the next update! :rollit:
i appreciate the feedback Timmy, thank you. i trimmed off those branches last Sunday and actually just finished toking on the flavourless herb. still got half a J for tomorrow! that was only 5 days ago, so quite fresh. they were popcorn puny and immature flowers. i've been bringing all the plants in at night and blowing a fan all night on them. i'll update soon, but i sincerely appreciate the feedback. i haven't grown in over 15 years and was never an ace...always willing to try new things. this year's garden is definitely my best crop ever. i've made plenty of mistakes along this grow but mother nature and the cannabis plant are resilient. even i can't screw them up so bad they can't recover...stay tuned for the latest.

This is 11:30 pm last night inside the hillbilly greenhouse! we've had frosts the last few nights, but i've been bringing the girls in for sleepovers. last night it got down to -0.8 C, previously -2.2 C, and a few other nights below 0. so there's some extra work to keep the ladies going until they reach their potential...
20191004_233024.jpg

during the day, it is downright perfect for the final push. 17 C early afternoon, 46% RH.
20191004_132152.jpg

Family Picture!!! having a sleepover in the basement
20191003_232616.jpg

i ordered and received the 30X magnification loop and was trying it out last night...here's a close-up of Bertha's private parts. things are looking cloudy in there, no amber as of yet, but still pushing out some white hairs...she's pulling for the full moon and so am i
20191003_232533.jpg

this is her this afternoon and you can see all the spots she's going to fill in with extra juice as she finishes. i'm hoping she'll fill right up and become dense, beautiful Jack. the purpling colour in her has just happened over the last 3 days. i'll try to take a pick of the same bud after the full moon for comparison. she smells like a mix of citrus, spicy pine, just phresh...
20191004_132444.jpg

and then there is Alice the hash plant. she seems to be going through the teenager phase and recently went for the deep purple look. it's quite appealing...
20191004_132524.jpg
20191004_132551.jpg

she's humming along pushing out more landing strips, looking for a y chromosome, but sadly she'll live the remainder of her life pure and free from any evil fertilizing agent. she looks good under the loop as well...not as frosty as Bertha and her trichomes are almost 50% clear and some even are clear with a purple tinge. i'll try to keep a steady hand and capture that tomorrow. i've got the phone on zoom, and through the 30X loop. it's hard to stay still to get a good picture. she's really starting to fill out those spots with all those hairs. interesting difference between the sativa and indica in terms of their development.
20191003_232554.jpg

Sindy and Athena are at least a couple weeks behind compared Bertha and Alice. i'm watching another thread on making hash and i'd really like Sindy and Athena to go the distance, even if i have to keep them going all through October in and out during the day/night. if they don't fill out and finish i might try a recipe to make some hashish (for personal and friendly special occasions) with a predetermined amount of herb...we'll see how things play out.

Athena (Jack Herer) Sindy (Jack Herer)
20191004_132315.jpg
20191004_132214.jpg

I'd say Athena is looking more Haze like than any of them so far, but i'm just an old guy who likes to think he knows what he's talking about. i'm just going with the flow for now. it's close. full moon is 9 days out and i'm really hoping to make it there and see the difference in all of them, especially Bertha and Alice. thanks for stopping by everyone.

full moon is 9 days out
Wow - I hope you make it - My gals have been being harvested by "1000 cuts" - taking whatever looks like it is in trouble. Branch here, branch there!!
We got down to 0 c here last nite - 2 in the greenhouse should be fine - 4 outside but under cover and draped?? I'll check on them now - might be harvest day!! I don't think I can wait for the moon.

Here's Bertha mostly, with Alice and her purple buds photobombing on the top left. Bertha's flowers are dense and full. i've been bringing the family in steady for several nights. -9 C last night, but hitting 14 C during the day, big blue sky so there's plenty of sun left in the day. she smells like a treat and is pushing out some fresh white tendtils in the buds. this is probably the last push. very exciting.
Berthadown.jpg

here's a close up of her flower and those white tendrils pushing through from the deep dark nooks and crannies. this last push will fatten up the nugs.
Bertha still growing.jpg

here's the hash plant and all her phat buds...
athenadown.jpg

purple athena.jpg

here's Sindy's bud stage, and her from the top down
young Sindy.jpg
Sindydown.jpg

and Alice...
Alicedown.jpg

here's her flower stage. still pretty "airy", need to fatten up
20191009_193336.jpg

still a couple weeks from hitting full density. i'm not sure what my plan is to get full to full maturity. i'm going to keep putting out in day and in at night for as long as possible.

here's a couple of random pics...
still filling out.jpg

20191009_193045.jpg

doesn't do it justice...she's very fluffy...

thanks for checking in ya'll. i'm still waiting for the full moon. forecast looks good for the next little while...

@greenjeans check out this article

long story short...

harvesting your marijuana plants is best done when the moon is waxing (since it will have the most energy devoted to the growth of the plant above ground during this time)

HELP! i've got aphids and i'm 2 days away from the harvest...spray them off with water? soapy water and a facecloth and try to get each and every one of them? spinosad? terrible timing...i've seen a couple over the last few days, but this morning when i took them outside, there was way more of them...looks like mostly on the hash plant, but there's a few on every plant...
!
20191012_114856.jpg

20191012_115430.jpg

20191012_172818.jpg

20191012_111417.jpg

trichs are 90% cloudy, some are purple, some are clear...very close. with the aphids having just settled in, maybe waiting for the full moon in 2 days is pointless.

here's bertha...
20191012_111610.jpg

she's almost entirely cloudy, clear trichomes are lower down on the buds. i was also waiting for her to finish up after the full moon. still a few spots where she could pop out more hairs...freakin' aphids have got me all jumpy. her buds are very dense
20191012_111643.jpg

Back
Top Bottom