3 Outdoor Jacks & 1 Hash Passion

They look pretty good to me-I've grown outdoors,but they've all been bagseed,so I'm no help with your particular strain
Like @Backlipslide said,keep the bugs off,keep them fed and watered,and the sun takes care of the rest....the flowering is totally dependent on the days getting short enough to trigger the plant's hormones,so it's one of those "it is what it is" things-covering them won't change anything unless you can shut out 100% of the light-shade or just "out of direct sun" won't do it.

Judging by the size of the plants,they could be rootbound,and if you want to transplant them,now's the time for that,before they start fully flowering.(which is coming up real soon)
Although being rootbound won't kill them at this stage,they'll just stop getting any bigger.

I probably wasn't much help,but judging by the look of those plants,you don't need much-
They're looking pretty good just as they are...

Nice looking girls you have there!
My plants that are in pots are in 15 gallon fabric grow pots. They seem to be working well and claim lots of air for roots to breath.
I started getting pistols when I had less than 15 hours light, and then they started to stretch (last week of July) they should be budding when we hit the 14 hour mark from what I understand...where I am that is Aug 17 There is a website that will give you daily tables for your area.

Will be following along to see how things go for you. This is my first rodeo also so can’t give much advice. Someone with more experience will be along to give us both some insight

Hey Roar - I'll jump in but I am a total neubie - and I'm making every mistake in the book, at least the book from central Ontario. Since my gals were in Miracle Gro Potting Mix/soil from a Beaver Dam and I had been giving them small doses of whatever the blue stuff that you attach to a garden hose is. I then almost killed one with Tomato fertilizer!!! Since then I have flushed two of them, moved three outside and everyone only gets rainwater now. It seems to have the proper ph - my well water and even the water from my pond seemed to have high numbers. The barrels should be full now - a big rain is moving thru - I just got my cover over my forest dwellers yesterday afternoon - good timing!!
My gals are all in flower now - from seed May 1. Mine are in laundry tubs and one in a 5 gal pail.
I can't offer much except encouragement!!! :thumb:

Next year (aren't I the optimist) I think I will keep one plant separate and give it an hour of extra artificial light each nite from the beginning and then switch to natural like the rest and see if it goes into flower earlier.

They look pretty good to me-I've grown outdoors,but they've all been bagseed,so I'm no help with your particular strain
Like @Backlipslide said,keep the bugs off,keep them fed and watered,and the sun takes care of the rest....the flowering is totally dependent on the days getting short enough to trigger the plant's hormones,so it's one of those "it is what it is" things-covering them won't change anything unless you can shut out 100% of the light-shade or just "out of direct sun" won't do it.

Judging by the size of the plants,they could be rootbound,and if you want to transplant them,now's the time for that,before they start fully flowering.(which is coming up real soon)
Although being rootbound won't kill them at this stage,they'll just stop getting any bigger.

I probably wasn't much help,but judging by the look of those plants,you don't need much-
They're looking pretty good just as they are...
carcass, thanks for joining in. while i don't want to admit it, i've been neglecting to act on my hunch about the plants being rootbound. i'll act on this immediately and let you know how it goes. would you recommend the cloth bags that everyone seems to be using outdoors? thanks for speaking up.

Nice looking girls you have there!
My plants that are in pots are in 15 gallon fabric grow pots. They seem to be working well and claim lots of air for roots to breath.
I started getting pistols when I had less than 15 hours light, and then they started to stretch (last week of July) they should be budding when we hit the 14 hour mark from what I understand...where I am that is Aug 17 There is a website that will give you daily tables for your area.

Will be following along to see how things go for you. This is my first rodeo also so can’t give much advice. Someone with more experience will be along to give us both some insight
kanda,
thanks for joining! i'll be switiching to the fabric pots in the next couple of days. all i've got at home is plastic and @carcass has nailed it. i've had a hunch they are bound as i can see roots in the drain holes of the pots. even when i add a gallon of water to the plants, they will be nearly dried out in less than 24 hours...updated photos coming after the transplant...good luck to you

Hey Roar - I'll jump in but I am a total neubie - and I'm making every mistake in the book, at least the book from central Ontario. Since my gals were in Miracle Gro Potting Mix/soil from a Beaver Dam and I had been giving them small doses of whatever the blue stuff that you attach to a garden hose is. I then almost killed one with Tomato fertilizer!!! Since then I have flushed two of them, moved three outside and everyone only gets rainwater now. It seems to have the proper ph - my well water and even the water from my pond seemed to have high numbers. The barrels should be full now - a big rain is moving thru - I just got my cover over my forest dwellers yesterday afternoon - good timing!!
My gals are all in flower now - from seed May 1. Mine are in laundry tubs and one in a 5 gal pail.
I can't offer much except encouragement!!! :thumb:
i'll take all the encouragement i can get. good luck in Ontario...

would you recommend the cloth bags that everyone seems to be using outdoors
I would- Even though I've never used them, a lot of great growers are using them,so I feel confident recommending them-I'll definitely use cloth if I grow outdoors in containers again.

I would go bigger than 15 gallons with photo period plants in the future. Maybe I’ll use the 15 gallon next year for the auto girls.

so i ordered five 10 gallon cloth bags off the interweb this afternoon, should be arriving in the next few days. i'll transplant once they arrive...

here's the temp at 5:45 pm tonight

and here's how the ladies looked in the heat... did i wait long enough to water them? (joking)

this is Athena--Hash Passion

this is Alice--Jack Herer

this is Sindy--Jack Herer

and i know it's not fair to play favourites but this is Bertha. she's displaying some serious sativa pheno of Jack. can't wait until the finish line...

Sindy and Bertha held up pretty good compared to Athena and Alice. since Alice is on the stump, she is obviously a bit more exposed to wind and drying out. Athena was looking pretty sad. she'll bounce back but i've noticed she can go through a gallon of water or more in a day. i've watered her in the morning and noticed she's dry 24 hours later. after reading all the stuff about overwatering, i've backed off. looking forward to the cloth bags. i ordered light brown to avoid the excess heat from a black bag...you guys sure i should make the switch at this stage of the game?

.you guys sure i should make the switch at this stage of the game?
It's kind of now or never-as fast as they're using the water,I think they'll really appreciate the
larger pots-if they're drinking those pots dry in 24 hours,more soil (which holds more water) would really help them reach their full potential...bigger roots = bigger buds

It's kind of now or never-as fast as they're using the water,I think they'll really appreciate the
larger pots-if they're drinking those pots dry in 24 hours,more soil (which holds more water) would really help them reach their full potential...bigger roots = bigger buds
amazon better hurry up then! thanks carcass, was just checking out some other grow journals... there are some good cultivators on here

Roaring lion looking great and with the great advice coming your way all should work out great in the end :yummy:.

Outdoor plants love the root space. The bigger the better. 15 to 20 gal is good for the east coast here but in BC get them started inside early and get them uppotted into 20 - 40 gal planters and you will have monsters even bigger than the beauties you have growing now.

Great work :thumb::passitleft:

hilarious you...welcome back!
no need for more photos of wilted plants but the heat has been getting to the girls lately. it was over 30 C again. i was reading Emilya's article about watering and tried something tonight. i turned on the hose to the garden and timed how long it would take to fill 1 gallon jug. it took 1 minute 14 seconds to fill the milk jug, not a lot of flow. just a steady trickling flow. so after filling the 1 gallon jug with their food, i moved over to the plants and began watering the wilted weeds. i went slowly, around the edge of the pot and didn't spend too much time in one area. every 15 seconds was just shy of a 1/4 gallon. so if i spent 30 seconds watering one plant it was just shy of 1/2 gallon. not too much in the big picture for the root system. i basically spent 15 seconds on one plant, watering the outside of the pot, breathing deeply on to the wonderful plant. the little piece of hash helped for the ritual. i moved the hose to the next plant focusing on the growth, looking for yellow leaves, watering the outside of the pot, always moving, loving it. 15 seconds later, move on to the next one, breathing, loving the process, delivering a 1/4 gallon of fresh water. i moved back to the first plant and spent another 15 seconds moving the hose slowly, delivering another 1/4 gallon, and around again. they all got 1/2 a gallon, then they lovely girls had a little rainshower from the hose. it was delicious under the half moon and mountain. watering. slowly. breathing beautiful energy into these plants. what a treat.

anyway...i was a little worried about overwatering a while ago from all the talk on here about overwatering. power of suggestion may have driven me to overwater but the girls have been wilted two days in a row. i dialed back the volume for sure and the daytime temps are at summer highs right now, 30+ C. these girls are tough. we can all handle a little adversity every now and then right? i am looking forward to the cloth bags...

Attachments

• 1:2moon.jpg
    1:2moon.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 108
and the lovely little plants will get their gallon of food that was mixed tonight first thing in the morning, usually at about 6 a.m., before the sun has crested. the soil in the cannabis pot is still nice and moist from the previous night's ritual, so when i slowly deliver the 1 gallon of food that has sat under that beautiful 1/2 moon all night, the little ladies just soak up the nutrients. the sleepover under the moon gives a chance for the water/nutrients to breathe overnight and let the gravitational pull of the moon do some celestial magic to the water/nutrient mix. i have no scientific data to support the claim of bathing your water in the moonlight increases the yields or concentration of thc, but a guy could start marketing that concept..."moonbathed water from the secret valley under a fool moon" "the gravitational pull of the full moon imposes a frequency on the water that intuitively synchs with your plant's cellular system because the moon has also been acting on your plant from the beginning. so when you water with this "full moon" water there is a synergistic and seismic cellular reaction occuring"

i know. freaky shit eh?

you guys wanna try some? March 2019's moon bathed water was a stellar month...supermoon. this shit does wonders for your plants...i've got about 20 gallons of this vintage water still in stock if anyone's interested...see...it could work...any marketing heroes out there? i'm all in on the "moon bathed water" ya'll. let me know if you're interested... i'm thinking i should get that registered soon...

Back
Top Bottom